Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

Flying Tigers sold to FedEx

I'm still en-route to Memphis for the hand over and inspection...then I'll take her to my new Boeing scenery (I have to look up which field they paint the 777) to have her painted in FedEx colors.  I wanted to post these now while in flight...not sure if I'll have enough juice this evening to post the whole flight.

I didn't resize and use a lot of compression on all these shots, I really like showing bare metal aircraft. :wink:

Starting my walk around...nose looks ok.

mfPzl9.jpg

What a massive engine!

GZOF3H.jpg

Got a tiger by the tail!  LoL  She's making her 1st run with FedEx cargo even before the paperwork is all done.

ZMmG7k.jpg

Almost done loading the big girl

1cMDMp.jpg

Taxiing out in with the morning Tampa sun reflecting off the fuse.

xcpvz9.jpg

Here is a shot a spotter got thru the fence.

vTnDhI.jpg

Liftoff!  SWA's terminal at KTPA in the background.  Some sort of antenna in the foreground (ILS maybe?).

SclfD6.jpg

Gear in the bar...huge bay doors closing, Tampa in the rear view mirrors!

CdtzAt.jpg

Climbing to altitude, looks like nice weather (flying with ASN and real weather off).

t579C8.jpg

Will post shots of the end of the flight in my next post.

• Upvote 6

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Nice shots!

That tail logo looks strangely familiar for some reason.  :-)

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

Hehe...yes it does. :wink:

I'm debating if I have the energy to paint an FT 747 on the 744F...it would should look nice though.

I just noticed your new sig pic....hurry up and release that MD! (like you have any control over that, LoL)

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

8 hours ago, Tokitaumelie said:

Outstanding set and amazing livery.

Kind regards

Thanks T!

The paint is available here on Avsim...click the link in my sig and scroll a few pages.

• Upvote 2

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Hi Steve,

Fine work and a great pix... Not too shabby for a retired painter - LOL... Yeah - I used to fly that livery on Paul Golding's 727 a bunch - bare metal just looks soooo good...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

😎😎😎, great repainted and nice shots. Rendering of metal is perfect. Point of views are well choiced. 

What a simply gorgeous "what if" . Can't do that with one of those really new fangled 787s etc. no shiny bits, just composite bits.. :dry:

Ultimate ride for a freight dog? :cool::cool:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Are these publicly available? I searched the library and couldn't find them. I remember seeing the their B747's at YSSY in the early '80's.

David Porrett

To paraphrase the American Airlines anecdote:-

Impressed spotter: "How do you keep the T7 so shiny?"

Freight Dog, "Speed, sir. Just Speed!" :happy:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Beautiful screenshots of the big bird....paint hangars in Everett!

HLJAMES

On 1/17/2018 at 6:30 AM, scottb613 said:

Not too shabby for a retired painter

LoL...yeah..."retired"...I painted this one back in my 777 painting palooza days...was hooked on freighters.  I also painted FedEx, UPS, Atlas, Evergreen, Centurion, Alitalia Cargo, World, Tampa, Polar, Titan (fictional) and BETA (Thanks for posting those shots of her a while back HL...didn't think anyone would even fly her)   Agree with you on the bare metal...looks extra sweet on the 727...oh those Easterns and AA's :wink:

On 1/17/2018 at 7:01 AM, ms2 said:

great repainted and nice shots. Rendering of metal is perfect. Point of views are well choiced.

Thanks M!   I used the metal from another awesome painter named Xudeva for this paint  (converted from a 767 he painted).....I'm not good at metal and have worked with several great metal painters in the past....I'm all about collaboration to get great looking paints to our community!

15 hours ago, HighBypass said:

What a simply gorgeous "what if" . Can't do that with one of those really new fangled 787s etc. no shiny bits, just composite bits.. :dry:

Ultimate ride for a freight dog? 

Thanks Mark!  No doubt if you took the grinder to a 787 you'd be seeing dark gray carbon fiber in no time and inhaling its toxic dust, LOL.  To be honest I don't think the 777 looks the best in metal...by far the 727 and the DC-8 in my opinion looked the best in their birthday suit. :biggrin:

15 hours ago, pedrotrindade said:

Beautiful work!!!

disclaimer:

I'm a bare metal junkie

Thanks Pedro!    Me as well!

15 hours ago, DavidP said:

Are these publicly available? I searched the library and couldn't find them. I remember seeing the their B747's at YSSY in the early '80's.

Hey Dave, I saw Pedro took care of you.  Yeah they were in the FSX section....even though they work fine in P3d.  (Thanks for the assist Pedro!)

15 hours ago, HighBypass said:

Impressed spotter: "How do you keep the T7 so shiny?"

Freight Dog, "Speed, sir. Just Speed!"

True dat Mark!  Somehow a bare metal plane just looks faster to me.

32 minutes ago, HLJames said:

Beautiful screenshots of the big bird....paint hangars in Everett!

Thanks HL!  I'll be flying her to Everett on my next flight!  (My computer crashed just as I landed on KMEM...but I think I have some en-route shots I can upload in my next post)

• Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg