Sign in to follow this  
MarkW

What is going on with fix for "Caution" light always on?

If I'm being read as being critical of PMDG or RSR, that is for sure not my intention. Just, based on what Kyle has suggested, it seems something they could do. If it's supposed to fix it for us then , rhetorically, why not PMDG?

Chris Stanley VTCC

8 hours ago, Milton Waddams said:

I’m sure if it were this simple it would’ve been done ages ago. RSR isn’t one to let an issue stay unresolved if it’s a simple fix and the fact that it hasn’t even fixed is a clear indication of how complex the problem appears to be.

A simple fix is possible of course but as Kyle explained they are looking at ways to make the system more robust so this won’t occur again. 

• Upvote 1

ki9cAAb.jpg

I have created my own panel states from the default start several times and it doesn’t make a difference for me. My FMC message light never goes away. Obviously it hasn’t grounded the airplane but I’d be lying if I said that little yellow light didn’t drive me crazy. :laugh:

As I mentioned before (and Kevin mentioned as well), we are working internally to make it more robust. The fix is simple enough on the user's end to create a temporary solution until we both make it more robust, and release a fix. Releasing an update for the panel states (which is actually a relatively involved process), doing all of the work to make it more robust, and then releasing a new update with the new states would not only create a bit of confusion, it would be a good bit of effort that would distract us all from our current tasks.

To be honest, we could have just as easily shipped it with the default engines running state, and no saved states (relying on you all to create your own, as you please), and I don't think anyone would really be upset by it. We added a few in there to be helpful, and now that they have a minor issue, it seems as if we're the Great Evil. Granted, yes, it should be (and will be) fixed, since we gave you the panel states, and they should work...but I think people should also keep it in the perspective of the fact that you have a function that can just as easily (and quicker than it takes to load up the forum and complain about it) create a new, functional, panel state.

Kyle Rodgers

3 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

that can just as easily (and quicker than it takes to load up the forum and complain about it) create a new, functional, panel state.

2 minutes per panel state. And as many people most likely modify them anyway.. would be great if sth worked perfectly out of the box but reality is different. And I somehow doubt pmdg have encountered and shipped those obvious issues. I don‘t even think that everyone has the problems as I only have the FMC message but not the warning light with the same airplane. 

Kyle, as many topics find their way in here on a regular basis, maybe a (locked) pinned thread „on-to-do-list“ would make sense? 

1 hour ago, Ephedrin said:

... I only have the FMC message but not the warning light with the same airplane. 

Marc, (unless i have misunderstood your message) you still have the FMC-message problem?

There is a know condition which will trigger the FMC message and does not clear it. See below. We are aware about this and is investigated

With both CDUs on MENU page, turn on the IRS's and wait until ">FMC MESSAGE" appears on EICAS. Scratchpad displays "SET IRS POSITION" which disappears when position is entered. However, EICAS ">FMC MESSAGE" message persists

The correct way to do it is  with captain's CDU on POS INIT page, turn on the IRS's and wait until yellow "FMC" appears on EICAS. Scratchpad displays "SET IRS POSITION" which disappears when position is entered. EICAS "FMC" message also clears.

There is a workaround explained in this topic.  Works for me, never had FMC-messages again (who are not disappearing).

5 minutes ago, Headley said:

Marc, (unless i have misunderstood your message) you still have the FMC-message problem?

There is a workaround explained in this topic.  Works for me, never had FMC-messages again (who are not disappearing).

I only have created new panel states for the 737 and 777 (and FSL A320 as it also has problems)... I‘m not yet allowed to fly the Jumbo in my virtual airline so I barely use it atm :laugh: but nevertheless I can‘t remember having experienced the caution light issue, but I might have forgotten it as I fly almost every day :D

1 hour ago, Ephedrin said:

I‘m not yet allowed to fly the Jumbo in my virtual airline

I tried a VA once. Nice folks and the systems were really good.  They wouldn't let me fly the aircraft in which I had a RW type rating in because I didn't have enough experience in it. ROFL

blaustern

• Upvote 2

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

3 hours ago, Ephedrin said:

I‘m not yet allowed to fly the Jumbo in my virtual airline

1 hour ago, Bluestar said:

I tried a VA once. Nice folks and the systems were really good.  They wouldn't let me fly the aircraft in which I had a RW type rating in because I didn't have enough experience in it.

And this is why I fly my own virtual airline. I don't actually have to worry about such silly restrictions. I just fly whatever I want whenever I want.

• Upvote 1

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.