Sign in to follow this  
Jammin16

Help to P3D

Hi, everyone.

Now I've seen that there are so many people using P3D. and my understanding is that you can get some good things. But I have heard that there are some problems with P3D so now I would like to hear if anyone can recommend this instead of FSX.

So I'm very excited about whether this is better an FSX:huh:

I would also like to know if there is AI traffic for P3D.

I hope there are some who would give me an answer to this topic.:biggrin:

As to AI traffic - there are several - just read through this forum and you'll find several.

As to whether P3D is better than FSX - without question - yes. It is continually under development and has had many improvements.

Again, just read through these forums.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

24 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

Med hensyn til AI trafik - der er flere - bare læs gennem dette forum, og du finder flere.

Om P3D er bedre end FSX - uden spørgsmål - ja. Det er løbende under udvikling og har haft mange forbedringer.

Igen skal du bare læse disse fora.

Vic

Okay thank you for your help. Now I'm convinced I'd probably go over to P3D.:biggrin:

I've recently started with P3DV4, it takes a little getting used to such  as planning flights and finding out where things are. It seems to be a lot "prettier" than FSX and I am getting great frames rates (70 frames a second isn't to bad although there wasn't a lot of AI traffic around at the time). The ground scenery looks more realistic to me. I'm sold.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

2 hours ago, yellowjack said:

Jeg har for nylig startet med P3DV4, det tager lidt at blive vant til som at planlægge flyvninger og finde ud af, hvor tingene er. Det ser ud til at være meget "pænere" end FSX, og jeg får fantastiske billedpriser (70 billeder pr. Sekund er ikke så dårligt, selv om der ikke var meget trafik i AI på det tidspunkt). Landskabet ser mere realistisk ud for mig. Jeg er solgt.

Hello yellowjack
Thank you for giving your opinion about P3Dv4, I'm thinking about buying this, but it's not entirely 100% sure.

But until now there are many good positive things about this product. :biggrin:

As I said, I do not have P3D but do you have a look at this from the simmarket, which gives a beautiful landscape. http://secure.simmarket.com/toga-projects-envshade-fsx-p3d.phtml

One has to get used to the P3DV4 way of doing things e.g. There were many times I couldn't get past the clearance stage to the taxi stage (I had decided to do a tour of the Caribbean in my trusty Duke). It turned out that the problem was easy to solve after I finally worked it out. In P4DV4 one really has to use the program to place one's aircraft at the planned departure parking spot, close enough is not good enough. Once the truth of my problem was discovered (accidentally) it was all too easy but it wasn't obvious and there were no clues to be found. So, I had discovered that AI doesn't track from your aircraft position to the runway it plans the taxi from the exact nominated parking spot location, if your aircraft isn't the exact spot you don't get any progress beyond the clearance stage. It is only a matter of getting to know the minor foibles of P3D. The proof of the pudding is that I am now turning to P3D first rather than FSX which I still have available.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

16 hours ago, yellowjack said:

One has to get used to the P3DV4 way of doing things e.g. There were many times I couldn't get past the clearance stage to the taxi stage (I had decided to do a tour of the Caribbean in my trusty Duke). It turned out that the problem was easy to solve after I finally worked it out. In P4DV4 one really has to use the program to place one's aircraft at the planned departure parking spot, close enough is not good enough. Once the truth of my problem was discovered (accidentally) it was all too easy but it wasn't obvious and there were no clues to be found. So, I had discovered that AI doesn't track from your aircraft position to the runway it plans the taxi from the exact nominated parking spot location, if your aircraft isn't the exact spot you don't get any progress beyond the clearance stage. It is only a matter of getting to know the minor foibles of P3D. The proof of the pudding is that I am now turning to P3D first rather than FSX which I still have available.

I hear what you say, but do not forget that there are problems with all PC games / simulators. but you can not avoid mistakes 100% I've also had many and big problems with FSX as probably would not happen in the P3D.

