Sign in to follow this  
ckyliu

BVAI P3Dv4 freeware AI model package

Part of VATSIM (Boston Virtual ARTCC) has been working on a P3Dv4 compatible AI model package with full vPilot compatibility, release due soon. Details and photos at http://forums.bvartcc.com/index.php?topic=14258.0

As many BVA members know, Boston Virtual ARTCC has been proud to offer the community an integrated and easy-to-install set of models that are used to depict the other aircraft you see while flying online.

Clearly, the aircraft, scenery, ATC, and all the other awesome stuff about VATSIM is enhanced even further with realistic aircraft depiction. When you are flying, nothing is worse than seeing a default FSX A321 in place of what should be a British Airways 747. Where’s the immersion in that? Although numerous freeware AI packages have become available to the public, most are complicated to install, or are limited in the models they support. There has also not been a model matching package we are aware of that has models supported by Prepar3D v4. Until now.

Boston Virtual ARTCC is proud to announce BVAI, a new, free model matching solution that supports FSX, Prepar3D v4, and other Microsoft-based simulation platforms. The package will be available for free.

BVAI is a complete AI package featuring your favorite aircraft and airlines for VATSIM. Those invisible AI aircraft you see flying around within your simulator are a thing of the past. In addition to providing the AI, we have also developed a model matching ruleset that uses the three letter callsign and aircraft type to model match, instead of matching a specific airline to a specific livery. This method is exactly what vPilot was designed to do, and produces the best results within your sim when connected to Vatsim. With BVAI, you can expect:

• 30+ aircraft models and 5,000+ aircraft liveries from all over the world
  • A top of the line model matching system.
  • An installer that will ensure your BVAI is installed correctly depending on your simulator, with a manual installation option for people who prefer control over their setup.
  • Regional airline support that model matches based on callsign and flight number.
  • A responsive support system.
  • A feedback system that allows for livery requests.
  • Frequent updates. This is will not be a ‘one and done’ project. As Flight Sim AI continues to improve and evolve, we will provide updates and hotfixes.

Why BVAI? Our goal from the beginning was to make a freeware AI package that has working aircraft for FSX and P3D v4, and is supported by the creators of freeware modelers and repainters. Nowadays there are different resources to make your own AI package. We have done the leg work to ensure that every single aircraft type will be depicted in your sim, regardless if you are using FSX or P3D v4.

So where do we stand now? We are almost ready for release. Last night, we sent a close-to-final beta version BVAI to our testers with overwhelming success. We are developing the installer, and running through the last stages of testing before we release.

We are grateful that the AI community has been very supportive of this effort. We’ve been reaching out to modelers and painters to get permission and approval to use their files in this package. With just one exception, everyone has been willing to allow us to use their freeware work in this project, resulting in such an all-encompassing package.

As a final note, we would like to stress the freeware aspect of this package. Currently freeware AI aircraft are scattered around the internet for download. The individuals that have created and painted these aircraft have been more than generous to allow us to use them within BVAI. We have worked extremely hard to compile everything into one easy to install package that works with Vpilot and Vatsim. We recognize the importance of a package such as this as it is an aspect of flight sim that is missing. We do realize there has been quite a bit of hype and questions around this product since it was previewed. Hopefully this answers your questions. It has been quite the journey making this package, and we can’t wait for it to go live!

Details and photos at http://forums.bvartcc.com/index.php?topic=14258.0

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Hope it will be killed again as other so-called freeware AI-packages where permission of authors haven't been provided. 

1 minute ago, G-YMML1 said:

Hope it will be killed again as other so-called freeware AI-packages where permission of authors haven't been provided. 

What do you mean? you don;t want this to be released? it is an amazing freeware and contribution to the FS community.

S.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

If this comes true, this would be a huge gift to the simmers community. As it's done within VATSIM, I am pretty sure permission has been given where models or liveries have be reused.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

9 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

If you had cared to read the announcement it clearly states that permissions from modelers and painters have been sought and obtained!

• Upvote 2

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

If the permissions were actually received, I'm truly sorry then.

@G-YMML1 you may want to reread my original post...

1 hour ago, ckyliu said:

We’ve been reaching out to modelers and painters to get permission and approval to use their files in this package. With just one exception, everyone has been willing to allow us to use their freeware work...

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

34 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

If the permissions were actually received, I'm truly sorry then.

I don't understand what are you coming from, why it is this a bad thing on your views?

S.

I guess he's talking about the AI-Packages like S-k-y-AI, *S*P*A*I* etc. which used ripped freeware models and liverys without permission of the origin authors.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

I’m looking forward to the release. VATSIM has been needing its own version of MTL for years. I like the fact that it will be maintained and updated periodically. Only thing this program will not fix is pilots using incorrect aircraft codes when flying online such as; 747-400 Freighter is 744 and not 74F. 

Now if VATSIM would just hurry up and fix the audio :) 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Can I use it with UTLive then so that I have more models and  liveries integrated in UTLive and less Daedelus Aircraft?

I wonder which one was the exception? Probably a case of "unable to contact", rather than "no, you can't". At least, I hope that's the case.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

23 minutes ago, Bloody said:

Can I use it with UTLive then so that I have more models and  liveries integrated in UTLive and less Daedelus Aircraft?

That's the question which occured to me quickly, too. In any case we should be able to use them with PSXSeecontraffic/Live Traffic which allows arbitrary external AI packages to be included, as far as I understand.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

45 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I wonder which one was the exception? Probably a case of "unable to contact", rather than "no, you can't". At least, I hope that's the case.

Well there is an interesting topic now happening at AIG regarding this...

S.

Looks great! Looking forward to the release and add it to my UTLive!

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg