Sign in to follow this  
Stephen Simpson

MS sidewinder percussion 2 driver

Windows has somehow managed to lose the driver for my sidewinder. I can't seem to locate the driver anywhere. If there a solution to this or could someone send me the relevant files.

It happened before and Windows seemed to sort it but I'm scheduled to do a flight later and can't at the moment.

Thanks in advance

Stephen Simpson

Systems: Flight System: AMDRyzen7 7800X3D, 32GB DDR, RTX4090,Windows 11.

Utilities System: I7 8700K 4.8Ghz,32GB 3000 DDR4 RAM,1x1TB SSD,Geforce GTX1080ti 11GB,Windows 11.

I don't know what a percussion 2 is, but a sidewinder is a joystick I think. You should be able to just reboot your machine and W10 will recognize your joystick and install the correct driver.

Gigabyte P67A-UD3-B3 | Intel i-7700k  4.5 Ghz | RTX 3060 | 32GB OCZ DDR3, 1330 | 35" Curved Samsung monitor. | Windows 10 Home Pro Edition Premium | Samsung 1TB SSD | Samsung 1TB SSD |  UTLive/ P3DV5.3/ SF, AS P3D5.3  MSFS 2020.

Should be precission. That's what I thought but it's not recognising it.

Stephen Simpson

Utilities System: I7 8700K 4.8Ghz,32GB 3000 DDR4 RAM,1x1TB SSD,Geforce GTX1080ti 11GB,Windows 11.

As far as I know the Microsoft Sidewinder 2 doesn't need drivers or else it just uses a generic joystick driver already in windows. Try plugging it into a different USB port and restarting your system

Sorted. Unplugged computer for 5 minutes. Plugged back in and windows recognised sidewinder

Stephen Simpson

Sounds like the well known Earthing issue. I had a Precision Pro 2 for many years and it would regularly drop out because of a bad Earth, the fix is to unplug it and touch the metal baseplate on something Earthed, for example the copper pipe in to a radiator or the bare metal bleed valve at the top of the radiator.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg