Sign in to follow this  
ckyliu

BVAI P3Dv4 freeware AI model package

2 hours ago, somiller said:

Only thing I have not done is to convert any FS8/9 models to FSX/P3D, as doing such is not for the faint-of-heart. I did a test conversion with AIFP on the ERJ-145...it converted, but while the flap animation seemed to work, the gear animation did not. I don't know anything about converting models, but the little I've read seems to indicate it can be a time consuming process.

Kind Regards,

I aplaude your initiative, however the issue that Evan, Matthew and his team are facing is that they cannot perform any changes to any of the AI Base Models without writing consent of the original developers.

So although it looks and sound easy to corrects certain things, there is a lot of work behind it in order to get the required permission to distribute these corrections to the entire user base.

Best Regards,
S.

Simbol,

I understand completely, as Evan had indicated they were waiting on approval from the model developers to make modifications. I also understand it is not easy to make model changes, as I've done some reading about it and I doubt I would bother to try it myself. As it is, I get AI traffic with correct livery match at 60% to 80%, and it's 1000% better than stock AI - AND FREE!

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

8 hours ago, somiller said:

Pete,

Mind sharing with us what you used to compress the textures? My BVAI directory is 9.25 GB, so a 2 GB savings would be really nice!

Kind Regards,

Morning. 

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/12801/

When you run the program there's setting 2 up from the bottom <1024 if my memory serves me right. 

That will not only compress the DDS files but will resize everything bigger than than 1024 or whatever it is down to a smaller size.  There's alot of 4096 textures in the package you get 20 of them in somewhere like la, London, you could be asking for trouble. 

Youll find the aerosoft rip and run botch jobs v4 installers still have unoptimised textures on them too you can use this to compress them too. 

Theres also a setting where it will create a directory to back up the files it compressed if you need them if something goes wrong. 

Finally it will take 5 to 10 mins to scan and compress all the dds files. 

Edited by tooting
  • Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

It would be nice to have a tool to recognize, exclude or delete models which are not P3Dv4 compatible. Is this possible? Best would be that those models are not copied to the HDD/SSD at all.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

9 minutes ago, Nemo said:

It would be nice to have a tool to recognize, exclude or delete models which are not P3Dv4 compatible. Is this possible?

** Boarding call for @simbol Gate V4 **

:ha:

8 minutes ago, ErichB said:

:ha::ha::ha:

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

1 hour ago, ErichB said:

I will add this as a feature of the upcoming AI Lights Reborn Profesional Edition :wink.

Regards,
Simbol

• Like 1

Lorby has a good tool for that. It generates a list thumbnails, and it can also - along with a number of other details - state the model version used (MDL8, MDLX, PV20 etc. etc.).

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

Hey all, just a quick note that i started doing what Vincent pioneered (?) a few pages ago, except that besides United I've been going into all kinds of airlines and substituting, or adding anew, aircraft. I have to say, BVAI is a wonderfully comprehensive package! it includes a wide variety of models and repaints, much more than I had ever thought it would. Of course all major airlines are there, but also many smaller or less obvious ones, such as Ural Airlines. Best part is that it includes all manner of cargo airlines, which UTLive never had. I now have important cargo operator such as Kalitta and Cargolux as well as some others finally flying around.

Finally, I'm a little shocked by the amount of "Default" (Daedalus?) models assigned... Every other airline/model combo I come upon has one of these assigned, making BVAI, in my eyes, the first stop to substitute these Default things.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

how does this play with super traffic board. If I run the STB compile airports it looks for traffic files of which there are none in the BVAI package (I Think). It seems to work fine in ultimate traffic live because they have traffic files. Also where do you put the BVAI files? does it go to the P3D V4 folder or the simobjects file.

On ‎10‎.‎04‎.‎2018 at 9:34 PM, d.tsakiris said:

Lorby has a good tool for that. It generates a list thumbnails, and it can also - along with a number of other details - state the model version used (MDL8, MDLX, PV20 etc. etc.).

AiAircraftTweaker tells you about the model too - and you can disable unwanted aircraft models with it. The tool is freeware too.

Btw, the equally free LorbyLiveTraffic can make use of the BVAI package too. In the latest version you can set it to make the real world traffic (pulled from the ADS-B sites) fly with flight plans instead of just moving the 3D models around. This has the benefit that they interact with ATC and with each other, just like any AI would. Downside is, that traffic density is low, especially when using the free ADS-B datasources. And the aircraft won't fly the exact routes and at the exact real world times. They will rather fly the generic "Direct GPS" and use the active runway that the simulator has, and they will depart/arrive when the simulator lets them. 

I probably shouldn't say this but I rather enjoy that feature myself - low traffic density makes for good performance, and the flights plus ATC chatter are still accurate enough so you will find most of the flights on FlightRadar24.

Please note that (in Europe) there are quite a few models missing from the BVAI database, most notably the smaller airliners, like the Lufthansa CRJs or Embraers.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

39 minutes ago, buick552 said:

How about helicopters? 

While P3D v4.2 supports AI helicopter models following waypoint lists injected with SimConnect, they can't follow a flightplan yet. So you can make helicopters fly around with a SimConnect client, but you can't make them follow a BGL based schedule like the AI airplanes do.

Maybe a future P3D version will have that option.

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6310&t=128457

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Hi everyone

Ok  ... so if I am not using either Vatsim or Ivao what other programs do I actually need to download and install to take advantage of the free BVAI AI package in Prepar3D v4.2?

Thank you

Paul 

10 hours ago, buick552 said:

How about helicopters? 

BVAI supports the depiction of helicopters on VATSIM. If someone else is flying a helicopter, and enters their type code properly at the time of connection, you'll see them as a helicopter.