Sign in to follow this  
Mechanaut

X-Plane 11 and Elite Hardware Interface

So, I have been using an Elite yoke and throttle quadrant for several years, mainly with FSX and P3. Now, I use XP11 as my primary sim, still using the Elite yoke (serial version with a USB converter) and currently trying to incorporate the Elite MEL throttle quadrant (USB) into the mix. I downloaded the trial version of the Elite Hardware Interface for X-Plane to see if I can get it going. The throttle quad is recognized and I am able to calibrate the hardware and use it in X-plane with one exception. The Prop and Mixture control levers have reversed operation in terms of lever position. I tried checking the boxes within the Elite calibration window to reverse the control actions but it has no effect in X-plane. Is anyone using the Elite interface and having this problem or knows how to resolve the reversed controls in X-plane?

I'm using ELITE v9 ( beta ) with XP11. I have only the MEL TQ and the GNS 650 /750 unit.

You can check if SimPanels ELITE sim plugin has already been updated. The only problems I have are with the GNS module. They told a XP11 update was due.

https://www.simplugins.com/html/elite_interface.html

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

5 minutes ago, jcomm said:

I'm using ELITE v9 ( beta ) with XP11. I have only the MEL TQ and the GNS 650 /750 unit.

You can check if SimPanels ELITE sim plugin has already been updated. The only problems I have are with the GNS module. They told a XP11 update was due.

https://www.simplugins.com/html/elite_interface.html

Thanks jcomm, I do have the latest download from simplugins.com as your link shows. I have only XP11 installed on this machine. I am not sure if a needed Elite file is missing from the plugins folder or what. So your MEL quad is working fine with XP11?

Correct, it's the simplest quadrant - https://flyelite.com/product/mel-throttle-quadrant/ - and it works fine. Mine is USB, as well as the GNS. When I post above that I use ELITE with XP11, of course I meant to say ELITE HW :-)

ELITE, as you know, in the Professional version, does allow for the use of an external ESP-based sim for visuals.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Just wondering if you made any progress with this interface  problem ?

Main Simulation Rig: