Sign in to follow this  
byork

[3 February 2021 ] PMDG 747 V2.0 RELEASED!!!

[3 February 2021]

A software update for FS2Crew: PMDG 747-400 QOTS II is now available!

This is a free update.

The update is built into the main installer only. There is no stand-alone update installer.

You do not need to uninstall the current version.

To obtain the update, please login to your FS2Crew account (it's on the top of the screen) and click "COMPLETED ORDERS", then re-download and re-install the package again.

Change Log:

Version 2.0.

Fixes and Changes:

• Potential issue that could cause some users to have a non-clean shutdown of FSX/P3D indented and fixed.

Version 1.9.

Fixes and Changes:

• New Config Option: DISABLE FO CTRL STAB TRIM.  This is useful if for whatever reason you want to set the stab trim manually.
  • Runway Turn Off and Taxi lights will now come on when gear selected down, not at 10,000 feet.
  • Removed possibility that FO could ask you twice if you want the flaps left down during the taxi in due to contaminated runways.
  • New possible voice response for the "Transponder" challenger in SOP 2.  "Code Checked Transponder" is now a possible response.

Version 1.8.

Fixes and Changes:

• Engine start procedure updated if the start sequence is 3-4-2-1.  When calling for start on engine 1, the FO should no longer also start engine 4.

Version 1.7.

Fixes and Changes:

• You can now respond "OFF" for the Packs Challenge in SOP 2 in Voice Control. 
  • "AUTO" is now a possible voice response for the Anti Ice Challenge in SOP 2.

Version 1.6.

Fixes and Changes:

• FREE Support for P3D v5.  To install, run the FS2Crew 747 installer exe and select the P3D V5 install option.
  • Minor bug fixes and enhancements (for example, if using GSX Level 2, the pilot model won't walk to the plane since he's already on the plane.  This only happens if you run the Pre Flight events.)
  • IMPORTANT: You must be running the latest version of the PMDG 747.  If in doubt, run the PMDG Operations Center to check if your 747 is up-to-date!

747.jpg

Version 1.5.

Fixes and Changes:

• For Speech Recognition, you no longer need to have your speech recognizer to ENGLISH US.  Your speech recognizer setting can now be set to UK, Australia, Canada or India.
  • Audio Reset function on audio page updated.  It's much more robust now.  If your audio ever drops and you can no longer hear your FO, press the Audio Reset button on the Audio page on the Secondary Panel.
  • Minor bug fixes.

Version 1.4 (Special)

Fixes and Changes:

• Applies to FSX Version only:  A bug was introduced into the last update that resulted in 748 panel entries being added to the 748's panel.cfg file in the FSX version.  That should never have happened, but it accidentally did.  The result was that FS2Crew entries were added to the 8 model's panel.cfg file in FSX, resulting in the window panel limit being exceeded, which resulted in the EFB no longer working.  We just updated the file on the server that addresses this issue with the FSX Config Manager.  If you use the FSX version and you also own the 8 model upgrade from PMDG, we suggest you re-download the product via your FS2Crew account.  Again, this is for FSX owners only.  Nothing changes for P3D V4 users. 

If you already have V1.4 installed and you use the 8 model expansion in FSX, we suggest you:

1. Disable FS2Crew via the FS2Crew Config Manager.  That will restore your panel.cfg file to its original, pre-FS2Crew state.

2. Re-download FS2Crew for the 747 QOTS II via your FS2Crew account.

3. Run the FSX Config Manager again and re-enable FS2Crew.  Your 400 model panel.cfg files should be updated with the FS2Crew entries, but your 8 model panel.cfg should remain untouched.

Version 1.4.

Fixes and Changes:

• 800 Model: Panel Switcher fixed.
  • Missing Arrival Cabin PA added (US and North American voice sets).
  • Button control: Autostart for the 8 models.
  • Takeoff Safety Brief Added.
  • "Unstable" call logic during approach improved.
  • "Social" section removed from the 737 Config Manager due to updated Facebook/Twitter policies.

Version 1.3.

Fixes and Changes:

• The 8 model is now supported for free, but with some limitations:

747-8 USERS READ THIS PART CAREFULLY!!!

