Sign in to follow this  
MontanaMan

How to add GPS to the FSX Piper Cub?

Hi:  I'm using the Piper J3 cub in FSX to fly through the mountains here in Montana, and I would like to add GPS to it to that I can navigate to remote mountain airstrips.  Is there a way to do that?  Is there another cub plane with GPS navigation that I can add to FSX?

Thanks!

I am out of the country at the moment and away from my FSX rig so I can't confirm it, but I think the Flight Replicas Cub comes with a GPS. I also have the A2A Cub (arguably the best one out there) but I think that doesn't come with a GPS. 

Another option of course would be to buy a GTN750 and use it with the Cub in a 2D pop-up window. The GTN would certainly give you very good topographical information for mountain flying.

Bill

You could add this to the gtN750 and have Synthetic Vision too so you never have to look out of the cockpit.  :)

Harry Woodrow

Flight Replicas Super Cub is the only one with a GPS in the virtual cockpit.  Neither the A2A nor the stock MicroSoft Cubs have a GPS in the virtual cockpit and it is not possible to put a GPS in the virtual cockpit, only in a pop-up window.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

You can add a GPS by looking at any standard FSX plane panel.cfg. you will see that the first part includes the Windows, one of these will say WindowXX=GPS ( I normally add this at the bottom...Then you can scroll Down to that window and copy the Entry for the GPS window...Then paste that onto your new panel, In your case your Piper (s) 

Good luck

1 hour ago, Berlopez said:

You can add a GPS by looking at any standard FSX plane panel.cfg. you will see that the first part includes the Windows, one of these will say WindowXX=GPS ( I normally add this at the bottom...Then you can scroll Down to that window and copy the Entry for the GPS window...Then paste that onto your new panel, In your case your Piper (s) 

Good luck

The default Piper J3 Cub already has a popup window for the GPS 295 activated by Shift+3.  Op

didn't state that he knew about this or that he was looking for a payware one.  He needs to respond

back to make his real desires known.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Hey guys ... sorry for not responding sooner.  I thought AVsim.com would send me emails with the responses, but I guess I didn't have it set up properly for that.

About the GPS ... I did discover the Shift+3 feature, and I learned how to use the Garmin 295, and I've been flying the cub into remote airstrips now.

Also, because of this, I called the real Garmin company, and bought a "Garmin Glo" for use with an iPad in my real cub.  It can also be used in the car and for backpacking.  I'm a middle aged guy, and I never used a GPS before ... I always used a map for driving, and map/compass for backpacking.  But a map/compass for flying in the mountains was just too complicated for me.  Now I love GPS ... LOL.

Thanks again for the replys.