Sign in to follow this  
jpreou

P3Dv4 and RV-7 / RV-8

3 hours ago, fl95 said:

Redownload the Baytower RV7 from flight1 and installed it via add-on.cfg. Now not all but most is okay in P3D V5

1st Error: The Manifold pressure is not displayed. 😞

Achim

Is the gauge not working, or is the tooltip not working?

Bert

11 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Is the gauge not working, or is the tooltip not working?

Both show 0 inHG.

2nd Error: CHT Tooltip always show "Full Rich"

3rd Error: Lights are not working (Nav, Strobe, Landing) Panel light works

Achim

6 hours ago, fl95 said:

Both show 0 inHG.

2nd Error: CHT Tooltip always show "Full Rich"

3rd Error: Lights are not working (Nav, Strobe, Landing) Panel light works

Achim

Hmm,  My Manifold Pressure Gauge works.. wonder why..

Bert

On 5/17/2020 at 6:35 PM, Bert Pieke said:

Hmm,  My Manifold Pressure Gauge works.. wonder why..

I speak about a clean P3D V5 with some A2A Planes and ORBX Europe. Do I need additional gauges from V4 or FSX ?

I have installed the RV7 at an external Position and added it with add-on.cfg. No Manifold, Mixture Tooltip always show "rich". the I deinstalled ist and reinstalled in inside the P3D V5 Directory (like in FSX). Same Problems. Manifold allways 0, no (rich, lean) Mixture Tooltip.

The Baytower RV7 is not usable for me in V5 😢

Achim

Edited by fl95
error

7 hours ago, fl95 said:

I speak about a clean P3D V5 with some A2A Planes and ORBX Europe. Do I need additional gauges from V4 or FSX ?

I have installed the RV7 at an external Position and added it with add-on.cfg. No Manifold, Mixture Tooltip always show "rich". the I deinstalled ist and reinstalled in inside the P3D V5 Directory (like in FSX). Same Problems. Manifold allways 0, no (rich, lean) Mixture Tooltip.

Achim

That is a bummer.. the RV7A is my default plane in V5.. send me a PM with your email address and we can take this offline.

Bert

7 hours ago, fl95 said:

Ooooh yes it is!

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

With the help of Bert now the RV7 is my default plane again. I use a repaint from a friend of my own real RV6A. RV7A PH-CRJ Repaint.

The RV6A has a smaller vertical stabilizer, rudder and wingspan than the RV7A.

PH-CRJ_P3D-768x838.jpg

Edited by fl95
  • Like 2

Im currently learning to fly the RV6 (tail wheel) IRL.....I have an model of RV10 for xplane.Flight dynamics good. But my issue is ground handling on take off roll and landing roll (IRL). The ground handling in Xplane is not anywhere realistic.

If I re purchase P3d v.5       (only have 3.4 lic at moment)

......is this model of Rv7 any where close to real life ground handeling handling? And anywhere close to the RV6?

Thanks

2 hours ago, Tommytongue said:

If I re purchase P3d v.5       (only have 3.4 lic at moment)

......is this model of Rv7 any where close to real life ground handeling handling? And anywhere close to the RV6?

Thanks

Why not start by testing it in V3.4.?

The RV6 owner who posted before you seems to find it acceptable..

Bert

After a break of about 5 years I've returned to Flight Simming with P3d v5.  I've had a learning curve to get myself back up to specs, but I'm getting there.

I was sad that there wasn't a v5 RV addon out there, but then I found this thread. Thank you for these mod files and instructions, I have the RV-7 working in v5!

Now I'm off to find some repaints!

Chris

Search for 'Ron Attwood' in Avsim library or take a look in my Mediafire (no pictures though)

1 hour ago, Crewchief408 said:

After a break of about 5 years I've returned to Flight Simming with P3d v5.  I've had a learning curve to get myself back up to specs, but I'm getting there.

I was sad that there wasn't a v5 RV addon out there, but then I found this thread. Thank you for these mod files and instructions, I have the RV-7 working in v5!

Now I'm off to find some repaints!

Chris

Bert

If the bay tower looks as good as it does in the small photos on their site, I might have to pick it up. Is there any chance that I could get the RXP GTN 750/650 in the panel?

58 minutes ago, Swagger897 said:

If the bay tower looks as good as it does in the small photos on their site, I might have to pick it up. Is there any chance that I could get the RXP GTN 750/650 in the panel?

Yes. But the panel is just a bit squished up. 750 that is, I don't know if the 650 is different.  Not so bad that ruins anything. I've tried editing the panel cfg. dimensions bit but gave up. I may try again at some stage.

On 7/25/2020 at 8:38 AM, Swagger897 said:

The 750 can be made to fit, although the GNS frame remains.. this is actually how I use it most of the time:

[VCockpit02]
size_mm=512,512
pixel_size=512,512
texture=$vcGarminStack
background_color=0,0,0

gauge00=btsRV7!gma340,                0,1,512,87
gauge01=rxpGTN!GTN_750_1,88,60,341,298,NO_BEZEL
gauge02=btsRV7!gtx327V4,                                   0,399,512,113

Bert