Sign in to follow this  
Guest RotorRick

Recorder Module: New versions released

Hi all,version 1.05 (final) and version 1.2 beta are now available for download at [a href=http://www.neusinger.net/recorder]www.neusinger.net/recorder[/a]Changes in version 1.2 beta:- play as traffic feature: plays back a recorded flight using a separate (AI) aircraft instead of the user aircraft- advanced tower and spot views: allows you to create multiple tower and spot views with advanced features like free panning, autozoom, etc.- option to adjust sim rate with playback speed- increasing sim rate during recording will no longer result in too fast playback- optional recording/playback message is now displayed in the lower right corner (instead of the green bar on top)Due to the large number of changes in the code there might well be a number of bugs or unexpected side effects I didn't notice. Please give me some feedback how it works.Version 1.05 is also available in the file library (recorder_1-05.zip). It is identical to version 1.05 beta 2 (just the "beta" was removed from the version number). If you already downloaded beta 2, there is no real need to download the final version.Regards,Matthias

Guest jprintz

Matthias. Great work again! I've been in love with this module since you first posted it. The new "save tower view" feature is wonderful, something I'd always hoped for in FS.Just to let you know, I have noticed a couple of problems with 1.2 that perhaps others have had? I e-mailed you as well, but thought I'd post the problems here to see if anyone else has noticed the same things (to see if it's my machine only, I suppose).Anyway, here they are:1) I get lockups consistently whenever I hit the "loop playback" button on the playback control panel. 2) The tower views seem to save and hold position, except whenever I check (or is it uncheck? I forget) the box to allow manual view panning, the tower position seems to go all haywire, and moves many miles away. That's it for now. I'll keep investigating. ;-)Please don't take these as complaints, because I'm lovin' your work!

Just a fantastic piece of work. This is my number 1 FS utility.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Have to agree. Matthias, this is some pretty powerful stuff here. You are very creative in your design to allow the simmer to be equally creative.So now I see how you did the AI. Whatever aircraft I have as my plane it will become an AI aircraft for the replay. Nice.No big crashes or anything here but question, in a newly created tower view, should I be able to zoom in or out? I don't think I could.Go get this one guys... good stuff. :9

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

What I like is that you can change your plane whilst in AI mode and the other one wonn't change so for example.1. Select a plane you want as AI replay and then start up a flight and then start that replay running.2. Once replay is running you can change yourself to another plane and you will notice the AI plane is still the one you had originally. I can see people recording air show type scenarios with this one and then doing some interesting videos. Its also great because you now can do some amazing flights through some canyons and then after you have recorded it try and get a friend to see if they are better at piloting than you by following your plane down the canyon or having a race etc. Great utility Thanks

Hi,>No big crashes or anything here but question, in a newly>created tower view, should I be able to zoom in or out? I>don't think I could.Actually the zoom in/out, zoom in/out fine and zoom reset controls should work in the advanced tower and spot views. On my system it works, if it doesn't on yours, please contact me on the support email address, so we can try to find the problem.Best regards,Matthias

Version 1.2 beta 2 is now available for download.Two bugs have been fixed:- when turning on loop during replay, without setting the loop start point before, this often resulted in FS to crash- leaving the 'Edit tower view' dialog resulted in a wrong tower position for all western and southern coordinatesThe following settings have been added to the 'Advanced view settings' dialog:- Max. tower distance: If the distance between aircraft and tower position exceeds this value, the viewpoint will follow the aircraft. This prevents some strange effects, which can occur, if the aircraft is hundreds or thousands of miles away from the tower position.- Max./min. autozoom: Limits the zoom range used in autozoom mode.Some users reported, that sometimes in an advanced view the zoom gets stuck and can't be changed using the plus/minus keys. After pressing the reset zoom key it should work again. I think it happened to myself one or two times, but I couldn't reproduce it. If you observe this problem and have any idea, under what circumstances it happens, please let me know.Regards,Matthias

