Sign in to follow this  
Louis8

APU start up

Flying this since it came out i've never had this happen , when i started the APU it stayed on low pressure for a long long time and i couldn't figure out what was going. but then i was in Yellow knife and it was 36 below  active sky next, so i figured this might be the reason cause if it is this is pretty impressive when wont start cause its too cold  

Louis-

I am still learning the nuances of each airframe that currently exists in the fleet, and still discovering the incredible depths of simulation that PMDG has provided.

Enjoy the addiction ;)

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

From FCOM volume 2:

The automatic start sequence begins by moving the APU switch momentarily to
START. This initiates opening of the air inlet door. When the APU inlet door
reaches the full open position the start sequence begins.

I wonder if the APU inlet door was frozen shut and it had to slowly work its way open.

Most excellent.

I don't know, but a friend of mine was part of the team involved in putting this bird together and he told me "you wouldn't believe how in depth there are making this sim " . One time i just could not get up to altitude and trying to reach the set altitude what ever it was "39 or so thousand feet" she was oscillating like it was at coffins corner . So i asked my friend who's captain on one of these and told him about it and he said "well you had too much fuel " and i said "no way"  and he said "yep you must of had too much fuel" low and behold and went back and checked and sure enough that's what it was i screwed up putting in the fuel and didn't check .