Sign in to follow this  
hydraulics3

Views randomly changing

Great programme, but of late CP flips to other views without me doing anything, Especially for example when on finals it flips to my overhead panel, I have to quickly reselect my landing panel. It is beginning to do this more frequently.

Anyone any idea how to fix this?  

Thanks

Don

One thing that comes to mind is: did you select "hot corners"? (in the AIRCRAFT tab).

You may move the mouse to far and activate this option?

Me too. If i leave the sim alone for a while (e.g. while in cruise), whenever I come back after a short time, the view has usually changed from cockpit to an outside view. Sometimes then difficult to select an inside view again using shortcuts, and then i have to go back to the CP window and click on the desired view.

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

Hi There

I am told by Tech support that this is due to Cinematic Camera View checked ON and it can be checked off.

I have difficulty finding that option in the camera setting

Bill

C:|mydocuments\mypictures\my signature.htm

Rich/Bill,

You can turn off the Auto-Enable function above FL180 by sliding the slider all the way to the left in Camera/Cinematic Mode assuming that is what you both mean.

Headley,

To be honest, I don't really know what all the corners do in the  Aircraft tab. Just in case I have turned them all off. I will see if it makes any difference.

Cheers

Don

Don,

"Hot Corners" allow you to select a certain preview by only moving the mouse to the top, bottom, left, right, or any corner.  My first thought was that you enabled this feature, hence the change of camera view.  apparently this is not the case.

Anyway, i have to add to this topic that i have the same another problem when cinematic mode is enabled and active.  Then it is difficult to return to cockpit views, only after a certain time and after a lot of clicking the view will return to cockpit. That's why i disabled this feature, unfortunately because it is a nice feature anyway.

The problem will be something else.

Edited by Headley

Headley,

Just to add to my previous comment - I found some of the corners were activated so I have now turned them all off. So far no flipping to another screen.......(fingers crossed!)

Don

On ‎14‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 4:17 PM, hydraulics3 said:

Rich/Bill,

You can turn off the Auto-Enable function above FL180 by sliding the slider all the way to the left in Camera/Cinematic Mode assuming that is what you both mean.

Rudely I never responded to your kind post in response. Apologies. This sorted it out for me - THANK YOU!

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

None of that has worked for me.  On the ground and in the air I get random view changes along with the light switches being turned on and sometimes the spoilers deploying.  I don't have cinematic turned on.  Really confused as to why this happens.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

17 hours ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

None of that has worked for me.  On the ground and in the air I get random view changes along with the light switches being turned on and sometimes the spoilers deploying.  I don't have cinematic turned on.  Really confused as to why this happens.

Your issue is not related to Cinematic Mode. Make sure you don't have conflicting control assignments in P3D and your view controls and also make sure you don't have Hot COrners setup in the Aircraft page.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

4 hours ago, Keven Menard said:

Your issue is not related to Cinematic Mode. Make sure you don't have conflicting control assignments in P3D and your view controls and also make sure you don't have Hot COrners setup in the Aircraft page.

I wouldn't see how it wold be control assignments because I'm not pressing anything when it happens.  Only changing views to the outside spot view and the random switch presses don't happen when I switch views.  They just happen when in the outside view.  Don't have hot corners on either.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

ChasePlane does not interact with your simulator that way... Does it still happen when CP is not running?

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

14 minutes ago, Keven Menard said:

ChasePlane does not interact with your simulator that way... Does it still happen when CP is not running?

Not sure, as the keyboard commands don't work for views without CP.  I may have deleted them in order to not interfere with other things.  CTRL-SHFT-F5 works from the Locked Spot View while CP is running.  Honestly, I never fly without CP because I don't want to bother.  to much stuff happening to fast while flying.  I need instant views.

The random switch clicks happens when running the sim in windowed mode (haven't tried full screen) and I click out of the sim to another program.  The random view switches just occur whenever.  I really haven't been able to pin down what makes each one happen.

I wonder if there's something in Windows itself or a G-Card setting somewhere that causes this?  It almost seems like maybe when I'm clicking something in another program if it 'punched through" to the sim, as weird as that sounds.

Thanks for the reply.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

hi, i have had the exact same issue for a while now and have never been able to solve it i do not have cinematic running either, also checked all my view settings in sim, and nothing there suggests any kind of conflict. when in cruise with any aircraft it just keeps randomly alternating between vc and outside views without any input. i have also at times disabled experimental option but no joy, the only other explanation i can think of may be that the original settings for cinematic mode may have  been turned on, and stored in the cloud which as far as i am aware i cannot access. therefore should i reinstall chaseplane the same settings will just return, i would be grateful for any help on this

regards, graeme crawford

regards, graeme crawford

17 minutes ago, graeme1 said:

hi, i have had the exact same issue for a while now and have never been able to solve it i do not have cinematic running either, also checked all my view settings in sim, and nothing there suggests any kind of conflict. when in cruise with any aircraft it just keeps randomly alternating between vc and outside views without any input. i have also at times disabled experimental option but no joy, the only other explanation i can think of may be that the original settings for cinematic mode may have  been turned on, and stored in the cloud which as far as i am aware i cannot access. therefore should i reinstall chaseplane the same settings will just return, i would be grateful for any help on this

regards, graeme crawford

Have you made sure you don't have Hot Corners active in the Aircraft section?

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42