I keep reading that it is better to run P3d with 30hz and I have heard it is better to run 60hz.  I have tried both and I can't tell a performance difference (at least I don't think I can tell).  Can someone explain what the differences would be?  I am using  a GTX 1060 GPU and have a Dell 34" Curved display U3415W running at 3440 x 1440 QHD.  I run FXAA off, MSAA x4, ultra textures, and 16x filtering.  I use unlimited frames and gsync.  Should I benefit with 30hz or 60hz?  What should I be keeping an eye on with one over the other?  Sorry for a very open ended question but I have no clue about this.  Thanks

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

I don't know if this helps, but my monitor is a 60hz monitor and I run at 60hz and 60fps (locked).

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

37 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

I keep reading that it is better to run P3d with 30hz and I have heard it is better to run 60hz.  I have tried both and I can't tell a performance difference (at least I don't think I can tell).  Can someone explain what the differences would be?  I am using  a GTX 1060 GPU and have a Dell 34" Curved display U3415W running at 3440 x 1440 QHD.  I run FXAA off, MSAA x4, ultra textures, and 16x filtering.  I use unlimited frames and gsync.  Should I benefit with 30hz or 60hz?  What should I be keeping an eye on with one over the other?  Sorry for a very open ended question but I have no clue about this.  Thanks

I misspoke.  I am running vsync in P3d, not gsync.  I am not too sure of the differences or where to look for a gsync setting.  Also, I am flying FSlabs or PMDG if that makes a difference for performance. 

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

I have similar hardware / settings with pmdg / orbx global & na landclass in p3dv4.

I have set 30hz with asus tweak software (not nvidia) & the sim unlimited.

the result I see is smoother generally speaking but it is sometimes "eratic" when using the simconnect window with for example gsx / patc & causing subsequent "hiccups" with mce.

end result is i prefer unlimited by asus & the sim.

for now, cheers

john martin

I have a 144hz monitor and run p3dv4 at unlimited fps, no stutters, no issues.

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

16 minutes ago, Boomer said:

I have a 144hz monitor and run p3dv4 at unlimited fps, no stutters, no issues.

I do the same.  I tried all that other stuff, running at 30 or 60hz, 1/2 frame rates etc.  But running a 144hz monitor with unlimited set in P3D seems to be the best so far and I’m still running with a simple GTX 960.   Curious to see how it will run once I pop that 1080 TI 11GB Card in this weekend.

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

Lemme know on the new gpu as I too run a gtx960/4gb

spacer.png

47 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Lemme know on the new gpu as I too run a gtx960/4gb

Will certainly do that.

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

@Boomer Just a follow up after I installed my new vid card (Asus Strix 1080 Ti 11GB), and other various updates to my system.  You can immediately tell the difference, well worth the cost and my time to track down this card at MSRP.  I left my settings the same as with my old 960 and the system runs flawlessly.  FPS hovers around 75 with default aircraft and scenery on ground, but drops to about 40 with PMDG aircraft and high detail sceneries.  It may not sound like a lot, but when your running other addons like UTLive, Rex Skyforce, AS and FTX Global, the results are great.  Textures seem to load almost instantaneously as well, utilizing the 11 GB of vid RAM I'm sure.

I still have more tweaking to go since I bought an SSD and haven't installed it yet.  

• Upvote 1

Dylan Charles

Thanks for the update.

Alas a vid card to replace my aging 960gtx/4gb is not in the budget...

spacer.png