Sign in to follow this  
zetato

EFIS TERR button on VRI MCP Combo II

Hi all, I'm using LINDA since from the first release, and I'm very happy with it!! I found the program very useful, an solved me a lot of problem in the button assignment to my 3 Leo Bodnar cards and to my VRI MCP COMBO II (Boeing version).

So far yesterday, I had a profile workimg well except for the V/S encoder that seemed to jump and not follow the value indicated on the iFly 737NG MCP (this is the model I usually fly).
Trying to reprogram in LINDA the assigment for the encoder, I was able to found a couple of well working parameter, VVS plus and VVS Minus from FSX Default Rotary Functions library, and I'm satisfied with that.
Now, I don't think is related to that, but the TERR button on the EFIS section, has started to work only after two clicks, in other words, I need to click twice to show the TAWS depiction on ND, and twice to remove it.
In addition to that, I was able to select the TERR function on FO EFIS pressing the button 8 in the RADIO section, button I programmed as " VRI EFIS MODE TOGGLE" prior to press TERR, now, it continue to act only on Captain ND. Note; all the other EFIS buttons and rotary are working perfectly on FO ND if I press the 8 button first.

I'm almost sure is not a LINDA problem, but if I click with mouse on TERR button, it works at the first click. So I'm asking if you (knowing in depth the VRI COMBO interface and program), knows a way to program a button on the VRI MCP COMBO II to send his output only after two clicks, because, maybe I can have inadvertently forced the TERR button to work in that way.

Thanks for the help and sorry for my English.

Mauro

I'm back again to tell you I solved the question!
I don't know why nor when, but I found in FSUIPC "Button + switches" section, the TERR button (named as Joy 286 Button 0) assigned to the offset 9400 with the imput value 1245 (Dec) the "KEY_COMMAND_INSTRUMENT_EFIS_CAPT_TERR"  instruction. This was causing the issue described above, removing the assignment in FSUIPC solved the problem and assigning in LINDA  the correct commands (INSTRUMENT EFIS CAPT / FO TERR), all is working correctly, also on FO side pressing the 8 button.

Thanks anyway, hope this can help some other in similar trouble.

Mauro

6 hours ago, zetato said:

Thanks anyway, hope this can help some other in similar trouble.

will do for sure. Thanks for lettin us know

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just curious, and off topic sorry, but how do you like your VRI MCP? I have been looking at it for a while. I am ok with it not looking 100% like the actual unit and love the increased functionality of it as well asd the price. Thank you.

Nick Hatchel

"Sometimes, flying feels too godlike to be attained by man. Sometimes, the world from above seems too beautiful, too wonderful, too distant for human eyes to see …"
Charles A. Lindbergh, 1953

System: Custom Watercooled--Intel i7-8700k OC: 5.0 Ghz--Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7--EVGA GTX 1080ti Founders Edition--16GB TridentZ RGB DDR4--240GB SSD--460GB SSD--1TB WD Blue HDD--Windows 10--55" Sony XBR55900E TV--GoFlight VantEdge Yoke--MFG Crosswind Pedals--FSXThrottle Quattro Throttle Quadrant--Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS--TrackIR 5--VRInsight MCPii Boeing

Hi Nick, I'm using the MCP COMBO 2 Boeing version with the iFly 737 NG models, and it works very well!

I used to program my personal profile, and using the LINDA provided iFly commands library, I programmed any function of the three sections of the panel, and regard the EFIS, I programmed a special button to double the functions, so I can act on CAPT and F/O side indipendently.

My panel was a gift from a friend, for sure it is not so cheap, but for me and for the models I use, it worth the price for sure.

Mauro