I would like to know which of these games you can recommend by P3D? :huh:

P3Dv4:

P3Dv4 Professional License

P3Dv4 Professional Developer License

P3Dv4 Academic License

P3Dv4 Professional Plus License

P3Dv4 Pro Plus Developer License

I'd rather have a pro but which one I do not know?:huh:

1 hour ago, Startour said:

I hear what you say, but do not forget that there are problems with all PC games / simulators. but you can not avoid mistakes 100% I've also had many and big problems with FSX as probably would not happen in the P3D.

I would like to know which of these games you can recommend by P3D? :huh:

P3Dv4:

P3Dv4 Professional License

P3Dv4 Professional Developer License

P3Dv4 Academic License

P3Dv4 Professional Plus License

P3Dv4 Pro Plus Developer License

I'd rather have a pro but which one I do not know?:huh:

For start they are all the same simulator, not game ;)

For a regular simmer academic licence or professional is enough, being the main difference of then a water mark in the Academic Licence saying....Academic Licence :)

But you have the details in their site!

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

4 minutes ago, dmarques69 said:

Til start er de alle samme simulator, ikke spil;)

For en regelmæssig simmer akademisk licens eller professionel er nok, at være den vigtigste forskel på så et vandmærke i den akademiske licens siger .... Academic License :)

Men du har detaljer på deres hjemmeside!

Hello Dmarques69

Thank you for your comment. When I looked at the different simulator I could not quite see the difference but the obvious thing for me would be to listen to your advice. However, I have a small problem I can not use my Qualitywings 787 since it's only available to FSX.:cool:

6 minutes ago, Startour said:

Hello Dmarques69

Thank you for your comment. When I looked at the different simulator I could not quite see the difference but the obvious thing for me would be to listen to your advice. However, I have a small problem I can not use my Qualitywings 787 since it's only available to FSX.:cool:

Yep, if thats one of your favourite planes you have that problem, but i heard that the guys from Qualitywings are working on a version for P3D V4 ;)

But if you want my opinion, the leap from FSX for P3D v4 worth every plane sacrifice, the improvements are so many, being the main the end of the castrators OOM's, i'm also wating on my favourite airliner for V4, the aerosoft A320 that is sitll in developing and i lost since i moved to V4, but i dont regret ;)

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

1 hour ago, Startour said:

Hello Dmarques69

The QW 787 is coming to P3Dv4 soon. I'm not sure if you'll have to pay again though.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

1 hour ago, dmarques69 said:

Yep, if thats one of your favourite planes you have that problem, but i heard that the guys from Qualitywings are working on a version for P3D V4 ;)

But if you want my opinion, the leap from FSX for P3D v4 worth every plane sacrifice, the improvements are so many, being the main the end of the castrators OOM's, i'm also wating on my favourite airliner for V4, the aerosoft A320 that is sitll in developing and i lost since i moved to V4, but i dont regret ;)

Yes, that's what I mean. I have many flights and airports which I would not lose. Or I have to settle with P3Dv3! :/ 

On 19/1/2018 at 4:23 PM, dmarques69 said:

Airbus X Extended A318, A319, A320, A321 would maybe be available to P3Dv4 in 2018 look here http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/123481-whats-p3d-v4-compatible/:biggrin:

20 minutes ago, Startour said:

Airbus X Extended A318, A319, A320, A321 would maybe be available to P3Dv4 in 2018 look here http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/123481-whats-p3d-v4-compatible/:biggrin:

heheh i know that mate, i visit that topic almost every week ;)

Marques

23 hours ago, Startour said:

Yes, that's what I mean. I have many flights and airports which I would not lose. Or I have to settle with P3Dv3! :/ 

It depends. If your sceneries and airports are Orbx, they are now all compatible with P3Dv4. UK2000 also compatible. Many Aerosoft and FSDT and other airports compatible. Many aircraft are also compatible. Too many to relist. There are previous topics that list what is compatible. You might want to google to check these out.

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049