Sign in to follow this  
Hornit

Glider Issue?

Im trying to do some soaring in FSX.....never tried it. Nice ORBX scenery in Austria. My bird looks like this.....no wing flex..the flaps or flaperons are not moving..yet it seems to fly ok. Is there something Im missing or is there something wrong with the vis model? Like I said..first time trying the gliders and not sure what is up with that. Im just selecting the aircraft..slewing up and going flying.

JOPB395.jpg

HAHA...nope....just want to figure out how to make this thing look right in my sim!

3 hours ago, Zatoichi said:

Are those things modeled on the glider?

Its got flaperons, spoilers, ballast. Looks to me like my wings do not flex and something is wrong with the flaperons...they look like that no mater what i do with the controls.

Is that a default aircraft? I purchased the Discus and really like it.

Hey there Hornit,

Just tested the default FSX glider (DG-808S) in FSX+AccPack, the flight model shows wingflex both in cockpit VC and external view.
In a straight and level or nose down attitude the wings are flat like yours, but when buffeted by updraft or steep climb, loop manure, the wings flex like a banana, you can clearly see the wing transition from slightly arched downward in a dive, to relatively flat, and then wingtips arched upward when in a G-roll or climbing through a loop.

I also tried a freeware glider (Schempp Hirth Discus 2b) but it has a smaller wingspan than the default DG808S, so no winflex on the Discus 2b flight model.

Hmmm...no matter what I do my visual model is porked. No other default or add on aircraft have this issue. Seems to fly just fine....but I like looking at external views and its definitely messed up. Even if i do the tutorial and mission with the glider. Further investigation ongoing!

Hornit,

EDIT: Just found something interesting! have you got your "Advanced animations" checkbox enabled in FSX settings > Graphics tab

Could you post/attach your (DG808S) aircraft.cfg  file, so that I can crosscheck it with my own.

Hi Hornit,

Just ran a small test with Advanced animation checkbox disabled, loaded the flight with DG808S and the wings were flat to downward droop, The wings were flat and static, along with the flaperons starboard inoperable and port was in the downward position. No wing flex at all. 

Then I re-enabled "Advanced animations" while the aircraft was in the same position/location the wings immediately showed upward flex, flaperons were also operating in sync with control movement. Wingflex in upward straight and downward transitions, observed from external and VC views.

Give it a try.

Ok..this is weird.....I DID have advanced animations selected.....I turned them off and turned them on again and viola...working like its supposed to!!! Apparently this is a problem with this model for some. Saw a lot of older posts about this. Some folks never got it sorted.

All good then!
Now go for a flight if you can stand that bleeping and wurring variometer.  You cant turn off the Vario sound in the cockpit but you can click the Vario button, the infernal sound ceases and the Variometer will then not show if you are rising or falling with the rate gauge. (swings and roundabouts I guess)