Sign in to follow this  
diajohn

Captain Sim 757-200

Anyone having issues when loading the aircraft up your landing gear is missing?

JetLine Systems Gravity GT2-Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit), NZXT H500 Mid-Tower, Black, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 PRO WIFI, LGA 1151, Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900K (5.0GHz Turbo) 8 Core / 16 Thread, Corsair Hydro H60 120mm Liquid Cooling, 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz RGB, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, GDDR6, 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 5.1 Channel Realtek Integrated HD Audio, Primary SSD Drive:1TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD), Secondary SSD Drive:2TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD) 4TB WD Black 7200 RPM Mechanical , SimOn Solutions 737 Professional Compact Trainer (MIP, OH). CFY 737 Max Motorized TQ Gold V3, MSFS2020, ProSim 737. 45" Samsung 4K TV.

I've been flying it for a few weeks now and I must say I love it. A little learning curve with the FMC as I'd not used that one before but overall I am pleased. The graphics detail is excellent and the a/c handles very well. I am aware of the several reported bugs but pleased that they have been acknowledged by CS and are being worked on for next hotfix.

IMHO, this is all one can ask for. I have not seen  a COMPLETELY clean release by anyone for a very long time so as releases go, this one is a good one.

Vic

• Upvote 4

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Has anyone tried it out with hotfix 2 installed?

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

yes and am still very happy.

Vic

• Upvote 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Are there many liveries that come with the plane?  I understand a freighter model is still in the works?

I've been using it since it released and loving it so far. Though with the last 2 hotfixes, the plane loads almost ready to fly, you need to start the engines, you didn't have to do that in the original release. Am I the only one noticing? I tried to get some answers over at the captain sim forum but got nothing. Not a huge deal but sometimes I prefer to load the flight plan and go instead of running through engine startup. 

4 hours ago, kenthom said:

Are there many liveries that come with the plane?  I understand a freighter model is still in the works?

Yes there are a lot of liveries available for download.  Any particular one you're interested in?

3 hours ago, MrGarak said:

I've been using it since it released and loving it so far. Though with the last 2 hotfixes, the plane loads almost ready to fly, you need to start the engines, you didn't have to do that in the original release. Am I the only one noticing? I tried to get some answers over at the captain sim forum but got nothing. Not a huge deal but sometimes I prefer to load the flight plan and go instead of running through engine startup. 

I noticed that too.  Odd since the engine shut off switches were on (meaning fuel should have been flowing).

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

19 hours ago, MrGarak said:

I think you will have the option in v1.1.  Make sure the APU is running and you have turned off the IRS Panel and turned the 3 switches to Off until the APU starts.  You will have a hard time programming the FMC if you do not go through this first.  It is easy to start up in this configuration (just in case others need to know):

• Turn off engine shut off valves (I just checked and you can keep them on too - either way)
  • Turn APU switch in upper panel to Start
  • Turn on APU bleed and the isolation valve on the upper panel below the Packs.
  • Once APU shows 'Run' go the IRS panel and switch off the 3 switches then turn them on to the NAV position
  • Load the flight plan in the FMC (optional)
  • Start the left engine by first turning off the Left Pack, then to Engine Start (Center Upper Panel) and turn the left switch to GND
  • Go to the EFIS panel and watch the engine start.  Once the figures get to about 20, switch on the left engine fuel valve (if you turned off the engine shutoff valves in step 1 above)
  • Once started, go to the left pack switch and turn it back on to Auto.
  • Go to the Right Pack and switch off, then over to Engine Start (Center Upper Panel) and turn the right switch to GND
  • Go to EFIS panel and watch the engine start.  Once the figures get to about 20, switch on the right engine fuel valve (if you turned off the engine shutoff valves in step 1 above)
  • Once started, go to the right pack switch and turn it back on to Auto.
  • Turn off APU and then APU bleed and isolation valve.
  • Make sure no warnings on EFIS Panel like Window heat.

IMHO they really did an excellent job describing the Engine Start.

20 hours ago, kenthom said:

Are there many liveries that come with the plane?

The first manual that comes with the aircraft shows there are 73 liveries currently available.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I love the CS 757-200 especially after Hot Fix 2. Just waiting for panel states now!

Can anyone else confirm, but I find the AC Reg in the VC a little pixelated or less resolution? Is there a way or setting to increase the detail of the VC?

I'm still hanging my nose over buying this.

I watched Matt stream it and he how feels it's good, since he likes to break stuff. The only thing it seemed not to do was follow LNAV on STAR.

Also how do you start a flight with it C&D? I would prefer a "on ground power" state but just what state is it in by default. 

My default P3D scenario is of a aircraft with everything turned OFF, will this get the 757 in a cold and dark state on load?

Also I have seen the VC it in a "normal" brown ugly colour and ones were it looks much lighter and really nice are these options or specific to lieverys?

Last question, does it have any pop up/out panels?    

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

28 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

I'm still hanging my nose over buying this.

I watched Matt stream it and he how feels it's good, since he likes to break stuff. The only thing it seemed not to do was follow LNAV on STAR.

Also how do you start a flight with it C&D? I would prefer a "on ground power" state but just what state is it in by default. 

My default P3D scenario is of a aircraft with everything turned OFF, will this get the 757 in a cold and dark state on load?

Also I have seen the VC it in a "normal" brown ugly colour and ones were it looks much lighter and really nice are these options or specific to lieverys?

Last question, does it have any pop up/out panels?    

I haven' had too many issues with LNAV. VNAV can be troublesome. I think the FMS is genrally buggy, or at least it doesn't behave like the Flight Factor 757 (or the PMDG 737, but different  plane of course). If you need to change a STAR for example, it doesn't delete you existin ine and just appends the new one to the flightplan. So you have to 'grab' the first waypoint and place it higher up the legs list where it should be as you would for a discontinuity (hope that makes sense, lol).

There's a comprehensive tutorial that covers a C&D startup. By default it's not C&D and you can be ready with about a dozen mouse clicks (see Jim's post above).

As for VC colour. Well it is brown! But some PTA presets can radically alter the VC colour unless you turn HDR off in sim.

Most, if not all, panels pop out.

I did a long haul flight on Monday. EINN-KBOS. Things went fine for 99% of the flight. But the landing was weird. It was like I was at minimums then suddenly the plane was on the runway. That hadn't happened before, or since.

The official forums are quite lively right now.

I'd rate it second to the Flight Factor 757 right now because of quirks/bugs. But it is more than useable and I'm sure it will be improved with further patches (they have already added fuel & payload into the FMS with hotfix 2 and that makes life alot easier.

• Upvote 1

Thank you Matt.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I did a long haul flight on Monday. EINN-KBOS. Things went fine for 99% of the flight. But the landing was weird. It was like I was at minimums then suddenly the plane was on the runway. That hadn't happened before, or since.

That is an interesting comment. Was it like the runway "jumped up to meet you" as you were about to flare? I experienced exactly the same thing last night.....in the PMDG 737-600 NGX, and I have noted it before (in the 737, and also the PMDG 747-400 v3). This is in P3D v3.3.5.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

13 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

That is an interesting comment. Was it like the runway "jumped up to meet you" as you were about to flare? I experienced exactly the same thing last night.....in the PMDG 737-600 NGX, and I have noted it before (in the 737, and also the PMDG 747-400 v3). This is in P3D v3.3.5.

Yes! Just like you described. I've never encountered it before, either in the PMDG 737, or the Majestic Dash8 (the only other aircraft I have). I'm on P3D 4.1.