1. FS2Crew 747 QOTS II only supports the 8 model in P3D V4, not FSX.  The reason is due to a panel window limit in FSX.  Again, this is all the more reason to move to P3D V4.  FSX is old and out-of-date.  FSX is  yesterday's news.  It's time to move forward to P3D 64 bits.  It's the future.  

Do NOT try manually copying the FS2Crew entries into the 8 model's panel.cfg in FSX or you'll mess up the plane!

2. Due to SDK, legal, and technical limits, the FS2Crew FO cannot interface with the Electronic Checklist System (ECL), so you'll be using the same paper checklists you used in the 400.  

3. How to add FS2Crew to the 8 mode in P3D V4:  You must run the FS2Crew PMDG 747 QOTS II Config manager again and re-enable FS2Crew.  This is necessary to add the FS2Crew entries to the 8 model's panel.cfg file.

• Anti-Ice callouts fixed.
  • Other minor bug fixes.

Version 1.2.

Fixes and Changes:

• During the Pre-Flight procedure, if you ask the FO to turn on the APU when the FO prompts you, the FO will set the APU start switch to ON after 3 seconds instead of roughly 12 seconds.
  • Descent procedure: Baro Inches/ HPA issue resolved.
  • Touch and Go's fixed.  Remember: The FMC must be completed in full for it to work.  FS2Crew still needs the speeds computed in the FMC.
  • Cabin PA's fixed.
  • During the pre-flight flow, the FO will now set the EIU knob to AUTO on his side.  This should resolve any issues users had with a "NO LAND 3" EICAS warning.
  • If flying a model whose EAI and WAI switches have an available AUTO position, the FO will now set the NAI and WAI to the ON position, and not leave them in AUTO, if NAI/WAI are required as per your Departure Brief selection.  Based on our 747 consultant's report, this is the actual correct procedure.
  • If the pre-flight procedure is run, door 2L should now open properly.
  • For the approach checklist, you can now use the backup phrase "SET AND CHECKED" if you don't feel like reading back the actual altimeter value.
  • For the landing checklist, you can now say "NOT ARMED" or "DISARMED" when responding to the position of the speed brake if doing a touch and go.

Version 1.1.

New Voices:

• Additional German Male Capt.
  • Additional German Female FO.
  • Additional American Captain.
  • Additional American FO.
  • Additional Australian Captain.
  • Additional Australian FO.
  • New UK Ground Crew.
  • New United States FA.
  • New United Kingdom FA Public Announcements.
  • New German FA Public Announcements.

New Features / Config Options:

• Integration with the PMDG Ground Service Vehicles (controlled via a new Config Option on the Secondary Panel).

747_ground_vehicles1.jpg

• Option to have the Captain (that's you) only control the Hydraulics.
  • New allowable start sequence: 4 - 1 - 2 - 3.
  • New Config Option to allow the FO to select Terrain during his takeoff flow.
  • Captain's Turbulence PA now available.
  • Gate arrival procedures enhanced.  Please see the tutorials for updated procedures.  FS2Crew will only attempt to connect the ground equipment after you announce "Shutdown Procedure".  This allows you to set the parking brake during taxi without triggering the ground equipment to be connected.
  • New Config Option to allow the FO to turn on both generators in the Freighter, not just one.
  • You can now talk to the ground crew by holding down the R/T INT switch.  Hold it in the INT position.

Fixed / Updated:

