Sign in to follow this  
filou

You do not know your Sim.

8 minutes ago, Kyle Schurb said:

Agreed. Also not sure I understand the intent of threads and comments from the OP such as this. 

It's great people think their sim is perfect, and honestly I'm happy it suits them, even if it's not my sim of choice. But there are some users of X-Plane I've noticed are extremely loud and sometimes quite rude/overly-proud that this is their choice. Makes it difficult for me to want to join in on this community.

I know Ryan flies multiple sims, but was still told he doesn't understand his sim? Perhaps a misinterpretation on my end, but just an odd attitude/way to approach this, in my opinion.

I have a feeling if I started a forum topic stating "You can't get this in X-Plane" like a similar topic by the OP, it wouldn't be as well-received.

Anyway, just my observations, nothing more. I have X-Plane 11, P3Dv4, FSX-Steam, FS2004, and DCS all installed, fyi. They all have their advantages/disadvantages.

I defend what I want in my freedom of expression. Objection? 

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

2 minutes ago, filou said:

I defend what I want in my freedom of expression. Objection? 

Expect others to use their freedom of expression. Freedom of expression, especially when it is designed to confront or question, is NOT freedom from consequence.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Henry Street said:

Expect others to use their freedom of expression. Freedom of expression, especially when it is designed to confront or question, is NOT freedom from consequence.

Wow! And so? 

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

1 minute ago, Henry Street said:

I have asked the moderators to comment.

And so? 

I didn't even think of the Moderator. But if it can cure you...In my case I don't need help. 

30 minutes ago, Henry Street said:

I have asked the moderators to comment.

I hope your support will arrive quickly.For the moment it hurts me to see you badly.If in a few minutes or tomorrow I can not enter this forum I will know that you will finally be repaired and I would be reassured.Now by my fault I'm going to have to prepare to live without AVSIM.It's going to be a new life for me :biggrin: you can not imagine it! but it's your communication level that I will miss not AVSIM.

You definitely did not know your SIM.

• Upvote 1

The OP is in charge of the topic.  Everyone should be considerate of his right to post his comments and his image and to control the discussions.  It appears to me that some are trying to get the OP into an argument, good or bad, about his topic.  Arguing never solves anything and think it is best one not comment unless he or she has something to contribute to the conversation.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks, Jim Young. Despite the fact that I do know my sim, actually several sims, I have not had occasion so far to learn how to use the forum's "Ignore User".  

2 hours ago, filou said:

I hope your support will arrive quickly.

I hid your additional screen shots. Your allowed to start a thread with up to 20 photos, any additional photos need to go into a new topic.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

8 hours ago, Kyle Schurb said:

Agreed. Also not sure I understand the intent of threads and comments from the OP such as this. 

It's great people think their sim is perfect, and honestly I'm happy it suits them, even if it's not my sim of choice. But there are some users of X-Plane I've noticed are extremely loud and sometimes quite rude/overly-proud that this is their choice. Makes it difficult for me to want to join in on this community.

I know Ryan flies multiple sims, but was still told he doesn't understand his sim? Perhaps a misinterpretation on my end, but just an odd attitude/way to approach this, in my opinion.

I have a feeling if I started a forum topic stating "You can't get this in X-Plane" like a similar topic by the OP, it wouldn't be as well-received.

Anyway, just my observations, nothing more. I have X-Plane 11, P3Dv4, FSX-Steam, FS2004, and DCS all installed, fyi. They all have their advantages/disadvantages.

Maybe he meant I didn't know that plane was a default addon?  It's ok though.  I think Filou has a sort of artistic style of shots, and I like them.  Others like Mik and Henry might have more real lighting but it's just their way to make a shot.  I guess in P3D v4 I do a little post processing because I don't run HDR in sim (not a fan).  But in XP11 I just spit out the pics without touching any lighting.  I think they look reasonably realistic.

Also, it seems that there is a slight language barrier here...  some of the comments seem off-color to some but not to others.  Nothing in this thread bothers me.

• Upvote 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

2 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Also, it seems that there is a slight language barrier here...

Exactly, I know Filou from my X-Plane Facebook group, his English is good but it is not his native language. He simply likes to post nice looking X-Plane shots to demonstrate how it can look. The Avism screen shot forum should be a place for just admiring the visual beauty of our chosen sims not for for getting pedantic over the wording of a sentence or colour of a screenshot. 

• Upvote 1

Jason E Row

Follow me on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/JasonRowPhotography

2 hours ago, yidahoo said:

Exactly, I know Filou from my X-Plane Facebook group, his English is good but it is not his native language. He simply likes to post nice looking X-Plane shots to demonstrate how it can look. The Avism screen shot forum should be a place for just admiring the visual beauty of our chosen sims not for for getting pedantic over the wording of a sentence or colour of a screenshot. 

That's exactly the definition of what I like to do. Show, share the visual potential of XP11 simulator that I defend with a lot of enthusiasm.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, cmpbellsjc said:

I hid your additional screen shots. Your allowed to start a thread with up to 20 photos, any additional photos need to go into a new topic.

I take note.

Filou,

Defend all you like mate.

Xplane is great, BUT, so is P3D FSX and FSW.  

There is aboslutely no need to denigrate other simmers using other platforms.

I believe there is an obvious language problem here and that you either do not understand my posture, or, have no regard for them.

Either way, I cannot see you changing your attitude and further explanations are superfluous. I am now bowing out of this post and hope to post another day.

I DO know my sim/sims

Regards

Tony

• Upvote 2

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.