Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
metzgergva

With Everts Air into Ancorage

Recommended Posts

Enjoyed watching this, better approach than mine are, but not surprising from one of the developers!! :-)

Just bought the P3D V4 of PANC a few days ago and enjoying it!


Gary Patterson

 

Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad you like it! PANC with the DC-6 is just a great combination.


Happy flying!
Alexander M. Metzger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice film of a nice vintage aircraft... Thx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice!

Am thrashing out some hardware issues at the moment, but once that's done, PANC is on my shortlist.



Alan Ampolsk

"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!"
-- Saint-Exupery

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, metzgergva said:

Glad you like it! PANC with the DC-6 is just a great combination.

Hi Alex, I posted this in the AS forum but knowing you are a beta I'll pass along that the DME locations are wrong for all three ILS.  Actual locations are collocated with localizer transmitters adjacent to the localizer antennas.  DME errors on approach will exceed 1 nm.  The developers can access the free FAA NASD data on the FAA website here: https://www.faa.gov/air_traffic/flight_info/aeronav/aero_data/


Dan Downs KCRP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update:  As I started to correct the navaid placement in an AFCAD I found that you guys didn't extend the runway!!?? What!

Runway 07R/25L has been 12,400 feet for a couple of years now, at least. This scenery still has the old 10,885 ft runway. The extension is west beyond the existing 07R threshold. This too is available at the FAA website, on all charts and even google earth.  This is a disappointment.


Dan Downs KCRP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Alex, I have watched your video a few times and have been trying to wean myself off the AFE and using the power settings from the charts. Just made a lovely flight from Anchorage to Yakutat, flew using victor airways on VLOC all the way and then made a GPS approach into PAYA runway 11 but flew it manually. Made a good landing and speeds were good, was pretty pleased with myself! Have 50+ hours in the DC-6 now and watching your video has helped me with my landings, quite happy if you make some more! Out of interest, what was was the gross weight on that video, did the aeroplane have no payload? I love the DC-6. Back on topic, I am enjoying the PANC scenery, and I hope they sort out the problems Dan has highlighted, and then I hope ORBX make a region for the rest of Alaska :-)


Gary Patterson

 

Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gary-

In these days, filled with Children of the Magenta, reading about raw data work warms my heart.  Start cross checking position with triangulation, pretend your GPS is US and work yourself into a lather at 12,000'.  Then fly into PAYA on the 17 DME arc at minimums, and you will develop an appreciation for the transport drivers of the 50s.... My 744 will always be my first love, but time in the DC-6 and J-41 is making me a better pilot.  Glad to hear there are a few others that occasionally forgo Milk of Magenta!

Best- C 


Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, gazpatt said:

Hi Alex, I have watched your video a few times and have been trying to wean myself off the AFE and using the power settings from the charts. Just made a lovely flight from Anchorage to Yakutat, flew using victor airways on VLOC all the way and then made a GPS approach into PAYA runway 11 but flew it manually. Made a good landing and speeds were good, was pretty pleased with myself! Have 50+ hours in the DC-6 now and watching your video has helped me with my landings, quite happy if you make some more! Out of interest, what was was the gross weight on that video, did the aeroplane have no payload? I love the DC-6. Back on topic, I am enjoying the PANC scenery, and I hope they sort out the problems Dan has highlighted, and then I hope ORBX make a region for the rest of Alaska :-)

Sorry I do not remember the gross weight on that flight. Typically I load them about 75% of pax or cargo and calculate fuel for the distance with 2000 lbs/hr flight time plus minimum 1 hr extra plus any extra to go to the alternate.


Happy flying!
Alexander M. Metzger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/01/2018 at 0:53 PM, lasnubes said:

Gary-

In these days, filled with Children of the Magenta, reading about raw data work warms my heart.  Start cross checking position with triangulation, pretend your GPS is US and work yourself into a lather at 12,000'.  Then fly into PAYA on the 17 DME arc at minimums, and you will develop an appreciation for the transport drivers of the 50s.... My 744 will always be my first love, but time in the DC-6 and J-41 is making me a better pilot.  Glad to hear there are a few others that occasionally forgo Milk of Magenta!

Best- C 

Thanks Carl, I am going to try that DME arc approach into PAYA, not sure how smooth the arc will be though! I am doing most of my flights without the GPS now and really enjoying it!

 

On 22/01/2018 at 7:36 PM, metzgergva said:

Sorry I do not remember the gross weight on that flight. Typically I load them about 75% of pax or cargo and calculate fuel for the distance with 2000 lbs/hr flight time plus minimum 1 hr extra plus any extra to go to the alternate.

Thanks for the information Alex.

The 1.10 patch for Anchorage is available now with the extended runway and hopefully has sorted Dan's other concerns too. Just downloading now..


Gary Patterson

 

Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, gazpatt said:

Thanks Carl, I am going to try that DME arc approach into PAYA, not sure how smooth the arc will be though! I am doing most of my flights without the GPS now and really enjoying it!

Use the RMI for while in the arc the station should be off your wing tip.  As you progress along the arc the RMI will get behind the wingtip so you add more turn towards station to bring the needle in front of the wing tip and so it goes until the lead radial where you turn to final course inbound.  Very easy using the RMI.


Dan Downs KCRP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PANC is getting better (with the latest update), there's still a bit of work to be done.... still, altogether usable and indispensable for flying toasters to the far reaches of the Orient... good for everything PMDG from the DC-6 to...

3Dqlgst.jpg

o1sQ93R.jpg

Here we are just approaching ZIREN for the RNAV 33... Thought it best I fly this airframe for a bit, what with RSR dropping cagey hints about forthcoming fleet expansion...

Final...

iOD3dkF.jpg

and reversing...

ONUInlC.jpg

The ramps (cargo aprons particularly) are well done, and this will be a great destination as in RW.  Now, if Aerosoft would release PAFA for v4, we'd be laughing...

C


Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    31%
    $7,835.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...