Sign in to follow this  
Turbine777

Cannot start a ticket

Hey folks,

I'm done trying for the moment on getting this to work and opening a ticket. Just not my day I guess but other than leaving some time to write this, I have no more to give to this issue with the avalanche of issues in trying to get support. 3+ hours now so do forgive little old me.

After hours now of simply trying to install the 777 & NGX, I get no activation window or start menu shortcuts. I haven't touched my pmdg fleet in ages so had to create a new password on the site. Operation Center still doesn't see that password as legit, so I went back to the site and tried a ticket there. I then was told I had illegal text in an input field and after a solid half hour of screwing with my text below (removing dashes, semicolons, etc) I still get the error. Like I said, just not my day. Luckily for me I have the good habit of CTRL+A & CTRL+C before every clicking a submit or post option so I have what I tried to submit below. If anyone can shed light on any of the issues it would be helpful and appreciated.

May Day, May Day,, May Day...

Issue 1: After installing PMDG 737 (+ exp) & 777 (+ exp) I have no window popping up to show me where to enter my key(s).
Issue 2: No shortcuts after install, reboot, etc. The only way I can run the operation center is to re-run the installer and choose modify.

Info: Checked the PMDG Operations Center.log and there are several of the same error throughout - Error opening key: 2.

I read a post from a year ago that one person mentions that PMDG had them delete a p3d key in the registry to fix this issue, but cannot find a key (they didn't give location in registry). I also have a fairly new install of both Win 10 64bit as well as P3dv4.1. Everything running great otherwise now for 2 months since the fresh installs. I don't see why I would have a p3dv3 entry in my reg, but imagine an installer from another addon may have done so.

I also found a post where someone mentioned reinstalling the Simconnect at Prepar3D v4\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib.
- Did that with, no change.
- Tried reinstalling with, no change.
- Tried petting my cat with my big toe while eating pizza, no change (though it was sort of fun).

Ops center says I have the latest and greatest. Downloaded new installers Oct 2017.
Mother's maiden name: Judd
Blood type: A+
Fetishes: Available upon request

Thanks in advance, and hello again!
Dan

PS. I tried to buy the J41 for P3dv4 from the Operations center and had my $5,000,000.00 ready but couldn't find an option to enter my credit card info. Are you aware of this issue??? :P

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Yes, and Yes. No firewall, no anti vaginas, and yes to admin.

Thanks!

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

12 hours ago, Turbine777 said:

I get no activation window or start menu shortcuts

No activation window could simply mean your earlier activation is still valid. The Start Menu issue is a Win10 issue.

Operation Center still doesn't see that password as legit

The OC as it stands currently, has no recognition of, or location to enter, any passwords. Can you explain this in greater detail?

I then was told I had illegal text in an input field and after a solid half hour of screwing with my text below (removing dashes, semicolons, etc) I still get the error.

...by whom?
...input field, where?
...what illegal text for aforementioned field?

...and if this was from a support ticket, does that render the thread title inaccurate?

All in all, I'm still confused as to what the actual issue is, here.

You may not be getting an activation window, but is there anything leading you to believe that the aircraft is behaving improperly? For the OC (an unrelated issue, actually), is it showing that the aircraft that you installed is not installed? If so, are you sure you're selecting P3DvX, and not P3DvY or FSX:SE? Are you using any migration tools to force vX scenery into vY?

Kyle Rodgers

"Hi" Kyle.

Thanks for the reply.

I installed the mentioned PMDG products and there was never an entry to put in my serial key. When I launched P3dv4.1 a window comes up saying I haven't yet activated it but it doesn't say how or where to do this, just that I need to. It's not activated so of course the pmdg dll's don't work and p3d will crash because of that. Again, it's just not activated.

No activation window on a fairly fresh install of windows and P3d. In other words I haven't had any pmdg aircraft installed since. So I don't see how it could be still valid.

As for the OC goes, it has a support section. I tried to create a ticket from this help section. It needs you to log in (yes, the operation center has this, or mine does anyway). It doesn't let me log in to send a ticket via the OC because it says my username or password is incorrect. PMDG's website (support portal) allowed me to log in and create a ticket. I know a ticket is best, so tried and tried, and tried. It is when I click submit that it says the message about illegal text in an input field. Which field, I have no idea. There are several input fields in a form. An issue I tried to troubleshoot for a solid hour before posting here. Prior to that, I spent a solid hour trying find an answer via the forum. Prior to that I did my own troubleshooting for over an hour.

