Sign in to follow this  
DTG_Cryss

Flight Sim World Enters Phase 2 Of Development

13 hours ago, BaronKen said:

Cryss, please explain what the long term goal "improve the look of the world" actually means in regards to future scenery changes that are in the works.

Some answers to this are, based on previous things said, PBR for ground textures like they did for the planes.  You can see some of this at Prescott Field and Koblenz,  Then there's dynamic and real weather.  Working with Simul on improving the weather. 

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 7:27 AM, scotchegg said:

I've found my eyebrows raising to many an opinion on Avsim but on seeing the opinion that default FSX cloud textures are better than True Sky they pretty much ejected themselves from my forehead.

Hi, Stephen. I hope your eyebrows are still there! lol!! All I am trying to say is what I am seeing from True Sky is out of focus, you have to check the box in the FSW interface that says "stable cloud motion" to stop the clouds from looking like the smoke from my ashtray when I lay my cigar or cigarette in it. Even DTG say they are still working with True Sky to get it optimized! Have you looked down to the ground while flying through clouds and seen the whited out ground and the 2D trees? Have you seen the dull water animation while the flickering is going on near the shore?

If you know of anyway to fix True Sky, please let me know!

Thanks,

Mike        

TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI)MOTHERBOARD 
AMD Ryzen 5 5900X CPU-LIQUID COOLED
AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
32GB RAM G-SKILL TRIDENT Z
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB

12 hours ago, simaddict said:

If you know of anyway to fix True Sky, please let me know!

No. As you say, this is still under development.

DTG_Cryss (Dovetail) has recently commented on this issue, quote: "That is an issue that needs to be fixed,..."

simaddict, a simple workaround for the whited ground through clouds is to hit alt-enter twice. I have not checked if this still works since the update, but it did before it.

James

2 hours ago, Phantoms said:

simaddict, a simple workaround for the whited ground through clouds is to hit alt-enter twice. I have not checked if this still works since the update, but it did before it.

Actually the ground isn't whited, FSW just shows the autogen's Ambient Occlusion through the clouds when you are inside of them. It's a bug, they know about it, they will fix it, like they did with other visual bugs. 

You don't need to alt+enter twice anymore, there's an option to disable the ambient occlusion on the settings. Just deactivate it and you are good to go. I like the effect (the ambient occlusion, not the bug), so I will patiently wait them to fix it.

• Upvote 1

On 1/21/2018 at 0:09 PM, simaddict said:

Hi, Stephen. I hope your eyebrows are still there! lol!!    

It's ok. When my friends and family see me, they just say "Avsim, right?" with a knowing frown.

13 hours ago, ca_metal said:

I like the effect (the ambient occlusion

Yeah, the AO is a lot better after the latest update (although still not quite there yet).

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

On 20/01/2018 at 6:20 AM, theohall65 said:

Some answers to this are, based on previous things said, PBR for ground textures like they did for the planes.  You can see some of this at Prescott Field and Koblenz,  Then there's dynamic and real weather.  Working with Simul on improving the weather. 

Yes and lighting will be somethinng they are costantly working on with possibly dynamic lighting to come backend of 2018? Lets hope.

I'm sure there's stuff they haven't told us either and thats without 3PD chiming in...