Sign in to follow this  
GregC

What's next for PMDG?

For all of you in the know and the master speculators, will the B737 MAX be a stand alone product or an expansion to the B737NG?

David Vega

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

1 hour ago, SAX702 said:

For all of you in the know and the master speculators, will the B737 MAX be a stand alone product or an expansion to the B737NG?

David Vega

It hasn‘t even been announced, there was just a teaser by RSR in another thread. Nothing has been announced, confirmed, assured. It‘s actually nothing but a rumour. So I don‘t expect anyone knowing anything further or - for a PMDG member - being allowed to tell us. 

I personally hope for a new product, even if that means it will have its price. But te NGX is getting old and has its issues with P4D.

The 737 MAX series, and then announce the 787. That'd be just lovely for the future!

• Upvote 4

You did such a great job on the DC-6 that I can hardly wait to see the Convair 340! The world needs more classics, particularly us "old Codgers"! 

Quink

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Quink said:

"old Codgers"

It's Rodgers...and I'm not that old...yet... :tongue:

• Upvote 3

Kyle Rodgers

On 16/1/2018 at 5:34 PM, scandinavian13 said:

This.

Also this...
*glances down at signature image*

:ph34r:

Pah! Razzer swore blind we would be getting one of those years ago...  it has already taken longer then a certain CRJ. Can you believe we first started talking about it in 2009-2010?

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 6:59 PM, scandinavian13 said:

Kyle,

Should I take that "Rodgers" as a yes to the CV340? My tongue's already hanging out to my third fly button! 

I've still got my old UAL Convair manual from 1965 in case PMDG needs to borrow it. So I guess I'll still qualify as a "Codger".  

Regards, Quink

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Quink said:

Kyle,

Should I take that "Rodgers" as a yes to the CV340? My tongue's already hanging out to my third fly button! 

I've still got my old UAL Convair manual from 1965 in case PMDG needs to borrow it. So I guess I'll still qualify as a "Codger".  

Regards, Quink

<blink><blink> Convair? What? Where! This would be the pinnacle of my sim life.

I have a type rating in the 340/440 and that, in my mind, was my glory days. Great old aircraft.

I tried to read up a few posts and I didn't see any proof that a 340 is coming from PMDG...just let me dream a bit.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

I hope the Corvair is a joke... the excuse for not upgrading the MD-11 is it does not sell... but I doubt the DC-6 and a Corvair are going to sell more than an MD-11 would. Guess I am going to have to go XPlane to get an MD-11 fix - David Lee

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, 777200lrf said:

I hope the Corvair is a joke... the excuse for not upgrading the MD-11 is it does not sell... but I doubt the DC-6 and a Corvair are going to sell more than an MD-11 would. Guess I am going to have to go XPlane to get an MD-11 fix - David Lee

Where did any of us from PMDG even joke about a Convair? Don't confuse other people joking about it, and/or misinterpreting out interactions here as official information. When we do announce things we announce them clearly. I don't think it's too hard to look back at my old post regarding "Codgers" and correcting it to my last name and see that it's a joke on my last name, and not much more. I swear, half the times I fire off a joke in here, I have to come back through and mop it all up because people seem to have lost their senses of humor somehow. Everyone's like "Kyle, you're too serious - be nice," and when I try to joke around... *sigh*

Come on guys...

...and the MD-11 issue is a lot more complicated than that, but...sure...that, too.

• Upvote 3

Kyle Rodgers

On 1/23/2018 at 1:59 AM, scandinavian13 said:

LOL.

Somehow I fear, that simulating the PMDG version of Mr. Rodgers, would be far too complex. :happy: :biggrin:

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

10 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

LOL.

Somehow I fear, that simulating the PMDG version of Mr. Rodgers, would be far too complex. :happy: :biggrin:

...football helmet or cardigan?

...because the latter would mean it's spelled incorrectly :tongue:

• Upvote 3

Kyle Rodgers

9 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Where did any of us from PMDG even joke about a Convair? Don't confuse other people joking about it, and/or misinterpreting out interactions here as official information. When we do announce things we announce them clearly. I don't think it's too hard to look back at my old post regarding "Codgers" and correcting it to my last name and see that it's a joke on my last name, and not much more. I swear, half the times I fire off a joke in here, I have to come back through and mop it all up because people seem to have lost their senses of humor somehow. Everyone's like "Kyle, you're too serious - be nice," and when I try to joke around... *sigh*

Come on guys...

...and the MD-11 issue is a lot more complicated than that, but...sure...that, too.

I know you did not confirm a Corvair, I just read people talking about this being a rumor, and vented my frustration because in the past your team has said the MD-11 "did not sell" as the reason to not re-release it. I have heard rumors of ex-team members and licensing agreements this is actually the first time you have admitted it is more than just sales numbers of the MD-11 though. Please do the MD-11 I'd rather not like to turn to the X-Plane darkside :) - David Lee

• Upvote 1