Sign in to follow this  
diajohn

Captain Sim 757-200

Same for me - 330kts at and below 10k.

Also, FMC doesnt look at MCP ALT settings at all during climb. It is clmbing up to FMC cruising ALT regadless the MCP.

On 6/20/2018 at 5:58 AM, sfgiants13 said:

I did another flight into KBZN tonight.  It blew right through the 10k at 240 restriction in the fmc.  I got some seriously weird behavior once I tried to put it into heading mode.  It was bouncing around like there were thunderstorms for no reason and it was still at 330 knots even several hundred feet below 10k.  Is anyone having issues with vnav on descent still?  I'll likely have to switch it to V/S mode and control it manually once I get close to 10k.  Either that or override the speed.

Sigh. I haven't had time so far to check it out myself after the 1.1 update and the latest hotfix. I really like how CS are responding to reports of bugs and requests of new features by releasing so many hotfixes and updates in quick succession. However, you'd think at least VNAV would stop blowing speed restrictions by now...

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

I just did my first test flight after the 1.1 update and HF3. While I thoroughly enjoyed the plane, some issues came up:

- Got an insufficient fuel warning twice even though the FMC showed 7.1 lbs of fuel at arrival airport
- What's with the stab trim? I noticed this before the update already. On every takeoff the plane is out of trim even though I've set up the FMC correctly and set the stab trim to the exact value calculated by the FMC
- though VNAV worked fine, on descent when I switched to FLCH the plane went into a dive. Activating V/S and then back to FLCH all was fine.
- on touchdown I got an A/P caution warning and G/S on the FMA was crossed out, not sure why
- ... sim freezed and subsequently crashed on rollout. I got a new yoke but I doubt it's the yoke.

Still a very nice plane, though a bit heavy on performance.

Edited by threegreen

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

VNAV climb works fine, but descent needs some serious work.  On descent the plane keeps speeding up well past cruise speed and eventually overspeeds even with me setting the speed manually.  Looks like I'll have to use one of the other modes until this is fixed.  The landing gear also randomly dropped and I got a gear disagree warning for the rest of the flight, although I'll just assume that I hit something to trigger it.  

Edited by sfgiants13

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

It was working well with the 1.1 update but then everyone got all excited about the aircraft shaking on the ground and Hotfix 3 was released and now all is lost, totally lost.  The aircraft is no longer flyable.  In my case, takeoff and climb are okay but, at TOD, the fmc flashes and the FMC shows momentarily the altitude for the next waypoint then flashes back to the cruising altitude (FL240) and the FMC shows FL240 must be maintained until just before landing.  It then flashes again and tries to descend to FL100 but then flashes back, almost instantly, to FL240.  Hotfix 3 totally demolished the entertainment and enjoyment of this product.  I am going to have to uninstall and reinstall to v1.1.  I do not recommend anyone install Hotfix 3.  Enjoy the shaking on the ground so that others can enjoy takeoff and landing (perfect landings I might add!).

5 hours ago, threegreen said:

What's with the stab trim? I noticed this before the update already. On every takeoff the plane is out of trim even though I've set up the FMC correctly and set the stab trim to the exact value calculated by the FMC

This is by design.  They want to make sure everyone reads the manual (just joking).  Before takeoff, make sure you click on the stability lever and push it up until the stability gauge shows it is in the green.  Or you can continue to get the warnings until takeoff.

Just tried uninstalling HF3 and it uninstalled everything.  Not a problem.  I'll just reinstalled to v1.1.  I'm going to see if my issue is posted in their forums after I post this. 

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I put my stab lever in green range according to TO CG trim. Still the aircraft is unstable on take off. Keeping it on Flight Director bar requires very dynamic movements on yoke.

• Upvote 1

On 6/25/2018 at 1:33 AM, Jim Young said:

It was working well with the 1.1 update but then everyone got all excited about the aircraft shaking on the ground and Hotfix 3 was released and now all is lost, totally lost.  The aircraft is no longer flyable.  In my case, takeoff and climb are okay but, at TOD, the fmc flashes and the FMC shows momentarily the altitude for the next waypoint then flashes back to the cruising altitude (FL240) and the FMC shows FL240 must be maintained until just before landing.  It then flashes again and tries to descend to FL100 but then flashes back, almost instantly, to FL240.  Hotfix 3 totally demolished the entertainment and enjoyment of this product.  I am going to have to uninstall and reinstall to v1.1.  I do not recommend anyone install Hotfix 3.  Enjoy the shaking on the ground so that others can enjoy takeoff and landing (perfect landings I might add!).

