Sign in to follow this  
byork

[3 February 2021 ] PMDG 747 V2.0 RELEASED!!!

hello Bryan. first of all thanks for the update. but its really disappointing that ECL functionality is not supported. It destroys all immersion. maybe there is a possibility to add an option to the config menu which makes FO to press CHKL button when asking him for a checklist and we go through the checklist by ourselves, after completion saying "checklist complete" FO presses CHKL again blanking the MFD. I think it would be better than the way it is working now: firstly one completes paper checklist then has to go through the ECL making things twice. it is crazy 😆

also I have discovered some issues.

- at the end on the preflight flows FO opens and closes ALTN GEAR EXTEND NOSE/BODY cover for no reason

- FO incorrectly configures fuel pumps on before start flows switching on all pumps and xfeed valves regardless how fuel is filled in the tanks

- FO used to turn runway turnoff lights before taxi and leave them on after landing only during nighttime, now all the time

- FO switches TERR radar on before takeoff and never switches it off neither in flight nor after landing nor after shutdown

- during before taxi procedure FO brings Status page to the MFD instead of Flight controls page

- FO says "Landing gear up and off" (after takeoff checklist). there is no OFF position on -8

- FO does not press RECALL during his descend procedure flows

- FO still turns the packs off during before start procedure. as I said before its incorrect. packs should be turned off during engine start procedure: packs - off, announce start sequence, "start engine(s) ...", pull start switches, fuel control - run. I suggest to make announcing start sequence as a trigger for turning packs off.

- Doors and PMDG vehicles. I spent plenty of time to understand how it works and I didn't. First of all if some doors has already opened (loaded panel state or turnaround) FS2CREW will not close them and will not open the ones are closed. if all of them are closed they will open or not randomly. sometimes nose cargo door opens at 5-8 minutes remaining and never closes (elec source configured correctly). 

- please add an option which eliminates need for phrases "before taxi procedure" and "descent procedure" making it working like on NGX: FO automatically starts his flows after engine start and approach briefing. again it ruins the immersion of real procedures. I remember you explained it is done for those who uses panel states with running engines so it would be great to have an option to choose making happy all of us. 😀

win 10 x64, v4.4, 748F

Thanks

Edited by keight

11 hours ago, keight said:

- FO still turns the packs off during before start procedure. as I said before its incorrect. packs should be turned off during engine start procedure: packs - off, announce start sequence, "start engine(s) ...", pull start switches, fuel control - run. I suggest to make announcing start sequence as a trigger for turning packs off.

Where in the 747 FCOM does it say that?  Scan a picture of the text from the FCOM and change it 🙂  Other points, noted.  Doors are always a PITA to control since we can't do it directly.  If you have to manually control some doors at sometimes, go for it 🙂

11 minutes ago, byork said:

Is that the Boeing 747 FCOM or something company specific?

it is a Boeing FCOM. Just like on any other Boeing (at least 737, 747, 757, 767) packs go off just before starting the engines and its a part of engine start procedure.

We modeled everything off what our real-world 747 pilot does.

He would turn off the packs during the before start procedure (well, he'd leave the left on and turn off the remaining two), and that's what we modeled.

The time between running the Before Start Procedure and when you start the engines would be probably a matter of seconds.

28 minutes ago, byork said:

We modeled everything off what our real-world 747 pilot does.

Please doublecheck that with him. Im almost sure no airline could change this procedure. 

30 minutes ago, byork said:

(well, he'd leave the left on and turn off the remaining two), and that's what we modeled.

no, that's not. he turns off all of them

31 minutes ago, byork said:

The time between running the Before Start Procedure and when you start the engines would be probably a matter of seconds.

not necessarily, consider long pushbacks, atc delays, aerodrome restrictions that will not allow start engines during pushback and before reaching startup points and etc. and even it is a matter of seconds it is not a reason to neglect the procedure 😀

• Like 1

hi. I'd like to mention some more issues

- FO does not press RECALL also during before taxi procedures

- "Notes" item is missing on descent checklist

- FO asks twice if I want him to leave the flaps up after landing (cold weather)

Hi, Bryan

After installing FS2Crew_PMDG747_QOTSII_V1.3, I get the CTD error message Kernelbase.dll after quitting P3D V4.4 with PMDG 747-8 loaded.
It's probably due to the Fs2Crew, because after deactivating addons P3D works as usual. Please ask for support.

Protokollname: Application
Quelle:        Application Error
Datum:         07.02.2019 16:50:14
Ereignis-ID:   1000
Aufgabenkategorie:(100)
Ebene:         Fehler
Schlüsselwörter:Klassisch
Benutzer:      Nicht zutreffend
Computer:      XXX
Beschreibung:
Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: Prepar3D.exe, Version: 4.4.16.27077, Zeitstempel: 0x5bfdbb35
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: KERNELBASE.dll, Version: 10.0.17763.292, Zeitstempel: 0xb51bba8e
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0020001
Fehleroffset: 0x0000000000055549
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x33ec
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d4befc62e2e218
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Berichtskennung: 7b3bc644-fb9d-42bc-8dd0-f592c48e2f16
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets:
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist:
Ereignis-XML:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>