Sign in to follow this  
Jammin16

Help to P3D

6 hours ago, AviatorMan said:

Det kommer an på. Hvis dine scenerier og lufthavne er Orbx, er de nu alle kompatible med P3Dv4. UK2000 også kompatibel. Mange Aerosoft og FSDT og andre lufthavne kompatible. Mange fly er også kompatible. For mange til relist. Der er tidligere emner, der viser, hvad der er kompatibelt. Du vil måske google for at tjekke disse ud.

Hello thanks for your reply.:biggrin:

Yes I found out that there were many airports and aircraft that were compatible with P3Dv4. Aerosoft has made a list of airplanes and airports that are compatible with P3Dv4 now and those that may come in the future.:biggrin:

Look here: https://www.aerosoft.com/en/fsxp3d/news/what-s-prepar3d-v4-compatible

On 18/1/2018 at 5:37 PM, vgbaron said:

As to AI traffic - there are several - just read through this forum and you'll find several.

As to whether P3D is better than FSX - without question - yes. It is continually under development and has had many improvements.

Again, just read through these forums.

Vic

Hi, I also wanted to hear about PTA or TOGA PROJECTS - ENVSHADE for P3D v4 ???:huh:

And does the P3D v4 have free flight ???:huh:

7 hours ago, Startour said:

Hi, I also wanted to hear about PTA or TOGA PROJECTS - ENVSHADE for P3D v4 ???:huh:

And does the P3D v4 have free flight ???:huh:

Both those products affect what you see. Both are quite good. Envshade is the simplest where PTA has many options. If you like fiddling with settings - PTA. As to which is better, that's up to you. Yes, you can just jump in and fly around without a plan etc.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

14 hours ago, vgbaron said:

Both those products affect what you see. Both are quite good. Envshade is the simplest where PTA has many options. If you like fiddling with settings - PTA. As to which is better, that's up to you. Yes, you can just jump in and fly around without a plan etc.

Vic

Thanks for your help, I look forward to purchasing P3D v4 when the Airbus X Extended has become compatible with P3D v4.:happy:

On 23/1/2018 at 6:36 PM, vgbaron said:

Vic

But what can I do with my current aircraft and airports that I have for fsx I do not know how many of them are for the P3D v4?

And I did not want to buy the same things again just because I wanted to change the simulator.

1 hour ago, Startour said:

But what can I do with my current aircraft and airports that I have for fsx I do not know how many of them are for the P3D v4?

And I did not want to buy the same things again just because I wanted to change the simulator.

Most FSX add-ons, especially aircraft, won't work properly (or at all) in P3Dv4.

However, the simplest way to see what works is to install your FSX addons one at a time and see what works.

There are several threads on the forums here (the one below being the most relevant which discusses compatibility or upgrade processes.)

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

2 hours ago, F737NG said:

De fleste FSX-add-ons, især fly, fungerer ikke korrekt (eller slet ikke) i P3Dv4.

Den enkleste måde at se, hvad der virker på, er at installere dine FSX addons en ad gangen og se hvad der virker.

Der er flere tråde på forummet her (den nedenstående er den mest relevante, der diskuterer kompatibilitets- eller opgraderingsprocesser.)

Hi, F737NG thank you for your help I would like to try your proposal.

On 23/1/2018 at 6:36 PM, vgbaron said:

Vic

Hi, unfortunately, I found out that many of the airports and aircraft I have at FSX can not work with the P3D v4. so I have to buy the same airports and fly only to the P3D v4. I think it's a waste of money because I have about 15,500 Danish kroner on the things I have for FSX. :(

That would mean I have 2082 Euro or 2590.63 Dollars wasted!

Welcome to the world of flight sim.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

8 hours ago, Startour said:

I have to buy the same airports and fly only to the P3D v4

You might want to check with the vendors of those airports first, when I moved from FSX to P3D V2 (some 4-5 years ago) and then P3D V3 and now P3D V4 most of my FSX airports I had were updated to V2/V3 for free (many even to V4 for free) all my Orbx products were and several other vendors.

