Sign in to follow this  
Kevlar01

FlightBeam KPHX v2.0 Released

updated for V4 yet the river is still missing, just some ugly texture with no water :/

Hahaha, Luis! It's not nice cutting in front of everyone like that. You must have been really delayed! lol

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

When I finally start buying scenery for my P3D FlightBeam will be my first purchase.

The Plan tonight:

KMSP- KDEN- KPHX (to check out that new DL)- KSFO- and a dawn landing at KIAD All Flightbeam

PMDG 738 w/FS2Crew, ASP4+ASCA, Orbx global complete, GSX  etc. etc.

Life is good

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Slayer said:

updated for V4 yet the river is still missing, just some ugly texture with no water :/

Joking I hope ;)  The river looks just fine.

2018-1-19_18-16-21-17.jpg

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

I realize there is a dam there but down from it just a texture , no "salt river" , Wheres the canal?

LOL, well the textures are actually pretty accurate overall because the 'Great Salt River' is kind of a joke the locals tell to out of towners! :happy:  It is a natural riverbed however since they put in a series of dams way up river in the mountains in the last century, there's almost never any running water in the riverbed within the metro Phoenix portion.  99.9% of the time it's a dry, rocky depression.

The 'river' shown above is Tempe Town Lake, which is completely artificial and had to be filled by pumping water in...not from damming the river because there's no flowing water in that part of town.

Yeah, we do some pretty crazy things out here in the desert...must be the heat!  :gaul:

Cheers, Kevin

• Upvote 2

Kevin S

8 hours ago, pracines said:

The Plan tonight:

KMSP- KDEN- KPHX (to check out that new DL)- KSFO- and a dawn landing at KIAD All Flightbeam

PMDG 738 w/FS2Crew, ASP4+ASCA, Orbx global complete, GSX  etc. etc.

Life is good

Wow Paul, I would be lucky to do all that in a week, around 2000 nm trim to get to KSFO and another 2500 from KSFO to KIAD.

Thats some flying for a night. That's pulling an "all nighter" if there ever was one :biggrin:

Enjoy :cool:

All masterpieces of scenery.

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I had no idea it was coming out.  I bought KPHX on 1/18/18 and I am not sure what version I have.  Is here a way to tell if I have v1 or v2?

Paul Gugliotta

Paul, wow yeah that's tricky because you purchased on the day v2 was released so it just depends on the timing.

If it was still Version 1, it will have installed with the old method which uses the Couatl Addon Manager. If you got version 2 it should have installed under Flightbeam's own FB Manager utility, so that's the best way to tell.

Even if you happened to get v1, you're still entitled to the free upgrade but you'll have to go through the update process.

Cheers, Kevin

Kevin S

2 hours ago, paulyg123 said:

I had no idea it was coming out.  I bought KPHX on 1/18/18 and I am not sure what version I have.  Is here a way to tell if I have v1 or v2?

On my system:

The file version for V1 is 1.4.0.0 

The File version for V2 is 2.0.0.45

6 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Wow Paul, I would be lucky to do all that in a week, around 2000 nm trim to get to KSFO and another 2500 from KSFO to KIAD.

Thats some flying for a night. That's pulling an "all nighter" if there ever was one :biggrin:

Enjoy :cool:

All masterpieces of scenery.

This is very commonplace for my daily schedule. Flightbeam and many other companies make flight training/simulation an immersive experience that is quite excellent.   

Currently I'm pre-planning tonight's flight from KIAD to LSZH in the PMDG 744 V3 checking out the new FS2Crew version 1.1 

I would fly during the day today, but I have a house full of company intended to celebrate a friends birthday, and the intention is to do lots of VR entertainment. I will still have other PC's available to fly in FS1-FS9, FSX-SE, MS Flight, FSW or XP-11 for family and friends to enjoy if they wish. 

There is always a flight sim running at my house. :gaul: 

• Upvote 1