Sign in to follow this  
jpreou

P3Dv4 and RV-7 / RV-8

1 hour ago, Rimshot said:

Bert, I said it before and I'll say it again; You are wonderful! :biggrin: Your edits work like a charm, we've got her back in Prepar3D v4 with all the bells and whistles, thank you for the effort! One question. I have the Vans installed in the Prepar3D v4 root, but I'd like to install it in the default Prepar3D v4 Add-ons folder under My Documents. There I want it to reside under a Baytower folder. Am I correct I then only have to change the path to your new dll file in the panel.cfg? If yes, it would read like this?

gauge00=bts_xml_sound64!Sound,  2,2,2,2, ./Documents/Prepar3D v4 Add-ons/Baytower/gauges/bts_xml_sound.ini

Not sure.. try it!

Edit:

Alternately, you can put the gauge and the ini file in the panel folder and refer to it as:

gauge00=bts_xml_sound64!Sound,  2,2,2,2, \bts_xml_sound.ini

• Upvote 4

Bert

Thanks Bert. This should be stickied! It really makes you wonder why certain developers :dry:  take so long to convert stuff to P3Dv4

Sadly I can only give one reputation. Bert, give the man an 'UP'. :biggrin:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I'll give one too.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Just when you think you're out......They drag you back in!

Angle, angle Push! is on a never ending loop. Even if you switch everything off. The errant file is SND15.wav located in P3Dv4\sound\Bay Twr along with all the other clicks etc. I looked at it and...didn't know what else to do. :unsure: 

The only thing I could do after trawling through all kinds of sound configs was to make a copy of SND15 and edit the original to death with Wave Editor. Now I don't get a peep out of bitchin' Betty. :biggrin:

On 2/19/2018 at 4:40 PM, Ron Attwood said:

Just when you think you're out......They drag you back in!

Angle, angle Push! is on a never ending loop. Even if you switch everything off. The errant file is SND15.wav located in P3Dv4\sound\Bay Twr along with all the other clicks etc. I looked at it and...didn't know what else to do. :unsure: 

That is a bug in the btsRV7!Sim gauge.

I'll send you a replacement.

• Upvote 2

Bert

4 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Do you have one for me too Bert? Have sent tou my e-mailadres in a PM.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

6 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Me three.  Thx  

Many thanks Bert, now I can cease using P3Dv3.4 only for the RV-7 due to the missing cockpit sounds.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

I wonder if Daniel would mind if all the fixes for P3Dv4 were put in one box and hosted somewhere. (AVSIM Library, My MediaFire?) In fact, if he did it himself and incorporated it in the download he could sell a few more RV7s

4 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

I wonder if Daniel would mind if all the fixes for P3Dv4 were put in one box and hosted somewhere. (AVSIM Library, My MediaFire?) In fact, if he did it himself and incorporated it in the download he could sell a few more RV7s

Good question!

I've sent him an email :happy:

Bert

7 hours ago, Rimshot said:

Do you have one for me too Bert? Have sent you my e-mailadress in a PM.

Better resend that PM..

Bert

20 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Better resend that PM..

You didn't get it? At my end it is shown as the last response in our conversation... I've sent it again anyhow.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

2 hours ago, Rimshot said:

You didn't get it? At my end it is shown as the last response in our conversation... I've sent it again anyhow.

Did not receive it..

Bert

Hi Bert, would you mind sending those files through to me at my previous email as well, since I now have the RV-7 working again (love it!).

To the original developer (@BayTower); I'm not usually in the habit of begging, but ... *please* update this aircraft for native P3Dv4.x as it is a little gem; in my opinion one of the best, but it does need a small update.

I would be happy to purchase it all over again for it to the 'right', fully P3Dv4-compliant, and more especially if it received some updates.

1 hour ago, jpreou said:

Hi Bert, would you mind sending those files through to me at my previous email as well, since I now have the RV-7 working again (love it!).

Please send me a PM

Bert