Sign in to follow this  
Tjader

Screens are black, whats wrong? (solved)

Hi,

I have installed RXP GNS 530W/430W V2 in FSX and after the installation, my screens are now black. I am using a Carenado PC-12. Do I need to configure it, and if so how. I must say that Reality-XP is causing their customers a lot of headache by not explaining for each plane how to configure it. I am using FSX SP2 and Windows 7 Pro.

One image shows one monitor live and one after restarting the monitor to show the startup screen

All help is much appreciated. Thanks, Lars

24841943997_c61f21ac1a_b.jpg

24842367557_69057b0f7e_b.jpg

Hi,

Nevertheless, installing the Reality XP GNS 530/430 V2 for FltSim installs the add-on to your simulator: it is like adding a pile of Garmin devices into your hangar, ready to be mounted in any aircraft when needed. However, this won't automatically mount the devices until you explicitly do so.

I wish the latest advances in AI we read there and there would lead one day to simply say our computers something like: "mount my RXP GNS 530 V2 in my FSX-SP2 Carenado PC12 cockpit" but we are not there yet. 

In the meantime, the best AI is ourselves and with the help of our "Smart", task-oriented in-sim Panel Assistant GUI, it is now easy to do. You might want to tour our "official panel configuration" dissuasion for getting a feeling of what it consists in.

13 minutes ago, Tjader said:

I must say that Reality-XP is causing their customers a lot of headache by not explaining for each plane how to configure it.

As for relieving the pain, you might want to start helping us compiling the complete list of all aircraft available for the 11 simulator versions we are supporting, make sure not to miss any, and we'll see what we can do from then?

Alternatively, you might want to simply lobby you favorite vendors so that they ship their aircraft pre-configured with Reality XP devices. More and more are doing so every day, and they do make a difference to our customers.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

4 minutes ago, DavidP said:

It is also pretty disrespectful to post this in the Screenshots forum, especially without qualification or the mentioning that you came here for support:

I haven't noticed this post, thank you. Let's just assume for now it is just a legitimate forum first use error, despite in general I agree, cross-posting is not really appropriate. These are the only 2 posts Tjader has made at Avsim,

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

I continue to be amazed sometimes at how first posters so easily find diverse forums to post in simultaneously, as well as figure out so quickly how to post images that do not directly link back into their photo repositories.  

Earlier this morning I found a post here on Avsim by a member who has 232 reputations after only 230 posts.....

Hummm! I am not sure I have a plane where the transponder's power state is not controlled by the master avionics switch.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

On 15/01/2018 at 8:50 PM, DavidP said:

It is also pretty disrespectful to post this in the Screenshots forum, especially without qualification or the mentioning that you came here for support:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/528619-missing-reality-xp/#comment-3787144

Hi David,

That was a mistake and I was unable to remove the post. I only wanted to post the images and later changed that to flickr.

I now got the two Garmins up and running and are learning how to operate them. 

Problem solved.

Thanks,

Lars