Sign in to follow this  
ChuckK

GPS related datarefs not being written RXP530

Hi, 

I just purchased the RXP530 for my Malibu hardware panel. I've noticed the following datarefs (there may be others) are not being written by the RXP530 although they are written by the stock XP 530. This is causing some issues during general navigation and LPV approaches with my Air Manager Aspen EFIS. Any insight would be appreciated.

sim/cockpit/radios/nav_type (set to 3 for a VOR,  4 when on an LNAV + V, LPV or ILS, and 5 for a LOC approach)

sim/cockpit/radios/gps_dme_dist_m (distance to the next waypoint)

sim/cockpit/radios/gps_dme_speed_kts (speed to the next waypoint)

sim/cockpit/radios/gps_dme_time_secs (time to the next waypoint)

sim/cockpit2/radios/indicators/gps_nav_id (name of the next waypoint)

Thanks, 

Chuck

Hi, thank you for the feedback!

the last 4 should be working as long as you setup the GNS V2 as the master device (RXP GNS Menu), it might require also enabling the link to the HSI in the GUI Settings Panel.

The first one is not set though, it might not be either from external plugins and we'll have to have a look at this one.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

I looked into this problem further, I was mistaken to say none of the last 4 datarefs were being written. Actually 1 of the 4 (the distance) is being written. The others are static.   This condition persists regardless of the toggle settings for GPS to HSI. Also the GPS is marked as master.

And additionally if I set this dataref (sim/operation/override/override_gps) to 0 manually, all fields update except for the nav_id, but they are reporting data from the nav_id dataref, which happens to be the last waypoint used in the stock XP530.

Chuck

2 hours ago, ChuckK said:

And additionally if I set this dataref (sim/operation/override/override_gps) to 0 manually, all fields update except for the nav_id, but they are reporting data from the nav_id dataref, which happens to be the last waypoint used in the stock XP530.

This would suggest a bug in XP then. What XP version are you running?

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Hello RXP,

I seem to have this same thing going on. RXP is a wonderful tool! IMO mostly accurate except for a few tweaks that should be accomplished.

Is this something that is being looked at? I haven't seen a post on this thread for a while so I thought I'd chime in as well.

Hi, this is in the 'todo' list for now, as we are focussing all our resources on the G600/500 and this also affects some portions of the GTN/GNS V2 code. The delay is unfortunate but there is only as much we can do in 24H. Hopefully, these are just 'little annoyances' for now, although I understand these are important for a number of our customers.

Understood.  Glad you can put it on the docket. 

Thanks for following up. 

Regards

Chuck

Hi,

While working on the update to support the newest Garmin GTN Trainer 6.41.1, we've spent some time on this and here is: not all these can be externally controlled easily in X-Plane, only some of them.

However, if the 'gps_dme_' datarefs are not reporting the information, the equivalent 'hsi_dme_' datarefs might instead. The 'nav_id' dataref is solely internal to X-Plane for its own GPS(s).

This is the reason why our GPS devices (GTN and GNS V2) publish their own set of datarefs for third party use, as found in the User's Manual.

They are only updated by the 'master' device (with similar meaning as the XPlane ones):

"RXP/radios/indicators/hsi_bearing_deg_mag_pilot"
 "RXP/radios/indicators/hsi_flag_from_to_pilot"
 "RXP/radios/indicators/hsi_hdef_dots_pilot"
 "RXP/radios/indicators/hsi_vdef_dots_pilot"
 "RXP/radios/indicators/hsi_has_dme_pilot"
 "RXP/radios/indicators/hsi_dme_distance_nm_pilot"
 "RXP/radios/indicators/hsi_dme_speed_kts_pilot"
 "RXP/radios/indicators/hsi_dme_time_min_pilot"
 "RXP/radios/indicators/hsi_flag_glideslope_pilot"
 "RXP/radios/indicators/hsi_display_horizontal_pilot"
 "RXP/radios/indicators/hsi_display_vertical_pilot"

"RXP/radios/indicators/gps_course_degtm"
 "RXP/radios/indicators/gps_cross_track_nm"
 "RXP/radios/indicators/gps_time_min_eta"
 "RXP/radios/indicators/gps_discrete_out"
 "RXP/radios/indicators/gps_nav_id"