Sign in to follow this  
Brent

Lear dimmer controls - FSX

I'm not getting dimmer controls working for the interior lights on my Lear.  I have the "Flysimware_Dimmer.cab" in both my Panel.main and Panel.gns folders.  Do I need to decompress for this to work (expected this to happen automagically)!?  The lights do work but there is no control of the brightness.

Note that I'm using FSX DX10 (Steve's fixer) and the latest version of the Lear

Cheers

Brent

4 hours ago, Brent said:

I'm not getting dimmer controls working for the interior lights on my Lear.  I have the "Flysimware_Dimmer.cab" in both my Panel.main and Panel.gns folders.  Do I need to decompress for this to work (expected this to happen automagically)!?  The lights do work but there is no control of the brightness.

Note that I'm using FSX DX10 (Steve's fixer) and the latest version of the Lear

Cheers

Brent

Brent,

Note there is a Dimmer Patch on the FSW website at http://flysimware.com/website/LEARJET_35A.html  .

Al

The dimming lights were axed as a default feature in one of the latest updates because they considerably increased the memory consumption of the Learjet.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Thanks Al and Bjoern. 

I had dl the dimmer patch, and as I mentioned above I put  the two cab files in the correct folders I mentioned above but I'm not seeing any control of the lights other than on/off.

Removed the dimmer .cab files; now I have dimmer control on the flood switch but not the other three (still just on/off).  

Thanks

Brent

Edited by Brent

I contacted Flysimware support for this issue and it was discovered that there was a mistake with the dimmers.zip file posted on their store.  The wrong folder names had been used for the install. 

A new corrected zip file has been posted and I now have full dimmer control for the cockpit lights!

Brent

I contacted Flysimware support for this issue and it was discovered that there was a mistake with the dimmers.zip file posted on their store.  The wrong folder names had been used for the install. 

A new corrected zip file has been posted and I now have full dimmer control for the cockpit lights!

Brent

Brent,

Wonderful -- glad but not surprised to hear about the support from FSW.

Thanks for closing the loop and helping the next person who decides to download the dimmer patch.

Al