Example:

Danish Airfields - Herning (free update or very cheap update $7.50)
Danish Airfields - Tun0 (free or $9.99)

and many others.  So you might want to check around with the source vendors first and you might be pleasantly surprised that not all your "investment" was wasted.

Cheers, Rob.

Does anyone know if the free trial of P3D allows you to import addons to check compatability or is it purely a demonsteation for the base package? That may be a way of the OP checking which of their airports actually work or not prior to making the leap. 

Ian S

38.jpg

15 hours ago, Startour said:

Hi, unfortunately, I found out that many of the airports and aircraft I have at FSX can not work with the P3D v4. so I have to buy the same airports and fly only to the P3D v4. I think it's a waste of money because I have about 15,500 Danish kroner on the things I have for FSX. :(

That would mean I have 2082 Euro or 2590.63 Dollars wasted!

I remember how much money I spend on movies on VHS-tapes...

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Startour said:

Hej, desværre fandt jeg ud af at mange af de lufthavne og fly, jeg har hos FSX, ikke kan arbejde med P3D v4. så jeg skal købe de samme lufthavne og flyve kun til P3D v4. Jeg synes, det er spild af penge, fordi jeg har omkring 15.500 kroner på de ting, jeg har til FSX. :(

Det ville betyde, at jeg har spildt 2082 Euro eller 2590,63 Dollars!

Hello, everyone is nice to write and help me.:biggrin: Yesterday d.26 / 01/2018 was I on the link that you sent to me with what is compatible with the P3D v4.

And many of my airports and some of my aircraft have automatically become compatible with the P3D v4. BUT the worst is that I'm going to buy my PMDG again just because it's a different platform than FSX. and I am very sorry. I hope Aerosoft would make the Airbus X Extended Automatic for P3D v4 so I do not have to cube some flights 2 times.

Is it just me who think it's pretty stupid and has to pay twice for the flights you have?:huh:

On 1/27/2018 at 0:28 AM, Startour said:

Is it just me who think it's pretty stupid and has to pay twice for the flights you have?

I wouldn't say "stupid" ... perhaps a lack of understanding of the additional work involved to make the product work in the latest version of P3D.  What you are essentially suggesting is equivalent to buying a Porsche 911 in 1963 and expecting to get a free new Porsche 911 Turbo in 2018 by claiming they are the "same".

Unfortunately this is a common misconception of software development, because the software isn't tangible and may or may not present any visual differences, it's therefore deemed "the same".  It's a false assertion, significant changes to software doesn't always present itself "visually" ... just the nature of software development and coding.  But work is work and the vendor will want to recover the cost of that work.

Cheers, Rob. 

14 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Jeg ville ikke sige "dumt" ... måske en mangel på forståelse for det ekstra arbejde, der er involveret for at få produktet til at fungere i den nyeste version af P3D. Hvad du i det væsentlige foreslår svarer til at købe en Porsche 911 i 1963 og forventer at få en gratis ny Porsche 911 Turbo i 2018 ved at hævde, at de er de samme.

Desværre er dette en almindelig misforståelse af softwareudvikling, fordi softwaren ikke er håndgribelig og måske eller måske ikke frembyder visuelle forskelle, det anses derfor for "det samme". Det er en falsk påstand, at væsentlige ændringer i software ikke altid præsenterer sig "visuelt" ... bare arten af softwareudvikling og kodning. Men arbejde er arbejde, og sælgeren vil gerne genoprette omkostningerne ved det arbejde.

Skål, Rob. 

Hi Rob

I agree with what you say, but now I take a good example of the Simmarket, Latin VFR Miami has made this for the latest version (Miami v4) that those who had Latin VFR Miami v3 would get a discount on Latin VFR Miami v4.

You can see this here: http://secure.simmarket.com/latinvfr-miami-international-airport-kmia-v4-fsx-p3d.phtml

and yes, I understand that they have worked hard and hard for making P3D flights.
But if you have to pay full price when you already own these PMDG planes, you may be a little spicy.

You have
PMDG 737-600 / 700/800/900
PMDG 747-400 v3
PMDG 777-200 / 300ER