Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ken_Salter

Biting the hand that feeds you...

Thanks, :-)It's still an awesome aircraft, and quite fun to fly as well. It's a shame he read all those posts with blinders on, he missed quite a few compliments.I think he got exactly what he was looking for, IMHO. Joe :-)If you read this Dave - Congratulations. IMHO, you achieved your self-realizing goal, IMHO.

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

LMAO... you owe me a new keyboard joe... i just spilled dinner all over mine.. LMAO... After we get the plane painted, maybe we can all fly out together from his local airport? Hahahahaha, were so gonna get under his skin... LMAO:-lol

Ok, I wasn't going to spill it, but yes, I am thinking of a Multiplayer Fly-in originating at Eagle Field.BBQ - you know the whole deal... All Bozo Stearman's. :-lolI mean the club has to have an aircraft, and it seems appropriate since it is a nice slow speed aicraft.We can do Bozo Airshows, add smoke, etc..... The whole deal.Joeaopa.gif" border="0" alt="Grab My FREEWARE Voice recognition Profiles here:[a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004misc&DLID=58334]Cessna 172 Voice Profile[/a][a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004misc&DLID=60740]FSD Avanti Voice Profile[/a].You will need the main FREEWARE Flight Assistant program to use it, get it here:[a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=genutils&DLID=39661]Flight Assistant 2.2[/a]

>>It's still an awesome aircraft, and quite fun to fly as well. >It's a shame he read all those posts with blinders on, he>missed quite a few compliments.>Over the course of several days, I pointed out the fact, that the compliments far exceeded any complaints. The first virus post I seen on the subject was at FlightSim com. with a headline banner of "virus Alert" in capital letters. Considering all the work that went into the Stearman including the "installer" which I preferred, was reason enough for me to understand why Dave was upset with a few negative oriented postings regarding the virus detection alert and the built in installer.As someone pointed out, Dave wasn't getting much negative press at Flightsim com, because he wasn't calling them "a$$es, cry babies, and printing E-mails calling them Bozo's. However, that large virus Alert banner was certainly there, and it wasn't any of a bigger deal here.The next thing you know, he ask's that the Stearman file be removed from this sight, and adds some less than delightful words regarding Avsim to his own web site. Of course it was very one sided, and I am aware of, and know some people who simply think and respond this way!And Dave, if you read this, and can't respond, then he,he as I feel your pain. I couldn't respond for about four months here...either :)L.Adamson

The irony Joe is he feels disrespected by a few at this site, yet chose to disrespect the larger community--setting the tone with the veiled threat in the post that opened this thread and following through on it by pulling the file to "punish" a handful.I knew nothing about the issue until I saw David's post--he brought attention to AVG, himself, and sorry to say blemished his reputation as a designer. Just because someone writes decent freeware doesn't mean the world owes them a living or respect. Some live all their lives never grasping that concept, I'm sorry to say.-John

I even gave him a few suggestions, which he didn't even bother to respond to. Instead, just kept digging the deeper hole instead concentrating on what he wanted to see, instead of focusing on a possible solution.He was equally, IMHO disrespected by others at the other sites too. That is the real Irony. he singled out Avsim, IMHO, and even blamed members that belong to both sites, that posted over there as well, still blaming Avsim members. Unbelievable.Joeaopa.gif" border="0" alt="Grab My FREEWARE Voice recognition Profiles here:[a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004misc&DLID=58334]Cessna 172 Voice Profile[/a][a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004misc&DLID=60740]FSD Avanti Voice Profile[/a].You will need the main FREEWARE Flight Assistant program to use it, get it here:[a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=genutils&DLID=39661]Flight Assistant 2.2[/a]

Guest deKoven

Have to say guys, it does US no good to kick a man when he's down. He's gone, by the wisdom of Tom, and will be posting here no more. What is really sad is that the man is a fine model maker and his contributions will be missed. Now back to our regular programming ... :D

>Have to say guys, it does US no good to kick a man when he's>down. He's gone, by the wisdom of Tom, and will be posting>here no more. What is really sad is that the man is a fine>model maker and his contributions will be missed. >>Now back to our regular programming ... >He's not gone.......He's still knocking AVSIM down on his own web site. Even some of the latest quotes from this forum are included.

Guest GCBarni

I wasn't very enthusiastic about the proposed idea of creating 'alternative' textures for what is really an excellent rendition, because along with a few others here, I feel Avsim membership is ordinarily above that sort of retaliation. However, in light of Dave's resistance to accept that his initial lashing out was uncalled for, and now based upon what appears to be a concerted effort on his website to further discredit Avsim, I feel that a compromise may be more apt. In that vein, I have provided a screen shot and hope no one at Avsim finds it offensive.

He by no means is gone, and is still posting privately and publically, I assure you.He has been inserting a new kick of his own each day. Today it appears to be me, according to his site. :-)aopa.gif" border="0" alt="Grab My FREEWARE Voice recognition Profiles here:[a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004misc&DLID=58334]Cessna 172 Voice Profile[/a][a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004misc&DLID=60740]FSD Avanti Voice Profile[/a].You will need the main FREEWARE Flight Assistant program to use it, get it here:[a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=genutils&DLID=39661]Flight Assistant 2.2[/a]

Guest Zevious Zoquis

BTW, is not his claim that Danowat requested removal of his files for "a similar reason" a fairly gross mis-representation of the truth? I seem to recall danowat saying he felt AVSIM was the best forum on the net and that he was getting out of the add-on "biz" due to a feeling that the general attitude of simmers had changed - not specifically AVSIM only...

Guest GCBarni

After a quick search of the forums here, it seems his last input is around April 23 when he was engaged in a discussion of the PC-12 from Flight 1. He had bought a copy and was giving what appeared to be an honest assessment. Some chose not to agree with his opinions and some less-than-flattering exchanges took place whereupon Dan departed in disgust.My impresion is that Dan felt this kind of thing was happening all too frequently within the fora and decided he'd had enough. I couldn't find anything to suggest that his displeasure with Avsim was based upon anything that he'd produced personally; in fact, he seemed disallusioned with flightsim in general.I'm sure we've all experienced days like that. You're right.... for Dave of the Stearman fame to acknowledge Dan's sudden withdrawal as ammunition for the defence of his own actions smacks of more arrogance. IMHO.

Dan's request to remove files from AVSIM had nothing to do with AVSIM per se. He asked for them to be removed because he was leaving the hobby. So yeah, any reference to Dan's move as some sort of implied connection to David's actions is misleading - at best, and a total mis-representation/distortion at worst.

Depends on your haunts I guess. Hear they're more common around Salem, Oregon (at least according to Stephen King).

Yes. Dave posted his file here it seems for the express purpose of creating an incident and forcibly removing it with a lot of complaints and badmouthing towards Avsim from his end.If you read his commentary elsewhere you can see that such is his style and he has for years been campaigning against Avsim and for fs.com.He's operated similarly in other areas.Despite his skills at aircraft building, which are indeed pretty good, this is NOT a nice person.