Sign in to follow this  
mihalich

p2atc always starts up with blank map and waypoint frames

Hi,

Every time I start up p2atc for the first time in a day or so, it always starts up with a black blank map and waypoint area of the window.  If after it starts up, i exit the app and start it again, it comes up like it should with the map and default entries in the waypoint area.  I've attached a screen shot of the way it starts the first time with black areas.  It's been doing this for a while (several versions).  Any idea why this is happening?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/V7zGBBRlGpc0McY73

Thanks,

Joe

That looks like the window is maximized in windows and the P2A Minimize button is pressed (this hides the map and flight plan and attempts to shrink the window to just show the bottom Communications Strip and top Info strip).  Try pressing the P2A Minimize button (Arrow shaped button in Bottom Left) a couple of times to see if that fixes it.

Dave

Hi, that's not it.  I've attached before and after shots of pressing that arrow button.

before: https://photos.app.goo.gl/FU5XAU9JlrAca4tf2

after: https://photos.app.goo.gl/0syusT5zL3o9qmct2

It's totally weird.  It only happens if I don't launch the app for a couple of days.  Almost like there's a windows task in the windows task scheduler that is cleaning up some cache file once a day or something.  Then when i launch the app, it comes up in that weird state.

But once i close the app when it's in that state and relaunch it, it comes up correctly.  At that point I can keep closing and reopening the app back to back and it launches fine.

Then once it sits for a day or two, it comes back up in the weird state.

Thanks,

Joe

That's really strange.  Especially since it works on subsequent start-ups.

Are you running the program as Administrator (right-click and select Run as Administrator) ?

Is anyone else out there having this issue?  I cannot make it happen on my system.

Thanks,

Dave

Also, it's not once a day.  I ran it when I posted a little over an hour ago, restarted so it came up correctly, then exited.  Then i let the computer sit for an hour.  Came back, and it launched in the weird state again.

It doesn't appear to be a drawing problem.  No matter what i do (minimize, maximize, F5 refresh, etc), i just doesn't draw those two areas.

Joe

More info, when it comes up in the weird state, if i toggle the FPL button on the top right, the flight plan window draws correctly.  But there's nowhere for me to do anything to flip the map visibility state except that arrow button.

Joe,

Could you please email me the P2A log file for one of these sessions where the map does not open.  It might have a clue.

Log files are located in:

C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Logs

where <UserName> is your PC user name. Portions of the path may be hidden by default, so be sure Windows Explorer has Show Hidden Items checked in the View menu.

A new one is created each time you start Pilot2ATC, so if you take the most recent one when you have the error, you should have the correct one.

Thanks,

Dave

So, ever since i hit the FPL button after it started in the weird state to get the flight plan to draw correctly, now every time i boot it up, everything draws correctly.  Maybe some setting got stuck in a weird state in the settings file/registry or whatever?

If it happens again, i will send you the logs.

Joe

Hi Dave,

The issue happened again this morning.  There is an exception in the log.  Here are the entire contents of the log after the app booted in that state.

Program StartedPilot 2 ATC (P2A) - version 2.4.0.5_x64  01/22/2018 09:29:41
Application frmP2AMain starting 01/22/2018 09:30:13
Loading Form
Main form openned: Pilot2ATC 2018 v. 2.4.0.5_x64      AIRAC cycle: 1705
Error in frmP2AMain Load
System.InvalidOperationException: SplitterDistance must be between Panel1MinSize and Width - Panel2MinSize.
   at System.Windows.Forms.SplitContainer.set_SplitterDistance(Int32 value)
   at P2A_2018.frmP2AMain.s()
   at P2A_2018.frmP2AMain.q()
   at P2A_2018.frmP2AMain.az(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1)

Joe

5 hours ago, mihalich said:

Main form openned: Pilot2ATC 2018 v. 2.4.0.5_x64

Curious ( I don’t know code). Is this the correct spelling for opened in this context?

Cheers

howevr

On 1/21/2018 at 8:32 AM, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

That's really strange.  Especially since it works on subsequent start-ups.

Are you running the program as Administrator (right-click and select Run as Administrator) ?

Is anyone else out there having this issue?  I cannot make it happen on my system.

Thanks,

Dave

Yes Dave i have the same problem but mine stays the same way all the time no matter how many times i close and launch i get the black 2 fields as Joe is getting? i have windows 7/64 and the program seems to launch okay with it showing in taskbar and the percentage frame showing with the cockpit picture and i think when i hit that arrow you talk about it shrinks it to the taskbar? regards Peter! pvdrhall@bigpond.com

On the Btns tab of Config, in the Minimize Joystick button area, uncheck the "Minimize to Task Bar" option.

If  the Minimize arrow to the left of the Com area is pointing up, press it once so it points down.

If the window is maximized, right click on the rectangle in the upper right of the P2A Window (Windows Min/Max box) and select Restore to get P2A out of maximized mode and then resize to something less than the full screen.

Try adjusting the movable Splitter bars in the bottom panel where the radios info and Speech boxes are.  That might prevent the error the next time you open the program.

That error will be fixed in the next update.