Sign in to follow this  
jaydor

Poseidon at Salt Lake City

Visiting Utah National Guard at Salt Lake City for the Air Show, is Navy Poseidon 987.

7G219OT.png

HFUu0D7.png

AosJH1X.png

Work in progress..

• Upvote 4

James (jaydor)

"Let me X-Plane where I fly in 2020"

Great shots and a nice repaint James!

I noticed the plane captain on the nose wheel door.  Were you an AO in the Navy by chance?

• Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

18 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Great shots and a nice repaint James!

I noticed the plane captain on the nose wheel door.  Were you an AO in the Navy by chance?

Hi Steve, Thank you for the compliment.  No I live in Wales UK and severed in the British army a thousand moons ago.  I searched google for photos and very few show close ups.  But I did get a good front end, so that is where I got the AOAN from, but substituted my forum name.  I put San Diego Calf on there but I don't think there are any base there yet?  Best wishes  James

James (jaydor)

33 minutes ago, jaydor said:

Hi Steve, Thank you for the compliment.  No I live in Wales UK and severed in the British army a thousand moons ago.  I searched google for photos and very few show close ups.  But I did get a good front end, so that is where I got the AOAN from, but substituted my forum name.  I put San Diego Calf on there but I don't think there are any base there yet?  Best wishes  James

Ahh ok James.

I served in the US Navy about the same amount of moons ago, but still remember a few things regarding ratings and Navy terminology.

AOAN breaks down to this:

AO: Navy rating for Aviation Ordnance man.  I was an AT, Aviation Electronics Tech, First Class (My rating badge I wore is my avatar, hehe)

AN: Navy ranking designation meaning Airman...E3 which equates to an enlisted person grade 3 (it goes from 1-9....well 10 really but there is only one 10...he/she would be designated MasterChief of the Navy...and be stationed at the Pentagon)

What will really mess you up is when you reach E4, you'd have a designation of AO3 (not 4 like you'd expect, referred to as a "Third Class").  E5=AO2 (Second Class), E6=AO1 (First Class), E7=AOC (CHIEF), E8=AOCS (CHIEF, SENIOR referred to as a Senior Chief), E9=AOCM (CHIEF, MASTER referred to as a Master Chief).

Phew.....anyway, San Diego is as good as any I think.

A plane captain is a designation given to usually a lower ranking airman that is "in charge" of a specific airplane in the squadron.  Some of their duties involve making sure all the lubrication points are properly serviced, and deal with the servicing of the aircraft overall. 

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Nice paint!  Nice shots!  This is for the default LR 737?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

14 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Nice paint!  Nice shots!  This is for the default LR 737?

Yes Ryan and will also work with the Zibo mod.

James (jaydor)

15 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Ahh ok James.

I served in the US Navy about the same amount of moons ago, but still remember a few things regarding ratings and Navy terminology.

Phew.....anyway, San Diego is as good as any I think.

A plane captain is a designation given to usually a lower ranking airman that is "in charge" of a specific airplane in the squadron.  Some of their duties involve making sure all the lubrication points are properly serviced, and deal with the servicing of the aircraft overall. 

Hi Steve,  Thank you for the info.  I picked San Diego as the Museum aircraft carrier is the USS Midway.   I remember her visiting Hong Kong back all those moons ago, where us Brits would meet up with some of the crew in the China Fleet Club on Hong Kong Island.  That would usually end up as a drinking marathon, so if the Chinese wished to attack, all they had to do was wait for the Brits and US crews to get drunk and just walk in..  :biggrin::biggrin:  Best wishes from Wales UK.

James (jaydor)