• Manuals updated.  Some available voice commands were not listed.
  • FO now properly calls "Plus 100" not "Approaching Minimums" based on associated Config Option.
  • Voice Command "Select Flight Directors On/Off".
  • No smoking signs no longer toggled in the Freighter models at 5000 feet in the descent.
  • Can no longer call the ground crew while airborne.
  • Touch and Go's fixed with respect to the Landing Checklist.
  • Captain's no longer plays when you run the Pre-Flight events in Button Control.
  • FO should now properly set the Baro scale (IN/MB) when in the US or Canada during his preflight flow.
  • Missing sound file in the Secure Checklist (Emergency Exit Lights).
  • FO will not announce passing the Transition Level during the descent if the altimeters are already set to QNH.
  • Strobes On/Off voice command fixed.
  • Match Speed / Bug Up/ Bug 1 - 5 - 10 - 20 - 25 -30 fixed.
  • Setting the comm radios via voice control improved.
  • Checklist Management voice commands fixed (ie., cancel the checklist, restart the checklist).
  • On the FS2Crew Map, the the Flight Number now displays.
  • FO should now properly acknowledge engine start commands.
  • Config Manager panel.cfg handling updated to handle a rare situation where Vox ATC was on the panel.cfg file, resulting in Window numbers being put out of alignment.
  • "Passing Altitude" math improved to generate more accurate values taking your rate of climb/descent into account.
  • FO will not turn on the strobe lights when crossing runways (Voice command: "Confirm Clear to Cross/Enter Runway XXX" must be used).
  • "Set and Checked" now works as a possible response for the Before Takeoff "Flaps" challenge.
  • FO now responds to FMA callouts while in Descent Mode.
  • If final sector, packs off deferred to the shutdown procedure.
  • "Set Heading 000" fixed.
  • Ground crew volume amplified.
  • Dome light handling improved for 2nd legs.
  • Twitter / Facebook integration now working again (Social Integration tab on the Config Manager).

747_config_manager.JPG

qots2_box_large.png

Edited by byork
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 5

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for the update to the QOTS II. The additional voices are fantastic in addition to the bug fixes. 

I do have a few questions and observations after running through  SOP 1 and 2. the door (2L) no longer opens at the start of the pre-flight events and does not close at the +2 minute mark as in the manual. 

I like the integration with PMDG Ground Service Vehicles, however, I am unsure of which vehicles are triggered by FS2 CREW. The image shows what looks like 3 catering and the cabin cleaning truck. I only get one catering truck at the 1R position. only the forward and aft cargo are set to Hide in PMDG options to allow GSX to perform those duties.

The FO now turns on his F/D during the pre-flight procedure, usually before I have turned on the Captain's F/D. 

My pet peeve bug from v1 still exists: the FO always changes my barometer setting from IN to HPA during the decent procedure...

On the other hand, I did notice a few references to the 747-800 in the manual. Are you future proofing the manual? :cool:

Thanks again for the update and I look forward to the day when I can try the UGCX integration feature! 

-Scott

Scott Brown

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg  

Hi Scott,

Door 2L opens for me.  Check your Config Options.

Ground Service Vehicles:  We don't use all of them.  Only the baggage, catering and fuel truck.

F/D is not an issue.  Unlike the 737, it doesn't matter which FD is turned on first.

747-800.  Not sure what's going to  happen with that yet till we see it.  Interfacing with the Electronic Checklist maybe be an issue if there's no SDK support.

Cheers,

Hello,

How is the engines start sequence is changed to 4-1-2-3?

Heron Domingues, Jr

Intel Core I7 10700KF, 3.80GHz (5.10GHz Turbo), Gigabyte B460, RAM 32GB, Corsair 750W, GPU Palit RTX 3060, Windows 10 Pro 64., P3Dv5.4.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

If you added it, I can’t see it as an option. Mine is Button. Is this a Voice only feature?

Heron Domingues, Jr

Intel Core I7 10700KF, 3.80GHz (5.10GHz Turbo), Gigabyte B460, RAM 32GB, Corsair 750W, GPU Palit RTX 3060, Windows 10 Pro 64., P3Dv5.4.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hello, I purchased the button version of the software. It appears that the safety message audio file is missing. That's the message from the FA that comes on when engines are started. Can you confirm if this audio file is present in the button version which is limited to SOP1.

Thanks

Thanks for that report.

I just looked at the Button Control code and that announcement somehow got left out of Button Control.  It's in voice control though.

We'll fix in V1.2.

If it's absolutely critical for you, I can fix it now and send you an updated file.

Cheers,

On 24/01/2018 at 2:29 AM, byork said:

Thanks for that report.

I just looked at the Button Control code and that announcement somehow got left out of Button Control.  It's in voice control though.

We'll fix in V1.2.

If it's absolutely critical for you, I can fix it now and send you an updated file.

Cheers,

Hi Bryan,

Would really love to have this file as well.

Thanks in advance.