Odd about no shortcut on the desktop or start menu. I've been a Microsoft beta tester since Millennium (98 v3). In the last month I've installed hundreds of addons. All have shortcuts. Not one does not. Windows 10 issue? I don't think so. Maybe WIN10 + PMDG but it's obvious they know how to query the win10 registry so cannot see for the life of me how they wouldn't know how to do what every other addon can. Heck, I can explain it faster than I can get this to work, haha. I'd be happy to email my insanely verbose notes of my install. My install is currently 242gb. Zero pending issues other than this. Doesn't make sense. It shouldn't be this difficult. We're missing something stupidly simply here. I believe it's what I mentioned about "Error opening key: 2". As mentioned also, I found a topic about that error and the user said PMDG helped him resolve it by deleting a key in the registry, but that he never mentioned what key.

As for which version of p3d I'm using and choosing, The installer doesn't give me any option to choose. Maybe because it's the only one I have and again, this install is virgin to ever having PMDG installed so still not sure how it could already be validated. Last but not least, no migration tool or anything like that.

Thanks again.

Dan Prunier

25 minutes ago, Turbine777 said:

As for the OC goes, it has a support section. I tried to create a ticket from this help section. It needs you to log in (yes, the operation center has this, or mine does anyway). It doesn't let me log in to send a ticket via the OC because it says my username or password is incorrect. PMDG's website (support portal) allowed me to log in and create a ticket. I know a ticket is best, so tried and tried, and tried. It is when I click submit that it says the message about illegal text in an input field. Which field, I have no idea. There are several input fields in a form. An issue I tried to troubleshoot for a solid hour before posting here. Prior to that, I spent a solid hour trying find an answer via the forum. Prior to that I did my own troubleshooting for over an hour.

I recommend you go to PMDG Product Support (http://support.precisionmanuals.com), create a new account (support accounts are separate from sales accounts) and submit a trouble ticket.  This is a user forum and although you caught Kyle when he was watching, the only direct line to PMDG is the support portal.

Long time no see Dan.  Welcome back.

Dan Downs KCRP

16 minutes ago, downscc said:

I recommend you go to PMDG Product Support (http://support.precisionmanuals.com), create a new account (support accounts are separate from sales accounts) and submit a trouble ticket.  This is a user forum and although you caught Kyle when he was watching, the only direct line to PMDG is the support portal.

Long time no see Dan.  Welcome back.

Hey hey, Dan. Been trying to make time to catch up on things around here, but glad to see you're still doing all that you do.

As for the support site goes, I know. Mentioned it a few times. Logged in and have my account, etc, etc, etc. I mentioned the many things I did, but rather than retype it, I'll paste where I mention the issues with the support portal. Not only do I mention it a few times, but I've said your exact words in many years and thousands of posts in actually helping people on this here user forum. Thanks.

"...so I went back to the site and tried a ticket there. I then was told I had illegal text in an input field and after a solid half hour of screwing with my text below (removing dashes, semicolons, etc) I still get the error."

...I know a ticket is best, so tried and tried, and tried. It is when I click submit that it says the message about illegal text in an input field. Which field, I have no idea. There are several input fields in a form. An issue I tried to troubleshoot for a solid hour before posting here. Prior to that, I spent a solid hour trying find an answer via the forum. Prior to that I did my own troubleshooting for over an hour

Dan Prunier

8 hours ago, Turbine777 said:

Hey hey, Dan. Been trying to make time to catch up on things around here, but glad to see you're still doing all that you do.

As for the support site goes, I know. Mentioned it a few times. Logged in and have my account, etc, etc, etc. I mentioned the many things I did, but rather than retype it, I'll paste where I mention the issues with the support portal. Not only do I mention it a few times, but I've said your exact words in many years and thousands of posts in actually helping people on this here user forum. Thanks.

What exactly did you try to enter on the text box and you received an illigal character? Did you try another browser?

• Upvote 1

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com