Sign in to follow this  
bobby

downloading with W10 edge browser

Hi all--- Have just switched to P3Dv4 and wanting to download it and all my other stuff  on W10 . Have used I E 11 before but now see that Edge is the browser here. I have tried to convert to IE11 but seems very unstable on my new machine. Has anyone had any problems downloading with Edge? I see in the P3D guide that a downloader is promoted but I have also seen many other posts saying this is not a real requirement. Any advice on this and to which one is simple to use?

You can download Chrome and Firefox, you don't have to use Edge...I cannot stand that browser personally. 

"Any advice on this and to which one is simple to use?"

I'm not sure anything about FS is simple. I used EI for many years, but Microsoft hasn't supported it for some time now, and claims Edge is the best browser for Windows. Maybe. Yet Chrome and Gmail have way more to offer, and all in one place.

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

I prefer Chrome, but it all boils down to how you use the net I suppose.

Edge isn't bad, I used it for about a week after I built my machine.  I tried to keep using it.  Then i installed Opera and used it for a week or two.  Eventually the allure of my old Chrome setup called...

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Edge works fine for me. Quicker & smoother than Firefox & Chrome... BUT that is my experience, on a brand new Acer laptop, i5, 7200U cpu, 4gb RAM.

Others will have a different experience.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond...