I have experienced exactly the same behavior in a AS16 with FSX several times.

There will be sudden change, not reported in the METAR to ~30 kn in opposite direction,  usually it seems in a very small area and it will go back to reported.

I tested by flying a pattern, and I will be exposed to the change which obviously crash the plane.(GA)

It is very obscure situation, very rarely experienced and difficult to document.

I was hoping somebody else would notice that as you did.

It is definitely there.

Sim,PC, monitor,prescription glasses, chair.

Thanks Mike for your reply!

It is indeed a rare experience, but it is already there for many years.

Are there any other users that can confirm this? Anyone that has performed the test at EBAW in order to reproduce this problem?

Best regards,

Snoopy

Belgium

I figured I would chime in on this issue as last night I had something similar when flying into FSDT KLAS in 4.3 with AS16 and the FSlabs319.  Winds were reported 020/7.  While on approach to 26L right around 1000 feet, they shifted to 330/30 reported on my ND.  I went around and the weather went back to what was reported.  On short final, same thing happened again.  I have never had this happen before. 

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive