Sign in to follow this  
MarkW

What is going on with fix for "Caution" light always on?

I have read that this is a problem with loading the PMDG saved states that ship with the 747.  My question is why is this not fixed yet, its been quite some time.   I don't often get on you guys but come on, this is a $140 addon for P3D v4, I should not have to be messing around to eliminate this problem.

Second, what is the actual fix if you want to keep the panel states as they are, do you just load them and re-save?

• Upvote 2

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

First, load the default cold and dark cockpit config and then run through the power-up procedure starting the APU or connecting external power. Then save that config and set it as your default panel state. 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, james42 said:

First, load the default cold and dark cockpit config and then run through the power-up procedure starting the APU or connecting external power. Then save that config and set it as your default panel state. 

OK, so if you do this can you then load other panel states and they will work properly?

• Upvote 1

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Don't load the cold&dark state, use the "Default Panel State" instead. It starts with everything turned on, engines running etc... Afterwards you can configure the aircraft state to your liking then save it with another name. Done.

Unfortunately, the only panel state provided by PMDG that works for now is the "Default". All the others have this problem. Forget about them and create your own using the above method.

Mauricio Brentano

7 minutes ago, MarkW said:

OK, so if you do this can you then load other panel states and they will work properly?

Good question.

The bandage fix by loading default panel state then customizing is one thing and won't be hard to follow, but once this is done - does it clear the bug and we can load long turn, short turn and the rest w/out this yellow light?

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog
  • Software: P3D ► MSFS ► XP11 ► DCS World

2 minutes ago, bob34 said:

Good question.

The bandage fix by loading default panel state then customizing is one thing and won't be hard to follow, but once this is done - does it clear the bug and we can load long turn, short turn and the rest w/out this yellow light?

Apart from the "Default" panel state, all the other ones have this master caution bug, NOLAND3 bug etc... The good thing is, if you create a new one based on the "Default", you are done. And you can create as many panel states as you like (Cold and Dark, APU, GPU, etc). Just don't use the panel states from PMDG anymore (you can delete them from the folder), apart form the named "Default".

• Upvote 1

Mauricio Brentano

Just now, MauB said:

Apart from the "Default" panel state, all the other ones have this master caution bug, NOLAND3 bug etc... The good thing is, if you create a new one based on the "Default", you are done. And you can create as many panel states as you like (Cold and Dark, APU, GPU, etc). Just don't use the panel states from PMDG anymore (you can delete them from the folder), apart form the named "Default".

Understood. Thanks.

Sounds like PMDG just needs to push a new set of profiles at some point and overwrite the old.

• Upvote 1

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog
  • Software: P3D ► MSFS ► XP11 ► DCS World

Interesting, the default cold and dark panel state was the only one I didn't have this problem with. I've created all my panel states starting from cold and dark and I haven't come across this bug since. 

10 hours ago, MarkW said:

My question is why is this not fixed yet, its been quite some time.   I don't often get on you guys but come on, this is a $140 addon for P3D v4, I should not have to be messing around to eliminate this problem.

Mhh, this is already asked a few times, answer was that it is not that easy to fix:blush:.  But as you say, they are the programmers, there should be a fix somehow...

Creating new ones from the DEFAULT is the fix till now.  In my case i use a startup state created from the DEFAULT and for a long time no problems whatsoever.

Gents,

If it were something where we could "just" do something, we would have "just" done that thing already. If you look back, you'll see that there have been similar issues in the past, so we are looking at ways to make it more robust.

Additionally, while I can somewhat understand the frustration, there's a default panel state that basically loads the plane without loading an actual panel state, from which you can create your own version of a state. A little bit of extra work, but to be honest, writing a whole plane off because of a simple profile error is a bit melodramatic.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

On 1/14/2018 at 0:43 PM, scandinavian13 said:

Gents,

If it were something where we could "just" do something, we would have "just" done that thing already. If you look back, you'll see that there have been similar issues in the past, so we are looking at ways to make it more robust.

Additionally, while I can somewhat understand the frustration, there's a default panel state that basically loads the plane without loading an actual panel state, from which you can create your own version of a state. A little bit of extra work, but to be honest, writing a whole plane off because of a simple profile error is a bit melodramatic.

Definitely not writing it off.  I just think the communication from PMDG has been poor on this one.  

Mark W   CYYZ      

On 1/15/2018 at 0:43 AM, scandinavian13 said:

Gents,

Then why can't PMDG just take that default not-a-panel-state and "just" fix the others (C&D, Short and Long) and promulgate them in an update?

Yes, I read the "pesky" manuals but I'm well past retirement age and sometimes forget things or miss things even though I can get a clean 30 on the Montreal Dementia Test. It would be wonderful, instead of having to work through all this to ensure I get it 100% correct, if PMDG could "just" do it and be done with it once-and-for-all.

I know the tutorial flight has all the shut down and start up stuff but nowhere (if my memory serves me correctly) does it tell when I have reached a situation where I can save to create the various panels. Much "frustration" I'm afraid.

Thank You.

Edited by funkyhut1
Omitted something.
  • Upvote 2

Chris Stanley VTCC

If it is too hard for the experts at PMDG to fix it is surely asking a lot to expect paying customers to fix it.

Harry Woodrow

9 minutes ago, harrry said:

If it is too hard for the experts at PMDG to fix it is surely asking a lot to expect paying customers to fix it.

There is a fix, to resave your panel state, but it isn’t a permanent one. At least, that’s the last fix I read, maybe it doesn’t work anymore.

23 minutes ago, funkyhut1 said:

Then why can't PMDG just take that default not-a-panel-state and "just" fix the others (C&D, Short and Long) and promulgate them in an update?

I’m sure if it were this simple it would’ve been done ages ago. RSR isn’t one to let an issue stay unresolved if it’s a simple fix and the fact that it hasn’t even fixed is a clear indication of how complex the problem appears to be.

• Upvote 1