Guest jprintz

>What I like is that you can change your plane whilst in AI>mode and the other one wonn't change so for example.>>>1. Select a plane you want as AI replay and then start up a>flight and then start that replay running.>>2. Once replay is running you can change yourself to another>plane and you will notice the AI plane is still the one you>had originally. >>>I can see people recording air show type scenarios with this>one and then doing some interesting videos. Its also great>because you now can do some amazing flights through some>canyons and then after you have recorded it try and get a>friend to see if they are better at piloting than you by>following your plane down the canyon or having a race etc. >>Great utility >>ThanksHmmmm... I'm not quite following this, although I haven't realy investigated the "Replay as AI" option yet.Are you saying there's a way to record yourself flying, then make that aircraft an AI aircraft, and then you and your new aircraft can fly, live, with your old plane (now AI) doing what you had just done? (Nice sentence... Hope that makes some sense. Heheh. ;-) Your canyon example seems to suggest that, but I might be mis-reading it. If what I described is somehow possible... well... that's truly ASTOUNDING. Imagine the possibilities. If not possible... it's still one of the best pieces of freeware I've ever downloaded!If what I describes IS what you mean, could you elaborate on the procedure? (And yes, I have RTFM ;-)

Guest jprintz

Nevermind the procedure, I got it!! Holy crap!! That's amazing. I just thought that the "play as traffic" feature allowed you to watch yourself just as in replay, except that your "real" plane didn't use up fuel while replaying and things like that. (Matthias, you might want to clear up the manual a bit and EMPHASIZE what can actually be done with this feature, because I'm no idiot and it wasn't at all clear to me. ;-) Truly amazing. I'm gonna go do my Blue Angels demo now, heheh. The possibilites with this feature are quite incredible.>What I like is that you can change your plane whilst in AI>mode and the other one wonn't change so for example.>>>1. Select a plane you want as AI replay and then start up a>flight and then start that replay running.>>2. Once replay is running you can change yourself to another>plane and you will notice the AI plane is still the one you>had originally. >>>I can see people recording air show type scenarios with this>one and then doing some interesting videos. Its also great>because you now can do some amazing flights through some>canyons and then after you have recorded it try and get a>friend to see if they are better at piloting than you by>following your plane down the canyon or having a race etc. >>Great utility >>Thanks

This release is looking good Matthias. Below's a link to a few screenshots I made after playing with the spot view features. I don't know if it's been reported, but sometimes there's a random sim freeze that last anywhere from 30-60 seconds when switching between the Recorder Spot view and the default MSFS spot view, during which I will see a blue circle at odd locations on the screen. Sorry to say it's so random I can't reproduce it at will. Mine isn't a typical installation since I have Flight1's Spot View module also installed which works with the default MSFS spot view. I will remove the F1 module just to see what that does and whether the issue surfaces again. I thought I'd post these observations in this thread in case anyone has observed the same.Anyway, here's the link, enjoy the screenshots!-Johnhttp://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=233019&page=

Guest RotorRick

Great utility!Just wondering if there will eventually be a version that will also record AI planes' positions for replays too...?

>>Great utility!>>Just wondering if there will eventually be a version that will>also record AI planes' positions for replays too...?I plan to add this in one of the next versions. Will take some weeks, however.Regards,Matthias

>>>I plan to add this in one of the next versions. Will take some>weeks, however.Could we have the choice of whether to use this or not please? ...while I would like to record AI also ...sometimes it is advantageous not to. :-hah

regardsEd

My FS9 Videoshttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/edetroit100/holy.gifAMD Athlon 64 3500+, 1024Mb PC3200 DDR, 300Gb HD 256Mb DDR Nvidia 7800 GTX PCI-E, Audigy 2 ZSCH Products Yoke, Pedals and Throttle Quadrant

>Could we have the choice of whether to use this or not please?>...while I would like to record AI also ...sometimes it is>advantageous not to. :-hahOf course this will be optional. There will be settings to turn on/off AI recording, playback, set the maximum number of recorded aircraft, etc.Regards,Matthias