Sign in to follow this  
Nicrative

Main Panel Light goes partly dark after 50 minutes of flying

Hello,

I have very weird issue that has been bugging me for the last few weeks on every single NGX flight I have done in the dark. Especially this time of the year a lot of my flying happens in the dark so it's there for almost every flight.

My main panel light (CAPT) side goes partly blank after around 45-50 minutes of flying even though I don't touch the switch or touch anything in the sim at all. Some parts of the light keeps illuminated while some parts doesn't. Very weird issue. Here is few pictures about it to give better explanation.

All lights working as expected. This is on ground when I was preparing the aircraft for departure.
CYb1Gav.jpg

Part of the lights gone dark. Note that my Main Panel Switch is set to full brightness. For example the flap extension schedule, standby heading gauge, autobrake, speed knobs, fuel flow, flaps indicator etc are dark and extremely hard to find in the dark cockpit.
Ag5mac5.jpg

My sim information:
Prepar3D v4.1 Academic License
PMDG 737 NGX for P3D with no modifications whatsoever apart from the livery (happens on all liveries)
Windows 10 Professional
I tried reinstalling my 737 NGX addon with no help to the issue.

Can someone please help me?

Best regards,
Jouka Ahponen

Yep, I believe this is a known issue with P3D 4.1 that should be fixed with the next update. There's a few other threads about this issue floating around. Don't quote me on this, but I believe it has something to do with internal texture swapping, and it affects only a few aircraft.

IIRC, you can "fix" the issue by turning "Mipmap VC Panels" off and back on.

• Upvote 1