Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

A statement.

Guest jaapverduijn

I am very sorry to see Danowat go. Jaap Verduijn.

Guest A321

Well Dan, what a way to go...Seems you had a weekend of it right? Flight1 Refunded you your purchase of the PC12 even though you did not ask for one, Now you have left the community.However taking your freeware with you smacks of " if I cant play then im taking my toys with me"How ever as the current trend keeps on going i,e people who put out freeware keep on going about "this my property and my copyrights" etc which I feel has been started by the language used by some of AVSIMS staff, and has slightly inflated some peoples heads which dosent regard their raw talent, but more that they now have power over the file, this is going to keep on happening.Some freeware devs seem to think that they are now more entitled than the people who use their offerings.I think AVSIMS policy should chage, If you upload it to AVSIm then they have distrubution rights on it, and what happens to it after you have stamped your feet and left it's AVSIMS business, if you dont like that then pay for your own bandwith and your own site.I only wish I could give back to the community what I have taken in the way of freeware files, However I dont have the skill or quite frankly the knowledge to do so, but I am working on it.My view is this, If you want to do freeware do it, But dont hold us all over a barrel just because you can.Im sure 99% of peole here really Love and respect the freeware Devs, not to mention the time they give us from their own lives to make ours (in the Sim that is) better, but we cant have all this " My Files so im taking them with me" that stinksJason

Guest deKoven

>Well Dan, what a way to go...>Snip, snip.>>I think AVSIMS policy should chage, If you upload it to AVSIm>then they have distrubution rights on it, and what happens to>it after you have stamped your feet and left it's AVSIMS>business, if you dont like that then pay for your own bandwith>and your own site.>Snip, snip.>>JasonSorry buddy, ain't gonna happen. It doesn't really matter what you think; what controls the situation is copyright law. That law states that you don't give up your rights to your work until and unless YOU sign those rights away. If Avsim changed their policy to "force" the change you mention then I'm thinkin' that we'd still have a big brouhaha, just going the other way. Since I'm not privy to the underlying confabulation I can't comment on it 'cept to say that it sounds a little like "I'm pickin' up my marbles and goin' home.":D

Guest amtran752

>Well Dan, what a way to go...>>Seems you had a weekend of it right? Flight1 Refunded you your>purchase of the PC12 even though you did not ask for one, Now>you have left the community.>>However taking your freeware with you smacks of " if I cant>play then im taking my toys with me">>How ever as the current trend keeps on going i,e people who>put out freeware keep on going about "this my property and my>copyrights" etc which I feel has been started by the language>used by some of AVSIMS staff, and has slightly inflated some>peoples heads which dosent regard their raw talent, but more>that they now have power over the file, this is going to keep>on happening.>>Some freeware devs seem to think that they are now more>entitled than the people who use their offerings.>>I think AVSIMS policy should chage, If you upload it to AVSIm>then they have distrubution rights on it, and what happens to>it after you have stamped your feet and left it's AVSIMS>business, if you dont like that then pay for your own bandwith>and your own site.>>I only wish I could give back to the community what I have>taken in the way of freeware files, However I dont have the>skill or quite frankly the knowledge to do so, but I am>working on it.>>My view is this, If you want to do freeware do it, But dont>hold us all over a barrel just because you can.>>Im sure 99% of peole here really Love and respect the freeware>Devs, not to mention the time they give us from their own>lives to make ours (in the Sim that is) better, but we cant>have all this " My Files so im taking them with me" that>stinks>>Jason They are his toys and he can do whatever he wants with him. That is the bottom line. If you don't like it to bad.

Guest A321

> They are his toys and he can do whatever he wants with>him. That is the bottom line. If you don't like it to bad. >Says the boy who joined yesterday :-roll ...............typical, tude..around here latley :( Lets say MS pick up their toys and go home as well. What would you say then??? You sound greedy, and spoilt, I bet you were the Kid every one disliked, and you always wanted your own way.It just shows IMHO the mentality of some on this forum. Who said I dont like it, I couldnt care less what he does, whether or not his freeare is still on avsim or not, I just dont see why others that really liked his work are now suffering as a result of his departure.He was also a voice of reason on the forum and his input was always valid based on fair arguments.Its not like it costs him anything to keep them on avsim, or does he have to support them, just leave them there.Ive made no personel attacks on him, but have stated my opinion on the subject in course.Jason.