This is by design.  They want to make sure everyone reads the manual (just joking).  Before takeoff, make sure you click on the stability lever and push it up until the stability gauge shows it is in the green.  Or you can continue to get the warnings until takeoff.

Just tried uninstalling HF3 and it uninstalled everything.  Not a problem.  I'll just reinstalled to v1.1.  I'm going to see if my issue is posted in their forums after I post this. 

I'm not getting any warnings and it's in the green area, matching the exact value calculated by the FMC. This is definitely a bug.

16 minutes ago, threegreen said:

I'm not getting any warnings and it's in the green area, matching the exact value calculated by the FMC. This is definitely a bug.

Not sure if I understand your post.  You should not be getting any warnings with the stabilizer in the green.  No matter what CG you placed in the config, the stabilizer must still be moved from the white area to the green area next to the speed brake otherwise, you'll receive a warning at takeoff.

I uninstalled v1.1 and reinstalled and my first flight from KLAX to KSFO went without any issues and the aircraft landed perfectly on Runway 28L at KSFO.  FMC did not flash and go to different flight levels at the TOD as I indicated in my previous post.  However, tried the same flight again and the issue came back at the TOD as I indicated above in my previous post.  I installed HF3 and the issue still occurs at TOD.  I saved the flight at the TOD and CS support is working on the problem.  I'm going to try another flight plan as I have always used my KLAXKSFO flightplan.  Maybe a problem with the flightplan as the sim use to work perfectly for me in the past.  It was fun to fly but right now it is no longer fun (other than to test and find out what went wrong). 

I looked at the CS Forums and did not see similar issues from others.

Hope you get the bug you found fixed.  I do not see any problems w/the CG and stabilizer settings.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

He's saying that he can move the stabilizer from the white area to the green area (which the value shown by the FMC should be within) but yet even after doing this the plane is very unstable at takeoff and requires a lot of movement on the yoke and/or retrimming in the air.

I have this problem as well. At first I thought it was just me but after a few flights I'm convinced it's the plane. From my understanding the trimming for takeoff CG should require some inward pressure on the yoke once you have taken off. But the plane seems to want to lose altitude without any user input which results in more intervention than usual to prevent from crashing.

Edited by JasonPC
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JasonPC said:

He's saying that he can move the stabilizer from the white area to the green area (which the value shown by the FMC should be within) but yet even after doing this the plane is very unstable at takeoff and requires a lot of movement on the yoke and/or retrimming in the air.

I do not think that stabilizer is accurately modeled.  The fact you get a warning if you do not move the stabilizer into the green area is to let you know in the real world, it is there.  You can still takeoff and the warnings will go away after takeoff.   Plus, in the real world, when you enter the CG in the FMC, it should accurately setup the trim.  Now, it is my theory that the aircraft does not know the weather at takeoff.  It just knows fuel, passengers and cargo weights.  The PMDG products will try to accurately manage the takeoff depending on the weather but their products are more expensive.  Perhaps the CS757 should try to simulate that.  So far, every takeoff I have had, has resulted in the front landing gear holding the center line all the way down to takeoff with my hands off the yoke.  No matter the weather.  I'm looking in the manuals and do not see much discussion regarding trims, CG's, and stabilizers.  But then I have not done any in-depth research.  There are five manuals....

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

Hotfix 4 is out.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

Based on the changes log it doesnt do anything to VNAV nor trim.

On 6/28/2018 at 3:36 AM, Jim Young said:

I do not think that stabilizer is accurately modeled.  The fact you get a warning if you do not move the stabilizer into the green area is to let you know in the real world, it is there.  You can still takeoff and the warnings will go away after takeoff.   Plus, in the real world, when you enter the CG in the FMC, it should accurately setup the trim.  Now, it is my theory that the aircraft does not know the weather at takeoff.  It just knows fuel, passengers and cargo weights.  The PMDG products will try to accurately manage the takeoff depending on the weather but their products are more expensive.  Perhaps the CS757 should try to simulate that.  So far, every takeoff I have had, has resulted in the front landing gear holding the center line all the way down to takeoff with my hands off the yoke.  No matter the weather.  I'm looking in the manuals and do not see much discussion regarding trims, CG's, and stabilizers.  But then I have not done any in-depth research.  There are five manuals....

Best regards,

Jim

It's either a wrong stab trim value calculated by the FMC or, like you say, there's something not right with the stabilizer and/or the trim. It's very strange though that you do not experience this bug. There were some other bugs before the updates as well that occurred to some people but not to all.