Sign in to follow this  
GeoSkyman

P3d4.1 Ezdok and Chaseplane

Hi all, I currently have Ezdok installed and I think to start and try using Chaseplane and see how it goes according my fps.

i want to ask if i need to uninstall Ezdok first and then install chase plane or there is no need to uninstall it in case I have to reuse it.

please advise me

George

I have both. For now I'm not using Chaseplane anymore, but if I recall correctly the installer of Chaseplane deactivates Ezdok in the xml.exe
So if you want to reuse Ezdok, you have uninstall Chaseplane and enable Ezdok manually again

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Thank you so much. I may ask you, why in ezdok while I change a view even in vc of external views my FPS drops from 45-50 with a Pmdg b737 to 16-18? Then I need to press F9 or S to return to approx 19-20 FPS 

• Upvote 1

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

Thanks for the tutorial, I may get Chaseplane just because switching is possible. These 2 POV managing programs are very important to miss on any of them if you're not a cockpit builder.

33 minutes ago, Thomas Andersen said:

I upgraded to V2 of Ezdok and I must say that I am very pleased with this software. The motion effects really add to the immersion!

Yes, comprehensive motion effects exactly, this is where they had invested a lot of efforts, and I can't fly without them anymore.

8 hours ago, Egbert Drenth said:

I have both. For now I'm not using Chaseplane anymore, ...

Why?

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I bought EZdok, but I became very frustrated trying to set it up.    ALL I want are the motion effects.   I really don't care about the camera views.  The default views are fine with me.  I couldn't get EZdok to work properly every time.  Seems I couldn't go back to the VC after a few view changes.  The VC might show when I first start up a flight, but it soon was missing in the view rotation.  I couldn't get it back unless I went into 
EZdok and specifically went to the VC.  Back in the flight, if I rotated from VC to outside view, I couldn't get the VC back again.  I talked to EZdoc via email, but for some reason, they couldn't resolve my issues.

I would love a step by step install guide for P3dv4.1, and specific info on which keys to disable, etc, etc.

EZdok in FSX worked perfectly for me....in P3dv4.1, that's not the case.

If you can refer me to a step by step list for a perfect install of EZdok, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Stan

1 hour ago, spilok said:

I bought EZdok, but I became very frustrated trying to set it up.    ALL I want are the motion effects.   I really don't care about the camera views.  The default views are fine with me.  I couldn't get EZdok to work properly every time.  Seems I couldn't go back to the VC after a few view changes.  The VC might show when I first start up a flight, but it soon was missing in the view rotation.  I couldn't get it back unless I went into 
EZdok and specifically went to the VC.  Back in the flight, if I rotated from VC to outside view, I couldn't get the VC back again.  I talked to EZdoc via email, but for some reason, they couldn't resolve my issues.

I would love a step by step install guide for P3dv4.1, and specific info on which keys to disable, etc, etc.

EZdok in FSX worked perfectly for me....in P3dv4.1, that's not the case.

If you can refer me to a step by step list for a perfect install of EZdok, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Stan

Assign a button or a hotkey to your default EZdok-VC view. That button or hotkey should bring you back to the VC from any other view.

Interesting.  I didn't have to do that in FSX.  My assigned joystick button (let's say button 8) would toggle me through all the views .....including the VC.  Seems like this version of EZdok and/or P3dv4.1 doesn't allow that.  Is that correct?

Stan

Really happy with EZDOK 2.0 here.  I assign CTRL + SHIFT + 1 through CTRL + SHIFT + 4 with Saitek profiler and assign those to my EZDOK views

Regards
bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER