Sign in to follow this  
simaddict

What's going on with FSW?

Hello, Let's face it, I have enormous faith that DTG will come up with a final version that might just blow our minds! But until then, why does the scenery look so bad, including trees, clouds(I know True Sky is involved), general anti-aliasing and so on....I keep trying it now and then, but, well, you know. 

Mike  

TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI)MOTHERBOARD 
AMD Ryzen 5 5900X CPU-LIQUID COOLED
AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
32GB RAM G-SKILL TRIDENT Z
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB

They're promising an major update in January. Also, as an interesting sign of the times, Froogle has recently reviewed the Epic Approaches mission set, and in that review you can hear him say he is now eating his former unfriendly words about FSW. One of the high priests of P3D and X-Plane, his change of heart is telling.

• Upvote 3

froogle goes to where he gets paid advertising or to post.

I used to respect him but since he went the advertising line his lack of independence shows.

• Upvote 4

Harry Woodrow

I can't see any major differences from when FSW came out and till now, so why Froogle suddenly changes his mind, also make me wonder if he's paid by Dovetail. I bought FSW before christmas on a sale on steam, but I haven't installede it yet, and maybe I never will, unless something exciting happens to it.

• Upvote 1

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

4 hours ago, harrry said:

froogle goes to where he gets paid advertising or to post.

Pretty much like a lot of Youtubers these days, e.g. Matt Davies, Froogle, etc.. Some are so biased towards a particular sim that even if the competition was miles ahead, they'd still find ways to put it down. The sad part is that many people really follow these people and believe everything they say

• Upvote 5

I still watch him and he is better than some of them but with everything I filter it knowing that it is sure to be a paid advertisment or a glowing tribute not showing the flaws any more.

• Upvote 1

Harry Woodrow

1 hour ago, jlund said:

I can't see any major differences from when FSW came out and till now,

I think there have been at least 15 updates since launch EA. And I think it's more than just the number that's changed. 

• Upvote 1

Youtubers have to state when they're paid to create content. 

It was really refreshing to see Froogle enjoying himself in the sim (and him failing the mission a couple of times made me feel better about my flying).

• Upvote 3

Dovetail Flight Community Manager: Catch me on Twitch

Just now I read on Simflight.nl version 1 will be released at the end of this month. I haven't seen an official statement about this though. Any comments Cryss?

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

53 minutes ago, DTG_Cryss said:

Youtubers have to state when they're paid to create content. 

It was really refreshing to see Froogle enjoying himself in the sim (and him failing the mission a couple of times made me feel better about my flying).

They must tell YouTube,

The disclosure to viewers is left as their responsibility.  In fairness to Froogle I think he said the weekly spot was for promotions a long time ago when he started it.  

Harry Woodrow

6 hours ago, harrry said:

I used to respect him but since he went the advertising line his lack of independence shows.

What evidence do you have for this?

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Clearly the "looks" of anything is subjective.  For me, the still early access FSW looks in par or better than the other options, which I also have and use.  There are some features the current FSW release doesn't offer that one can find on other sims:  user controlled weather, to include the ability to have real weather, and some features related to using lights at night.  It does offer features that could be better, just as the other sims, i.e., ATC.  

• Upvote 1

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

47 minutes ago, harrry said:

In fairness to Froogle I think he said the weekly spot was for promotions a long time ago when he started it.  

It should be stated every time. Not everyone watches every video or will recall what was said a long time ago.

53 minutes ago, harrry said:

They must tell YouTube,

The disclosure to viewers is left as their responsibility.  In fairness to Froogle I think he said the weekly spot was for promotions a long time ago when he started it.  

If I recall the ASA changed the rules, and any paid content must be disclosed to the viewers. 

You could avoid it, but the fallout for being on the wrong side of these things with some video game YouTubers would make it high risk for low reward.

• Upvote 1

Dovetail Flight Community Manager: Catch me on Twitch

We are allowed to form our own opinions and admittedly I had a bias until having a chance to buy a copy and see it for myself. I was impressed at many elements and with the sdk in hand the potential afforded.  A number of features are an improvement over the current mainstream sims.

In the case of GA aircraft this sim has much to offer, developers are looking at the potential and trying out their productions in game with some success, sometime in the near future doubtless we will get to add 3PD products making a good thing even better.

Best CJ 

• Upvote 1