Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ken_Salter

Biting the hand that feeds you...

Joe, well, he won't be coming back (at least to post here)... I have had my fill of it. I have disabled his ability to post. Why should we allow this guy with an obvious agenda to come into our "house" and provide him the pulpit to bash us. Sorry, doesn't wash with me.

Guest ThrottleUp

Tom..Can I just say that your forum-monitoring is excellent :)

Well shucks.. thank you. :) Ken deserves a whole lot of credit too. After all, these are his forums. Not mine. I am just the janitor.

Guest DNelson

Not often you see a janitor with fuzzy red hair, red nose, and size 18EEE shoes.

Jimmi,I use AVG 7.0, and I have not encountered any problems. Conversely, I tried a trial version of Norton AV 2004, and it messed around with my files so much that I dumped it and installed AVG instead.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Dave,AVG also SELL a version of AVG 7.0. That doesn't mean that the FREE version isn't as good at protecting your files. It just means that the payable version has more features and options, and is for companies and businesses. Accusing Grisoft of malicious intent simply because they offer a FREE version of their software to private users is treading on dangerous ground.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

>wait a sec, is he the one that made the Stearman?Yes he is. And it seems that everyone gave it high marks. I know I did. I also produced a lot of screenshots back in the FS2002 days with the previous Stearman. Unfortunate, that it ends up like this; but I certainly won't support his agenda!L.Adamson

i love his stearman... great plane.. I just think its a bit pathetic that it ends up like this. I have read the first few, and it seems like he was attacked first by a select few.

Guest Zevious Zoquis

LOL, I just can't believe it...Y'know, the funny thing is that thread about the PC-12 isn't really even that bad. Theres one or two guys blowing their usual smoke and a bunch of people stating they like the product. Another funny thing is that I'd generally be on the devs side in that debate and yet Mr. Eckhart feels I'm the enemy...Actually, it's all pretty funny...

Guest Zevious Zoquis

He wasn't "attacked" by anybody at all. Unless of course one is so hyper sensitive and paranoid as to think a post about a virus warning and a couple of people indicating they choose not to use auto-install programs is an attack.

Folks, for some of you coming into this late.CONTEXT and TIMING Is Everything.This guy is simply a hypocrite for what he has done, and to prove it out.1) Look at the timing of his post where he says he will remove the file from Avsim.2) Write down that time, and IGNORE for the time being every post after that. Then compare what is written here and what is written in similar posts at Sim-outhouse, Flightsim, and Simviation up to that time stamp.There were negative posts there as well, but he singled out Avsim which proves out his hypocrisy. he uploads in his words (1 file ever at avsim) paraphrased, and then whines when his file is flagged as heaving a virus.Then he hypocritically whines about Freeware, when His file is Freeware, and guess what, ready for this:"THE FREEWARE INSTALLER HE CHOSE IS THE FILE THAT SOME SAY WAS FLAGGED WITH THE virus"YOU CAN'T GET MORE HYPOCRITICAL THAN THAT FOLKS. Yeah, he got what he paid for all right. He deserved exactly what he put into the first post he did here, and his words after he pulled his file too.By the way, for those that have the file, read the read me enclosed, it says anyone can host it on their own site by simply advising him where it is hosted at.Maybe someone can host it on their server, and post a link that it's there.We also should do a repaint of it with a Bozo The Clown Graphic, and the word Boycott all over it.That to me would be very funny and we still enjoy the great plane that it is, and can act like the bozo'z we all enjoy being once in a while.Now, I tried repainting, and I'm sticking to Voice Recognition development files instead. :-)Maybe someone can step up and do a Bozo repaint.Lots of graphics show up at google images with a search term Bozo.And after reading the license for repaints he included, we can do what we want with it too, like upload it here, perhaps. :-)Regards,JoePS - Found some more hypocrisy. Now, dave included Eagle Field, a Scenery file made by MS Scenery.Now on that site, they offer downloads for guess what. Manual Install and Automatic Install fro Bremerton Airport. Too Funny, if it wwre not true. The list just keeps growing. BTW, the fields and scenery are very nice as well. :-)Check This Out:http://www.msscenery.com/home_page.htmaopa.gif" border="0" alt="Grab My FREEWARE Voice recognition Profiles here:[a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004misc&DLID=58334]Cessna 172 Voice Profile[/a][a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004misc&DLID=60740]FSD Avanti Voice Profile[/a].You will need the main FREEWARE Flight Assistant program to use it, get it here:[a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=genutils&DLID=39661]Flight Assistant 2.2[/a]

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

Joe..........I Agree!!!! this time.... :D :D :D L.Adamson