Sign in to follow this  
snowyuk

GSX at start of P3dv4 scenarios problem

Hi all

i am using GSX ground services by fsdt in P3dv4 

when I start a scenario I use a Dash and pick the aircraft to be at Gate 8 at EGNM by uk2000

the Dash is parking brake on and engines off. 

When I ask for GSX the menu is asking if I want to park at parking or a gate. I can’t seem to get the pushback menu.

even if I choose gate 8 from the menu that does appear, it says a Marshall is on his way but he never arrives.

when first going into the scenario I want the menu for loading, fuelling and pushback.

anyone have any ideas

thanks in advance

Not sure if this will help but I had a similar problem at TJSJ and ran the automatic updater, problem solved.

try a "couatl restart airport cache rebuild" in sim's addon menu ..... may help

and / or check other gates.

for now, cheers

john martin

Nope. Still asks me where I want to park. Tried starting a scenario at Manchester gate 8 tonight and tried gsx for pushback but asked did I want to park in parking or go to runway. 

Cant understand

You all are lucky.  For me, GSX is completely removed.  No menu when hitting Ctrl + F12, nothing under Addon.  Look in Addon Manager and it says it is installed and active.  Ran Addon Manager and the FSTX Live Update.  Still not installed.  So reinstall and now it is there and working.  But, what mysteriously uninstalled it?  It has also uninstalled many of my FSDT sceneries too.  I suspect it is my installation of FSX and the program gets confused as I didn't install it in FSX and just P3DV4 and the settings somehow get moved to FSX.  So now I install FSDT scenery and GSX in both sims and so far it has worked. 

I know.  Strange but true.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

The problem that the OP probably has is that the Afcad for the airport has errors in the parking spots. If you go into the GSX airport menu, you will most likely see that where you are parked doesn't show up in the list of parking spots. So the program thinks you are somewhere on the airport like a taxiway or runway, and shows you parking options. Try another parking spot, to spawn the aircraft on that airport, and you will find one that works. I had the same problem at Calgary with the FTX Regions scenery for the Rockies. Another alternative is just try a different airport. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

As others mentioned already, it doesnt seem to recognise the parking spot and therefore presents the gate/parking-list

A few troubleshooting tips:

Open "customize airport positions" and check if the AFCAD path shown in the top part of the window refers to the AFCAD of the UK2000 scenery. 

If it doesnt show the correct path, check your P3D installation for duplicate AFCAD bgl's for this Airport

If it does show the correct path, select one of the problematic parking-spots and hit the 'customise parking position' button. This will warp your plane to where GSX thinks this parking is located. Check if position is correct. (Note: Hit Y (slew key) in order to exit the parking editor mode in GSX)

If the spots match but your plane is being parked too far back when warping to the GSX parking, move the "Gate" and "Stop Position" item forward using the GSX parking editor. 

Hope that helps

Sorted.  It was the wrong AFCAD file. It was using the Orbx one so I deleted that and it found the uk2000 file which is on another drive. I bought 5 uk2000 airports in their last sale so I bet it will be the same for them as well.

thanks guys