Sign in to follow this  
phildaby

Re install FSX:SE problems

Hello I have a few problems when I re installed FSX:SE because I had a scenery problem so I had to un-install FSX:SE.  I hope I am in the right area, I searched the topics but couldn't find a similar problem. I am running windows 10, 64 bit and have un-installed and re-installed 4 times.  All were done as administrator with AV and FW off.  It has previously been installed and ran without problem in both FSX boxed and FSX:SE (separate installations not side by side).

My first problem in the re install is only 1 misson appears in the list even tho all are in the folder. The mission is Amsterdam-London Airline run - advanced.

The second issue I have is that I cant save a FSX flight plan anywhere on my disk.  Even tho it says it is saved when i navigate to that folder it is not there.  I get a message

"C:\Users\MyName\Documents\FSX Flight Plans\VFR Adelaide to Albury.PLN - File not found

That in itself does not bother me but it leads to the next problem.  When I try it install my PMDG 737-8900NGX addon it gets 85% loaded and then stops due to an error, and this is the real problem that concerns me because now I cant use my addon

"Saved Flights MyDocs"

"C:\Users\my name\Documents\Flight Simulator X - Steam"

"The system cannot find the file specified"

I am not a computer genius but I hope that my problems are related and that it is as simple as a .cfg or registry problem. I may have deleted something I shouldn't have when I was cleaning up the rest of the files in program data or users\appdata ... etc but Im not sure about that.  Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.  I cant use the product as it is and the only other solution I see is to back everything up and format the drive.

Phil Pearce

Phil,

The fact that you felt you needed to uninstall for a scenery problem is a bit concerning. However, the thing about FS is that besides form being a blast, it teaches you about your computer. If you reinstall and right away something doesn't work, don't go any further, until it's fixed. How to do that? Some might disagree, but after an uninstall I run Ccleaner. Both the temp file and registry cleaner, a few times until it finds nothing. Everything else should be over written in the reinstall. But I suppose it never hurts to delete FS folders as well. I don't know about FSX-SE, but, as you know, there is a particular order in which FS needs to be installed.

Anyway, good luck.

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.