Sign in to follow this  
filou

You do not know your Sim.

O2cIo3t.jpg

• Upvote 5

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

Great shot!

• Upvote 1

Dan Pergau - PPL-SEL

I7-10700k, RTX4070, 32gb-3200mhz | Dell U3415W | Saitek Pro Pedals & Logitech 3D Extreme | - PMDG Boeings, iFly MAX, Fenix A320, Leonardo MadDog and Majestic Q400 | P3Dv5 & MSFS

Wonderful,Crisp,Clear shot

• Upvote 1

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

What addon is that?

Great pic

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Filou,

Thanks for that.

Contrary to what your title suggests, I use FS9 mostly and I thought (perhaps mistakenly) that I had a reasonable grasp of the concepts of this platform. It is truly gratifying to learn that I do not.

Regards

Tony

• Upvote 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

56 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

What addon is that?

Great pic

Thank. It is not a add-on it is XP11. You are one more on the list 😂

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

51 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

Filou,

Thanks for that.

Contrary to what your title suggests, I use FS9 mostly and I thought (perhaps mistakenly) that I had a reasonable grasp of the concepts of this platform. It is truly gratifying to learn that I do not.

Regards

Tony

I do not suggest.I say.For the rest This belongs to you. 

Guest Mik75

Stunning capture! Beautiful colours! 

Just now, Mik75 said:

Stunning capture! Beautiful colours! 

Thank Mik. 

Filou,

I was simply stating that your topic title infers that  I do not know my sim. I tend to resent that statement somewhat. I will grant you that YOUR knowledge of XPlane 11 is far superior to mine given that I do not fly it often.

Perhaps it is my age that gives rise to this sentiment and I do not resile from that. Further it was not my intention to start a war here, and, I am quite sure it was not your intention either. Maybe I should not have responded in the first place.

I just feel that perhaps a little more consideration should have been given to your topic title.

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

16 hours ago, himmelhorse said:

Filou,

I was simply stating that your topic title infers that  I do not know my sim. I tend to resent that statement somewhat. I will grant you that YOUR knowledge of XPlane 11 is far superior to mine given that I do not fly it often.

Perhaps it is my age that gives rise to this sentiment and I do not resile from that. Further it was not my intention to start a war here, and, I am quite sure it was not your intention either. Maybe I should not have responded in the first place.

I just feel that perhaps a little more consideration should have been given to your topic title.

Regards

Tony

Hello Tony.

No war on my part .I've never done it and it's not my age anymore.

My title "says"  or "try to say" that a lot of simmer do not know how to use their simulator to get an optimum result visual.They have everything in their hands but do not know how to use it.

Inappropriate computer equipment,poor knowledge of the subject and a lot of complaints about their crash simulator or what they see on their screen etc...

Many people wonder how I get this result. I tell them that the best way to have the result is to be passionate and for push the sliders to the maximum it takes a powerful machine.it's not a secret but it's the very important starting point.Fly on a flight simulator with the cursor on medium it's like being half passionate.It is like see half of the thing and take half pleasure...

My picture is just XP11 maximum "Objet" with no decor add-on and "everyone" thinks I installed the add-on of the year (I exaggerate)...I'm here just to show by some shots the XP11 potential that everyone can get.

I repeat and it's nothing personal... you do not know your sim.

I know the color balance is not realistic.

Here is a great example of realistic color balance in XPlane. 

37 minutes ago, Henry Street said:

I'm flying for me and not for you so if you prefer this color can make you happy for today it's perfect for me. For be honest I do not care. 

1 hour ago, Henry Street said:

Agreed. Also not sure I understand the intent of threads and comments from the OP such as this. 

It's great people think their sim is perfect, and honestly I'm happy it suits them, even if it's not my sim of choice. But there are some users of X-Plane I've noticed are extremely loud and sometimes quite rude/overly-proud that this is their choice. Makes it difficult for me to want to join in on this community.

I know Ryan flies multiple sims, but was still told he doesn't understand his sim? Perhaps a misinterpretation on my end, but just an odd attitude/way to approach this, in my opinion.

I have a feeling if I started a forum topic stating "You can't get this in X-Plane" like a similar topic by the OP, it wouldn't be as well-received.

Anyway, just my observations, nothing more. I have X-Plane 11, P3Dv4, FSX-Steam, FS2004, and DCS all installed, fyi. They all have their advantages/disadvantages.

• Upvote 1

Best Regards,
Kyle Schurb
Developer of Virtual Cockpits, Sceneries, and Liveries.
Instrument-Rated Commercial Pilot AMEL, CFI/CFII/MEI