Sign in to follow this  
OldFlyboy

AutoHotkey for "pseudo" Fullscreen?-anyone using

I have used this program, written by Maarten Boelens, for several years with no problems. Now with P3D v4 whenever I load AutoHotkey.exe a web page opens telling me I need a script. When I finally got a script and loaded it, pressing my fullscreen hotkey results in a fullscreen but the simshrinks to less that25% of the screen.

Anyone know what's wrong? Is there an alternative other than using Alt+Enter? which still leaves a gray bar bottom of screen.

Only change made is a new monitor: Samsung 28" UHD 3840x2160    

Help appreciated

Neal H                                                                                                                                                

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

Can't help you with your Autohotkey problem but P3D runs in pseudo fullscreen mode by default already... so why would you want to use Autohotkey for that?

I already used Autohotkey in the past, but i found this that works very well...

https://github.com/Codeusa/Borderless-Gaming

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

7 hours ago, J van E said:

Can't help you with your Autohotkey problem but P3D runs in pseudo fullscreen mode by default already... so why would you want to use Autohotkey for that?

Hi

How do you get P3D to run in pseudo full screen mode? Mine is showing the taskbar and top navigation bar.

Thanks

John

Alt+Enter

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

Hi John,

I was under the impression that P3D is not capable of true full screen mode. Perhaps somebody can correct me if I’m wrong?

Dave

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

There hasn't been a real full screen mode since (I think) V1.4. It is all windowed mode, or windowed mode borderless. There is no difference except the border, so that utility is useless for P3D.

16 hours ago, OldFlyboy said:

I have used this program, written by Maarten Boelens, for several years with no problems. Now with P3D v4 whenever I load AutoHotkey.exe a web page opens telling me I need a script. When I finally got a script and loaded it, pressing my fullscreen hotkey results in a fullscreen but the simshrinks to less that25% of the screen.

Anyone know what's wrong? Is there an alternative other than using Alt+Enter? which still leaves a gray bar bottom of screen.

Only change made is a new monitor: Samsung 28" UHD 3840x2160    

Help appreciated

Neal H                                                                                                                                                

I use AutoHotKey with P3d with no problems.  In the AutoHotKey folder is file FullScreen.exe.  I run that file and my Full Screen key combination is Win - F11.  The script file is titled fullscreen.ahk.   I'm afraid that I don't remember where I got this script.  It might have been installed with the AutoHotKey program.  Anyway it works fine, just make sure that P3d is the active window when you use the full screen key combination as it will make any active screen full screen.  :biggrin:

Here is the script -

Menu, tray, Default, Pseudo Full Screen

/*
 * Bind to Win-F11.
 */
#F11::PseudoFullScreen()

menuAbout:
    MsgBox, 8256, About, Maarten Boelens, Flight Sim Pseudo Full Screen v1.0.`n`nThis program and its source are in the public domain.
return

menuExit:
    ExitApp
return

menuPseudoFullScreen:
    Send !{Tab} ; go to previously active window (the currently active window is the taskbar !)
    Sleep, 200
    PseudoFullScreen()
return

PseudoFullScreen() {
    global

WinActive("A")
    WinGet, winId, ID

if (isPseudoFullScreen_%winId% = 1) {
        ; already maximized: we restore the window
        WinSet, Style, +0x00C40000  
        WinMove, , , orig_%winId%_x, orig_%winId%_y, orig_%winId%_width, orig_%winId%_height
        isPseudoFullScreen_%winId% = 0
    } else {
        ; not maximized: we maximize it
        WinGet, orig_%winId%_wasMaximized, MinMax
        WinGetPos, orig_%winId%_x, orig_%winId%_y, orig_%winId%_width, orig_%winId%_height ; store the old bounds
        WinSet, Style, -0x00C40000
        WinMove, , , 0, 0, A_ScreenWidth, A_ScreenHeight
        isPseudoFullScreen_%winId% = 1
    }
}
; END OF PseudoFullScreen

Bill  N7IBG     

Please explain when do you want to use it? What for?

1 hour ago, Bill Griffith said:

I use AutoHotKey with P3d with no problems.  In the AutoHotKey folder is file FullScreen.exe.  I run that file and my Full Screen key combination is Win - F11.  The script file is titled fullscreen.ahk.   I'm afraid that I don't remember where I got this script.  It might have been installed with the AutoHotKey program.  Anyway it works fine, just make sure that P3d is the active window when you use the full screen key combination as it will make any active screen full screen. 

Again, this is not needed at all. P3D runs in pseudo full screen mode by default. It has no real full screen mode. It is either windowed mode with the border around it or pseudo full screen and you switch between them with alt-enter. Running AutoHotKey makes absolutely no difference for P3D. (In fact, I wonder if using AutoHotKey for this might even have a negative effect... Well, probably not but it certainly doesn't help.)

The guys are right. Full screen in p3d is not real full screen. It’s a borderless window. 

You are wasting your time running an addon for this. 

4 hours ago, J van E said:

Again, this is not needed at all. P3D runs in pseudo full screen mode by default. It has no real full screen mode. It is either windowed mode with the border around it or pseudo full screen and you switch between them with alt-enter. Running AutoHotKey makes absolutely no difference for P3D

Alt+Enter still leaves a bottom GRAY border. I don't see how you can say "default mode" as every version of FSX and P3D have this feature.

In any event, I searched old files from years past and found my original Pseudo Fullscreen program. It works perfectly and several tests show no difference in framerates with orwithout it.

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

1 hour ago, OldFlyboy said:

Alt+Enter still leaves a bottom GRAY border. I don't see how you can say "default mode" as every version of FSX and P3D have this feature.

That's odd. Does the resolution set in P3D match your monitor's resolution? I never have seen a grey border. Depending on the mode I am in alt+enter either gives me a windowed mode OR the pseudo full screen mode.