Sign in to follow this  
JustinQ

A small favor from PMDG ;p

For awhile now, i have had FSX and been enjoying my boxed copy of the MD-11, and now with the release of P3D v4 many issues such as VAS are nonexistent but one thing is missing...A good MD-11 simulation. Now i'm not asking anyone to make an MD-11 but i can compile gauges/ dlls and i would ask that PMDG perhaps maybe send me the uncompiled MD-11 dlls so maybe i can give a shot at using this bird in P3D v4. Now i understand distribution rights may be an issue and such but the MD-11 isn't really a heavily supported aircraft anymore and its kind of just there now so i see no reason why giving a shot at recompiling its files in v4 would do harm! I understand the answer more than likely is no but i figured it may be worth shot. (Yes, any issues this causes to my sim or other products in Prepar3D v4 i can fix myself ;p)

• Upvote 1

If I were you, I would mail them.. even though it is indeed very highly likely (hm, I liked writing that) no

Victor Roos

@JustinQ

Asking any developer for un-compiled code is the worse thing you could ever do, effectively what you are asking the developer is to reveal and hand over to you all the lines of source code,  algorithms, logic and research that it did during years, in other words you would be saying is: Can you give me for free all the hard work you did over years and years please?.

Although I know your intentions are benign, most developer would find your request a bit offensive and un-respectful towards their work given the time and effort that it takes to write Flight simulation software and add-on's.

Just to put things in perspective:

• Would it be fair to ask a chef to hand over all it's secrets recipes?
  • Would it be fair to ask Ferrari to hand over all the parameters of their F1 engines?
  • Would it be fair to ask Airbus to reveal all the aerodynamic information of their wings?
  • Would it be fair to ask Apple to reveal all the source code for their new IOS and blue prints of their new iPhone X?

I know you mean well, but I just wanted to take the opportunity to make you understand why your answer is going to be negative so you don't take it personally.

Best Regards,
Simbol

• Upvote 2

Topic locked as it cannot go any further than this w/o violating our Terms of Service.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10