Sign in to follow this  
jpreou

P3Dv4 and RV-7 / RV-8

I've got a package put together for whoever would like to test the RV7 in P3Dv4.

You must own the FSX version.

Two panel options:  Baytower default GNS530 and RealityXP GNS530 v2.

As best I can tell everything works, transponder, autopilot, sounds etc..

Please request via PM with your email address.

Bert

A bit of icing on the RV7 cake. Danny Maher, the creator of the RV7, sent me his PSD files for the interiors. I've uploaded them to my MediaFire

and they'll be on AVSIM library soon.

I think that makes it completely compatible with P3D

Thank you Danny. And Bert Pieke for tracking him down to his hideout! :biggrin:

• Like 1

How long does it take for 'smug' to wear off after buying an EV?

"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled". Whoever said it wasn't wrong!

Thank you Ron & Bert for making this possible.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

What do the interior PSD's do?  You guys going to make snazzy new leather?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

They take away the baked-on shadows leaving the sim to do them properly.

• Upvote 1

"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled". Whoever said it wasn't wrong!

11 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

A bit of icing on the RV7 cake. Danny Maher, the creator of the RV7, sent me his PSD files for the interiors. I've uploaded them to my MediaFire

Wow, nice! Thanks Ron, love the readme, blah, blah :biggrin: Now I will always picture Danny as a caveman...

Edited by Rimshot

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

23 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

and they'll be on AVSIM library soon.

I think that makes it completely compatible with P3D

Thank you Danny. And Bert Pieke for tracking him down to his hideout! :biggrin:

Thank you to all. Please post a link here when the files are up on avsim.

UPDATE: ah, should have noticed; retrieved from your media fire.

Thanks so much, going to try these out. I love the RV7 and wish it would be fully modernised to native P3Dv4 goodness - I'd buy it all over again. Twice! :)

Edited by jpreou

On 3/30/2018 at 2:01 AM, jpreou said:

Thanks so much, going to try these out. I love the RV7 and wish it would be fully modernised to native P3Dv4 goodness

It is fully compliant with P3Dv4.2. Fixes HERE

Thanks Guys. I need to get onto this; currently a little distracted flying around the galaxies in Elite Dangerous! :biggrin:

I’ve completed the mods, but now my sim crashes when I select the -7.  I’m thinking it’s the simv4 xml.  That was the only file I wasn’t certain where it went, so I just put it in the aircraft top folders for the 7 and 7A.  Where should it go? I found the original files in a .cab but I can’t edit that.

LOLOLOL I've just done a complete reinstall of P3Dv4.3 and I'm having the same problem! I'm damned if I can remember where it goes. I've tried several locations to no avail. How embarrassing!  :blush: The README says btsRV7 folder but there aint no such animal.

I'm beginning to wonder if P3Dv4.3 is taking exception to it. I mean, it did work in 4.2 without the mods, albeit with a few hiccups which the mods cured..

I'm stumped!

On 7/9/2018 at 4:24 PM, Ron Attwood said:

I'm beginning to wonder if P3Dv4.3 is taking exception to it. I mean, it did work in 4.2 without the mods, albeit with a few hiccups which the mods cured..

I'm stumped!

Sent you the files..

Bert

Has anyone figured out where the simv4 xml goes? I installed it into PD3 V4.3 tonight. It works mostly. The manifold gauge doesn't work. I never tried the autopilot. The landing light didn't light up the runway when I landed. However, the panel lights worked. The wings didn't show, but she flew. 🙂 I want to install the mods Bert and Ron made, but I wanted to make sure the airplane worked before going through all that trouble, perhaps for nothing.

She is a sweet little airplane.

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II