Guest amtran752

MS Can pick up all the toys they want, except for the ones I paid for. They take the stuff I own, and I call the poe-lice.The guy shared his flight sim stuff, and if he doesn't want to anymore, he has the right to take his stuff back.No one held a gun to your head to play with his "toys" he was sharing. No one told AVSIM to upload his files. AVSIM is choosey on what they post on their website, and what they upload. If the guy wants his stuff to come down out of spite, let him. It's his stuff. If you still have the files, more power to you, provide them on emule or something, just hope he can't reach you with the law next to him.Your user name is A321, nuff said. The boy who joined yesterday? So I am not good enough to post here? Lower your nose so you might see where the punch is coming from.>> They are his toys and he can do whatever he wants with>>him. That is the bottom line. If you don't like it to bad.>>>>>Says the boy who joined yesterday :-roll ...............>>>typical, tude..around here latley :( Lets say MS pick up their>toys and go home as well. What would you say then??? >>You sound greedy, and spoilt, I bet you were the Kid every>one disliked, and you always wanted your own way.>>It just shows IMHO the mentality of some on this forum. Who>said I dont like it, I couldnt care less what he does, whether>or not his freeare is still on avsim or not, I just dont see>why others that really liked his work are now suffering as a>result of his departure.>>He was also a voice of reason on the forum and his input was>always valid based on fair arguments.>>Its not like it costs him anything to keep them on avsim, or>does he have to support them, just leave them there.>>Ive made no personel attacks on him, but have stated my>opinion on the subject in course.>>Jason.

Guest Madtrapper

Thanks DemolitionMan: for posting Dan`s last,Dan has been a big help tome and others on this forum.A321 and Amtran752...after reading your replies to this thread,prettymuch explains the attitude as of late on this forum.cheers

I agree.. and I am putting A321 and Amtran on notice. Continue this elsewhere (email), as it is not appreciated here. This is exactly the type of name calling and infantile stuff that drives others away. This thread is now closed.

Guest DemolitionMan

My friend dan watkins asked me to post this here for him, so here you are:Hi all,I think that people deserve to know who prompted Tom's post, it was me who asked for my files to be removed.You can call it what you like, childish etc, etc, but I am sure if you had been on the recieving end of what I have had to put up with over the last 6 or so months, I am in no doubt many of you would feel the same, I won't go into detail, because now I hope that most of it is in the past, and won't be repeated again.I did'nt pull my files to hurt the community, infact that thought did'nt enter my head untill I read Tom's post, I did it because I want a clean break from the hobby completely.I also left the few files in the library where I have just contributed, but what I did'nt want is to be reminded of any of this if anyone were to contact me due to one of my files in the library.These files were only ever uploaded to AVSIM, because I believe that AVSIM is still the best FS site there is, even if the forum is a little confrontational these days, and as such the files need not be removed from elsewhere, heck, there was'nt much there anyway, I am sure you won't miss them at all :-lol.In my personal view, I think this hobby is in a downward spiral, on many levels, and it is a shame to see it happening and I think that now is time to leave it all behind and spend some much needed time with my family, all the fun has gone out of FS for me.I have also asked Tom to remove my forum account, so this is why I have asked a friend to post it, I just wanted say this and try to put across the reasons why I did it.Make up your own minds, slate me, berate me, make fun of me, I know some of you will, but I think that each and every one of you need to re-evaluate your contributions, and attitudes to AVSIM , the forums and its members, this is supposed to be a fun hobby, and an all-encompassing fun friendy community, but in viewing many of the posts over the last 6 months, the fun and friendly air seems to have gone for many people.Dan. (formally danowat)pp Grahame (EDHL)