Sign in to follow this  
poprush

FREQUENCY ERROR

I am a pilot student and am trying to fly KFTW-KMWL as check ride practice.

If I file a IFR flight KFTW-KMWL and clearance gives me correct frequency (118.1 south,)

but when i fly towards kmwl gives me completely wrong frequency.(plano center)

Unfortunately the ARTCC controller boundaries are not in the AIRAC data so Center frequencies are often not the same as what you would expect in the real world.  You should be given a Fort Worth Center frequency on the flight you describe, but it might not match the one you would get in real life.

Airport frequencies and Approach and Departure frequencies should be accurate.

Dave

The add-on fsaerodata corrects this discrepancy. It is subscription based and requires a separate subscription to Navigraph AIRAC updates.

That may be more money than you want to spend just to fix ARTCC frequencies. fsaerodata:

https://www.fsaerodata.com/

Jay,

Thanks for the post and link to fsaerodata. 

Unfortunately that won't help this issue.  AIRAC data does have all the correct frequencies now....a fairly recent addition.  However, it does not have the controller geographic boundaries where, in the real world, you would get passed from one center controller to another.

The other issue would be that P2A uses the AIRAC data for frequencies, so the updated SIM data would not fix the issue.

Dave

fsaerodata includes a revised version of bvcf.bgl. The most recent version has all the US and Canada high and low sectors updated to AIRAC 1801 and has a beta version of Germany, with the rest of Europe in development.

Jay, Thanks.    Would require quite a bit of programming effort to get it out, but that might be a good source of the info.

Dave

Hi,

So I get 118.1 for south departure frequency correctly on the ground, once I am airborne, the first frequency i will get for departure is 134.60.

Oddly, I get right frequency if i choose different airport close to KMWL.