Sign in to follow this  
JKawai

PF3 ATC - anybody else struggle this much? [VIDEO]

15 hours ago, JKawai said:

Everything that I may not have done? Such as what? Give an example of something I may not have done? When handed off, I readback, tuned, and attempted to contact. The software prevented me from doing that half the time then forgot the instructions it had given me. How is "Climbing through FL120 for FL90" perfectly acceptable and something I've done wrong? I have read the entire PF3 manual and your software is not that complicated to use (and nor should it be, it's a consumer Sim product). With any other piece of ATC software, this is never a problem, so why would yours be so roundabout? I know the back-and-forth of instruction and readback. It isn't difficult. That isn't 'understanding ATC', that's understanding that you can't climb through FL120 to FL90 and understanding the order antecedent and consequent go in. I've read the PF3 manual. I used to VATSIM. This is nothing to do with not understanding ATC and if it was, then PF3 has a very bizarre concept of ATC chatter. 

So in real life, you get handed off, tune a new frequency, the frequency miraculously knows you've tuned and then gives you an instruction, THEN you make initial contact? That's how it works in real life, like it did here in PF3? What are you suggesting exactly - I got given a heading, I followed it and then got chastised for not being on the airway - the options given by the software are nothing but 'check-in' - what do you suggest exactly? If you're going to point the finger at the person paying you (I presume you work for PF3), you had better be able to back it up, no?

I posted it here as a resource for other people to see to aid in their decision making when looking for ATC software. When doing my research I read through forums like this to determine where my money was best spent. Unfortunately I have been misguided, and further insult to injury is the culture in the sim community of a total lack of customer service - "it's the customer's fault, not ours". OCS may be a small outfit like most sim developers, but the bottom line is, if you are charging for a product, like with any other industry, your product should work. In this situation, it clearly doesn't work, because if it were user error, it would mean the means of using your software is absurdly convoluted. Also, 'climbing through FL120 for FL90' is clearly not right no matter which way you look at it. If even then you are still going to point the finger at the customer, you should do it professionally and back it up with reasoning - not start saying "ooh if this were real life you'd be ****ed" because that's tangential and irrelevant. This is a sim, not real life, and it also has no bearing on anything I have reported so far.

I tried joining your forum last night to no avail and have now asked three times through various means to be approved as a member so I can do exactly what you are requesting. I have emailed Dave March the logs. So far I have still not received a reply via despite you all having the time to post on here telling me not to post on here. 

I stand by my decision to post this here because if I had had my information as a resource before purchasing, I would have swerved the purchase. 

The logs contain a lot more information that you have provided here. And yes, the majority of the time it is down to user error. Not reading the manual, confusing hotkey presses, not pressing any key at all etc. So without the logs the beta team and the developer rightly cannot give an opinion.

If you have any problems with PF3 they should be reported on the PF3 forum and not here on avsim. No support or advice will be given here. Only on the PF3 forum.