Sign in to follow this  
CaptainNick

Aerosoft CRJ worth it now?

What is the state of the Aerosoft CRJ? I know they have had several patches since release and the release wasn't so hot.....

Looking for something about that size to tide me over until the JS41 is ported over (already have the TFDI, love it! Also have the Majestic...great sim but I hate the dash 8 in general, kind of fugly to me but that is my $.02)

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

Wait for the FMS to be patched. It's more than frustrating to fly at the moment. Hans (developer) has said he's working on the issue so there's hope. 

Save your money and wait for feedback on the next update. 

22 minutes ago, BrasiliaNick said:

What is the state of the Aerosoft CRJ?

If I were you, I would wait a bit...
There are still issues with auto flight and CDU. I have installed the latest patch, version 1.0.3.
It is good flyable but for me the issues are spoiling the experience a bit too much.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

4 minutes ago, Egbert Drenth said:

There are still issues with auto flight and CDU.

thats another polite  way of saying it has problem of flying in a straight line all the time.. other than that, its a treat

14ppkc-6.png

I've given up on it for now. I am confident it will become a great plane but it's not there yet. I will revisit the product after its received a few more patches as it probably going to be buggy even after the next one. It was released way to early! They should have waited until it was ready.

• Upvote 1

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Still seems to have issues. Last flight I did the plane couldn't reach my cruising altitude of 260. Got to 250 and then fluctuated up and down around that level for the duration of the flight.

Also wouldn't follow the line at all. Had to input headings manually so it still has considerable issues.

I had high crosswinds at altitude though so whether that affected things I don't know as other flights I've done were ok.

P3D & X-Plane 11 - Videos and streaming @ V Special 1

What I find astonishing is you read posts like those above is where people write saying it can't fly in a straight line,hold an altitude or capture an ils.  But they say it's 'got a few issues'.  

To me that's a completly unusable and unless aircraft addon.  It's like having a completly rotten apple but because it's round a green it's OK. 

I'm quite interested in psychology and social conditioning and I'd love to know at what in life as a society did we just take things as junk and thought it was OK.  Goes with alot of things.  At what point in life did we decide an iPhone that's breaks easily was OK because it had a logo on it and it was 500 bucks.  

The  point I'm making here is how can you have an addon that can't fly properly and yet people say it's got a 'couple of issues' . 

It's amazing in today's world people for some reason just can't say something is shoddy.  Everything has to be fluffy and nice.  Unbelievable

• Upvote 9

14ppkc-6.png

I bought the AS CRJ when it got released, I've hardly flown it, it's got potential to be a great aircraft, in hindsight I should have waited for it to mature as a product until it was truly ready. I've recently bought the Tfdi B717 and love it, I should have bought the 717 first and waited for the CRJ to come good.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

3 hours ago, tooting said:

It's amazing in today's world people for some reason just can't say something is shoddy.  Everything has to be fluffy and nice.  Unbelievable

Political correctness Pete it's a sad world.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

24 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Political correctness Pete it's a sad world.

I refuse to capitulate to the PC world; if you're product sucks, or you're a liar, I will tell it how I see it...I hope others will do the same.  BTW, I think the majority of AVSIM posters do just that...

• Upvote 1

Matt King

On my system, the CRJ works perfectly fine. I never had issues with the FMS and love the plane. My impression on the Aerosoft forum is that the CRJ works for many people equally well, but that there is also a significant number of people with issues. 

Peter